TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
rcahall

Getting back after selecting Tivo

Hi all-

We have had our new Tivo Roamio for over 2 weeks now and loving it! I don't know how we lived before it. Just a quick question....when you are watching a show from My Shows and you go back to my shows to browse how do I get back to the show I was watching without going back to it and hitting resume. When I click Live TV it takes me to a live show on TV. TIA
rcahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcahall View Post
Hi all-

We have had our new Tivo Roamio for over 2 weeks now and loving it! I don't know how we lived before it. Just a quick question....when you are watching a show from My Shows and you go back to my shows to browse how do I get back to the show I was watching without going back to it and hitting resume. When I click Live TV it takes me to a live show on TV. TIA
Try the Zoom button. Think of it as "zooming" the thumbnail display back to full size.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
rcahall

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
Try the Zoom button. Think of it as "zooming" the thumbnail display back to full size.
Thanks, that worked!
rcahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
Leon WIlkinson
TiVo Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcahall View Post
Thanks, that worked!
Not sure if you can take that video window off on the roamio, but you can on a premiere. so the Zoom won't work then.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
palover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon WIlkinson View Post
Not sure if you can take that video window off on the roamio, but you can on a premiere. so the Zoom won't work then.
Not sure what you mean, but 'zoom' works on both the Roamio (as reported by the OP) and the Premiere.
palover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
PLargent

Viewers Guide for Roamio Series DVRs

I am a new (less than two weeks) TiVo and Roamio Pro owner. I have a lot of questions about the user interface too. I had been trying to figure out the remote control and User interface by myself too. Luckily, if found a document "Viewers Guide for Roamio Series DVRs" on the Tivo website. It has helped explain what the remote buttons and menu options are meant to do on the various menus.

Yes, there is a way to get rid of the "thumbnail window" in the upper right corner and give yourself 6 choices across the top instead of just 4 across the top. I tried this, hated it, and reset it back to the default.

This PDF document can be found at:

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...F3OC1HbA%3D%3D
PLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
PLargent

Best 3 pages from User Guide

Here are the best 2-3 pages from that 109 page document:

I inserted the image files here since I can't figure out how to insert an image into this post.
Attached Images
File Type: png roamio1-Tips and shortcuts.png (32.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg roamio3-Remote.jpg (62.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg roamio5 Glossary of Icons.jpg (46.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
PLargent

Guide for one channel?

Maybe somebody can answer this question for me:

I can view the "guide" that shows me the list of channels on the left and the list of shows from the highlighted channel on the right. I once hit a key or combination of keys that made the screen become a guide for just the one channel (ex discovery) so I saw a long list of shows on the left with info on the highlighted show on the right. I could then page up and down to find what I was looking for without selecting one show and leaving the guide. I have not been able to recreate this on the Roamio since.

This is a feature I used to have on my FIOS DVR and want to figure out how to get this to reappear on the Roamio. Does anybody know how to make this happen?
Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
aryndub

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but is it possible to sort the groups by something other than recorded date? Original air date or episode number would help greatly. I've accidentally played episodes out of order due to the sorting and assumption that the bottom listing was the oldest episode.
aryndub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
PLargent

How to flip between two live shows?

I am often trying to watch two live shows by switching between them. For example watching two football games simultaneously. The back button does not flip you back to the other game. The only way to make this happen is to double press the TiVo button or press the right ">" button. Then I read a few screens and make a few clicks to go from the one I am on to the other one on a different tuner.

I like to leave one paused when I watch the other so I can flip back to where I was. If I type in the cannel number then that tuner goes to the channel and the "live buffer" is erased.

Is there an easy way to switch back to the last tuner I was watching?
Old 12-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
jrtroo
User

Hitting record will help avoid issues with dumping the live buffer...
Old 12-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLargent View Post
I am often trying to watch two live shows by switching between them. For example watching two football games simultaneously. The back button does not flip you back to the other game. The only way to make this happen is to double press the TiVo button or press the right ">" button. Then I read a few screens and make a few clicks to go from the one I am on to the other one on a different tuner.

I like to leave one paused when I watch the other so I can flip back to where I was. If I type in the cannel number then that tuner goes to the channel and the "live buffer" is erased.

Is there an easy way to switch back to the last tuner I was watching?
Yes. "Enter" (bottom right key) will swap you back and forth between the last two channels tuned.