TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
hutchca

XFinity VOD freezes

I just upgraded to a new Premier XL, Mainly so I could get the new Xfinity On Demand service.
Unfortunately it's not working. I get the menus and when I select a video it starts playing for about two seconds, then freezes. Any video, every time.
Sometimes I get an error screen that gives a reference number SRM-8001.

I've called Comcast and TiVo and nobody seems to know how to fix it.
So I thought I'd ask the TiVo users. Anyone seen this problem and/or know how to fix it?

I did search the forums and Google for anything on this and couldn't find anything.

Update: I called Comcast back and finally got someone who knew what they were doing. He was able to send a command to my cable card and got things working.

Last edited by hutchca : 05-18-2012 at 10:55 PM.
hutchca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
StringFellow

That is the biggest problem with TiVo and cable cards. You have to find the right person in customer support who can handle cable cards.

Here locally any cable card issues require a technician to show up. Usually the techs are fairly good, but occasionally you get one that is clueless.

Best of luck with Xfinity VOD....it wont' be here for quite some time, if ever.
StringFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
yamagata

What's the command sent to your cable card? Many people are having the same problem, with no help from comcast. Could you please call them back and see if you can get information or a reference number that other Comcast techs could access? It would help us all. Thanks!
yamagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringFellow View Post
That is the biggest problem with TiVo and cable cards. You have to find the right person in customer support who can handle cable cards.

Here locally any cable card issues require a technician to show up. Usually the techs are fairly good, but occasionally you get one that is clueless.

Best of luck with Xfinity VOD....it wont' be here for quite some time, if ever.
From what I was told by Comcast Tech support, only the new Cisco branded PKM801 cablecards will support the TiVo Xfinity On Demand service (In Cisco/SA markets) and not the old Scientific Atlanta branded PKM800 cablecards. Anyway here is one thread http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-O...g/td-p/1401009 and another thread http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-O...e/td-p/1374395

Comcast says for my area in New Jersey which is a Cisco/SA market, that the remainder of New Jersey should get this service early May 2013, so fingers crossed.
Mike-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
mpnret

Comcast/Xfinity VOD has been working in Morris county, NJ since I got my TIVO. I have a Motorola card. I did have major problems getting them to program the card correctly. It seems if there is any issue they just want to do a truck roll and I was fighting it. After many calls I was able to get it working over the phone.
mpnret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
tannerdog

Xfinity VOD Solved

It's a billing issue. A code needs to be added to your XFinity billing for "TiVo Premiere".

I contacted Comcast Xfinity customer service . The representative confirmed that the billing code was the issue and corrected my account. On-Demand work great now.
tannerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Bigg

Mine bombs out every time I go into XoD, and then once I click through the error message, it works fine. Go figure.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
timstack8969

I'm also having the problem with Xfinity on demand Freezing when first starts playing. I have to restart the Premiere and then it usually works but not always. I'm using a Cisco cable card 800 I believe. Do I need to upgrade the cable card? I'm on the comcast of Garden State NJ system.
timstack8969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #9
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstack8969 View Post
I'm also having the problem with Xfinity on demand Freezing when first starts playing. I have to restart the Premiere and then it usually works but not always. I'm using a Cisco cable card 800 I believe. Do I need to upgrade the cable card? I'm on the comcast of Garden State NJ system.
No. The following procedure seems to work pretty well.

1. Stand up from the couch.

2. Walk clockwise three times around the room.

3. Chant "Comcast" "Comcast" "Comcast" in a hoarse whisper.

4. Blink your eyes four times.

Then it might work.

Seriously, it's erratic. I don't think it has much to do with the CableCard, as it's implemented through software with Comcast's backend.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
muerte33

At least you guys have Comcast (Xfinity) VOD over your Tivos.
I don't think this will ever get to us down here in southern MS!
muerte33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #11
JonM in MN

Still having this issue

Got a Roamio Plus and three Minis just after Christmas. Got a good rep on the line and she added the correct code and got it working, but now it's doing it AGAIN.

We don't watch a lot of VOD but I'd like to fix this permanently. Looks like a tech visit is my best hope?
JonM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote