TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
rcahall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Getting back after selecting Tivo

Hi all-

We have had our new Tivo Roamio for over 2 weeks now and loving it! I don't know how we lived before it. Just a quick question....when you are watching a show from My Shows and you go back to my shows to browse how do I get back to the show I was watching without going back to it and hitting resume. When I click Live TV it takes me to a live show on TV. TIA
rcahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
chrispitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcahall View Post
Hi all-

We have had our new Tivo Roamio for over 2 weeks now and loving it! I don't know how we lived before it. Just a quick question....when you are watching a show from My Shows and you go back to my shows to browse how do I get back to the show I was watching without going back to it and hitting resume. When I click Live TV it takes me to a live show on TV. TIA
Try the Zoom button. Think of it as "zooming" the thumbnail display back to full size.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
rcahall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
Try the Zoom button. Think of it as "zooming" the thumbnail display back to full size.
Thanks, that worked!
rcahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
Leon WIlkinson
TiVo Gone Wild
 
Leon WIlkinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: TiVo Town
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcahall View Post
Thanks, that worked!
Not sure if you can take that video window off on the roamio, but you can on a premiere. so the Zoom won't work then.
__________________
After 20 attempts, I can do almost anything? ;)
Leon WIlkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
palover
Registered User
 
palover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon WIlkinson View Post
Not sure if you can take that video window off on the roamio, but you can on a premiere. so the Zoom won't work then.
Not sure what you mean, but 'zoom' works on both the Roamio (as reported by the OP) and the Premiere.
palover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
PLargent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: FIOS Territory in Maryland
Posts: 12
Viewers Guide for Roamio Series DVRs

I am a new (less than two weeks) TiVo and Roamio Pro owner. I have a lot of questions about the user interface too. I had been trying to figure out the remote control and User interface by myself too. Luckily, if found a document "Viewers Guide for Roamio Series DVRs" on the Tivo website. It has helped explain what the remote buttons and menu options are meant to do on the various menus.

Yes, there is a way to get rid of the "thumbnail window" in the upper right corner and give yourself 6 choices across the top instead of just 4 across the top. I tried this, hated it, and reset it back to the default.

This PDF document can be found at:

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...F3OC1HbA%3D%3D
PLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
PLargent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: FIOS Territory in Maryland
Posts: 12
Best 3 pages from User Guide

Here are the best 2-3 pages from that 109 page document:

I inserted the image files here since I can't figure out how to insert an image into this post.
Attached Images
File Type: png roamio1-Tips and shortcuts.png (32.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg roamio3-Remote.jpg (62.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg roamio5 Glossary of Icons.jpg (46.4 KB, 23 views)
PLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
PLargent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: FIOS Territory in Maryland
Posts: 12
Guide for one channel?

Maybe somebody can answer this question for me:

I can view the "guide" that shows me the list of channels on the left and the list of shows from the highlighted channel on the right. I once hit a key or combination of keys that made the screen become a guide for just the one channel (ex discovery) so I saw a long list of shows on the left with info on the highlighted show on the right. I could then page up and down to find what I was looking for without selecting one show and leaving the guide. I have not been able to recreate this on the Roamio since.

This is a feature I used to have on my FIOS DVR and want to figure out how to get this to reappear on the Roamio. Does anybody know how to make this happen?
PLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
aryndub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 26
Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but is it possible to sort the groups by something other than recorded date? Original air date or episode number would help greatly. I've accidentally played episodes out of order due to the sorting and assumption that the bottom listing was the oldest episode.
aryndub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
PLargent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: FIOS Territory in Maryland
Posts: 12
How to flip between two live shows?

I am often trying to watch two live shows by switching between them. For example watching two football games simultaneously. The back button does not flip you back to the other game. The only way to make this happen is to double press the TiVo button or press the right ">" button. Then I read a few screens and make a few clicks to go from the one I am on to the other one on a different tuner.

I like to leave one paused when I watch the other so I can flip back to where I was. If I type in the cannel number then that tuner goes to the channel and the "live buffer" is erased.

Is there an easy way to switch back to the last tuner I was watching?
PLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
jrtroo
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,525
Hitting record will help avoid issues with dumping the live buffer...
__________________
TiVo Owner
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLargent View Post
I am often trying to watch two live shows by switching between them. For example watching two football games simultaneously. The back button does not flip you back to the other game. The only way to make this happen is to double press the TiVo button or press the right ">" button. Then I read a few screens and make a few clicks to go from the one I am on to the other one on a different tuner.

I like to leave one paused when I watch the other so I can flip back to where I was. If I type in the cannel number then that tuner goes to the channel and the "live buffer" is erased.

Is there an easy way to switch back to the last tuner I was watching?
Yes. "Enter" (bottom right key) will swap you back and forth between the last two channels tuned.
__________________
CrispyCritter
TiVo Roamio:Felix TiVo Premiere:Bob TiVo XL4:Fred TiVo HDXL:Sharon TiVoHD:Susan
CrispyCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |