TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #91
Dan203
Super Moderator

OK now I'm getting upset. I stupidly deleted all the guide data on my Roamio thinking the problem was with my new lineup that just came down this morning about 2:00am. Now with the servers down I can't refresh the guide data and I'm going to miss any recordings I have scheduled for tonight.

They've got about an hour and a half to get this back online before I have to leave. If they don't I'm screwed.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #92
DrSnoCaps

Same here. Did the usual reboots of everything, diagnostics all pass. C133 error persists.
DrSnoCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #93
ldconfig

This sucks
ldconfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #94
redbeard25

C133 tonight in Nashville

Can't connect
Premiere Elite

Former:
Premiere Elite LT + 1TB exp
TivoHD (upg to 1TB) LT
Stock TivoHD M2M
S2ST LT
S2DT 200GB
S2ST 200GB
Philips S1 (original 14hr version)
redbeard25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #95
DrSnoCaps

A system status with estimated uptime on Tivo.com sure would be helpful in circumstances like this.
DrSnoCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #96
ldconfig

Maybe if they turned off all the logging/spyware el toro poo poo this might not happen. Just sayin'
ldconfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #97
brentil

Same issue in Orlando, FL. Network diags all show good and I can connect/download from TiVo but still shows as service being in C133 state.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #98
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcasa View Post
The frustrating part is that it appears to render my two minis useless for watching recorded programs.
Crap if this affects the Mini my wife is going to be p*ssed when she gets home. I recently replaced an old SD only distribution system with a Mini for her treadmill TV. She exercises every day when she gets home around 5:30pm. If the Mini doesn't work I'm going to get all the blame for it.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #99
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

C133 here again too. Sucks. That's the 2nd day this week.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #100
aristoBrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Crap if this affects the Mini my wife is going to be p*ssed when she gets home. I recently replaced an old SD only distribution system with a Mini for her treadmill TV. She exercises every day when she gets home around 5:30pm. If the Mini doesn't work I'm going to get all the blame for it.
Knock on wood, but the minis in my house are all working OK now. Hopefully the same for your wife!
Series 3 OLED (x2)
DirecTiVo (x3)
Series 1
aristoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #101
KevinG

Same here. C133.

But my Mini is able to play recorded programs on my Roamio without an issue.

Glad I'm in my 30 day trial period...And my S3 hasn't sold yet! Years and years without a single issue on that box. Might be worth keeping.
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #102
rainwater

TiVo should really have some type of service status page or at least provide timely updates when they have service outages. As of now they haven't even acknowledged the problem publicly.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #103
bogart

What functions does a C133 error affect?

Roamio Pro
Mini X2
bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #104
pautler

I've been seeing this thread for a while but wasn't following it too closely since I had never seen a C133 error on my Roamio.... but tonight it seems that I am in the same club with everyone else. As many others have said, I'm confident that it's not a problem on my end.

The C133 connectivity problem wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cripple so many functions that should be able to work just fine without the unit being able to 'phone home' to the TiVo mother ship.

Hopefully the TiVo folks will get this issue figured out relatively soon.

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #105
jrboddie

Back online for me at 8:05 pm. Eastern.
jrboddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #106
almighty
Lost in the sticks..

Not to pile on, but I've had C133 here since I got home today.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #107
jimmypowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pautler View Post
I've been seeing this thread for a while but wasn't following it too closely since I had never seen a C133 error on my Roamio.... but tonight it seems that I am in the same club with everyone else. As many others have said, I'm confident that it's not a problem on my end. The C133 connectivity problem wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cripple so many functions that should be able to work just fine without the unit being able to 'phone home' to the TiVo mother ship. Hopefully the TiVo folks will get this issue figured out relatively soon. -Joe
What did Zuckerburg say in the movie "Social Network " Facebook must never go down . Why ? Because it's critical to the survival of the business .

I purchases a Roamio Plus about two months ago and I have seen this C133 message about twice weekly . In other words about 16 times in two months .

For a service that requires server connectivity , Tivo is letting its customer base down
jimmypowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #108
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Hopefully this will provoke some redesign to remove needless dependencies on remote servers. (And, to separate dependencies on different servers -- e.g., there's no logical reason for my Reversi to be inaccessible right now, but it is. At least I can still reach other LAN servers and TiVos.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #109
bananaman

Down here in San Francisco too.

Also the tivo.com guide-related services have been incredibly slow for a few days now. My Season Passes on tivo.com no longer match those on the actual TiVo's!

Yikes!
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #110
donsullivan

Add me to the list of folks having the same problem in Orlando, FL on 2 Roamio Basic. It's happening right now despite all connectivity working fine. In my case this is the second time in the last week that it's happened.
donsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #111
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
What functions does a C133 error affect?
Search is disabled, unable to run any apps (Netflix, etc), unable to edit/create season passes, unable to cancel recordings from My Shows (I have no clue why), unable to use the TiVo app (thus TiVo Stream), What to Watch Now disabled, etc.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #112
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboddie View Post
Not here. Latest connection attempt failed and it is still showing the C133 message on all 3 of my TiVos.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #113
ignitor87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
I tend to believe her as well. At least that is where the evidence available to me is pointing. The problem is that the official line I get from Tivo support is that it is NOT the servers, and that leads me to believe that Tivo is NOT looking into it.

A little transparency here would go a LONG way. I'll sit back and wait a while if I know Tivo is aware of the issue and is trying to correct it. But all evidence I have so far says they are NOT. They are blaming my network 100% and totally ignoring the possibility that it is on their end.
I couldn't agree more. You have to be proactive in situations like this. I understand that a C133 error could be an issue on the customers end. However, when multiple people are reporting the same error at around the same time, you have to take a look at your infrastructure and communicate any infrastructure issues to your front line support teams so they aren't wasting time troubleshooting C133 errors when there is a known issue. The amount of time wasted on both ends is absolutely ridiculous. Put a flippin banner up when customers go to login or even a automated message advising that there is an issue when customers call in.

I run a network operations department for financial institutions and I still find it hard to believe how many C133 errors I have come across on my Tivo box. With today's technology and data center redundancy, Tivo is either behind in their infrastructure, or this is a Q&A process issue when updating servers.

Quote:
Routers that do NAT routing have to keep tables of active connections so they can figure out what goes where. It is quite common for router software to have bugs (Gasp!) that get it confused with lots of connections causing memory leaks and wot-not. That could easily explain rebooting the router fixing things. You could check and see if the router has newer firmware available (but sometimes trying to update firmware just makes things worse
All routers NAT otherwise it's simply a switch. If you have that many active connections that your NAT table gets overloaded then you will have issues with all other devices on your network.

My Troubleshooting Steps;

Can everything else connect? If yes go to Tivocommunity.com and see if the first post is related to c133. If there is, don't waste your time with support and wait for Tivo to fix their system.

If No,

Go to network Diagnostics ( Settings > Network > Network Diagnostics)

Verify that TCP/DNS Tests Succeeded. Select Test Internet Connection Verify the test passed.

If the above fails;

Disconnect your modem and router.

Reconnect your modem and wait until it's offline. Once the modem is online connect your router. Run the tests again. If this still fails and you verified your internet connection is indeed active reboot your Tivo and run the tests again. If this continues to fail verify layer 1 (cabling). I realize this should be checked first but in home network not much changes constantly like in a datacenter. You will probably know if you moved your router and disconnected cables (or someone should know). ;-)

*side note* I hate rebooting my Tivo, waiting for it to load seems like an eternity. .
ignitor87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #114
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboddie View Post
Mine showed connected for a minute, but when I forced call I got a "connection interrupted" error.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #115
ustavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
Not here. Latest connection attempt failed and it is still showing the C133 message on all 3 of my TiVos.
Yeah. It was up for a few moments. Seemed snappy and fast. Then it went back down.
ustavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #116
weedwhacker2

Still down here 8:33ET

This sucks!!
weedwhacker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #117
jimmypowder

What is the deal with Tivo servers ? This never used to happen . I've owned Tivo's for years and these error messages have been frequent for months .
jimmypowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #118
Sevrin grey

Same error message here in the south suburbs of chicago.
Sevrin grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #119
lttu-1212

C133 error coincidence?

Healthcare.gov starts working well
and
Tivo stops working well

Coincidence
(play spooky music ... ooooo.eeeee.ooooo)
lttu-1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #120
hybucket

8:47 in Boston. Still down. Service problem msg on TiVo phone system. Loooong wait to speak to CSR.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote