TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #61
jrboddie

I noticed the service problem about 3 pm EST today. Still out as of 4:45 pm. Just restarted TiVo. No change.
jrboddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #62
Jackamus

TC CLUB MEMBER
Nice to see that I am not the only one today.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #63
treaty

confirmed

Not the only one - that makes 2 of us

(Seeing this for the first time on my Premiere 4 right now too)
treaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #64
employee3

Got this today as well. I'm still evaluating the Roamio for my needs between this and a roku/aereo solution. I was leaning towards the Tivo (and minis) but this kind of thing isn't going to pass the WAF.

Really a foul that it keeps me from using Netflix and Hulu.

Last edited by employee3 : 12-03-2013 at 04:02 PM.
employee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #65
Itproman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
If you see a C133 message, it is a temporary issue with the TiVo Service. There is no need to reboot or change anything about your setup. It will resolve on its own.
Thankyou for posting this,because I am a new Tivo Rookie and saw this for the first time,today.

I did a websearch and noticed some other,older posts,here where people experienced this,left it and alone and it eventuallyresolved itself.
Tivo Premiere model #746320

Last edited by Itproman : 12-03-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Itproman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #66
BP-isMe

Guided Setup is failing too

FWIW

I'm getting N17 and N18 errors during Guided Setup of my new Roamio Basic. It makes it thru varying steps of the initial connection then fails.

Looks like the same kind of TiVo server problem that causes the C133 error on previously setup Roamios.

Brad
BP-isMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #67
kbmb

Ugggh.....yet again another day another C133 Tivo outage.

Hey TivoMargaret....what's going on?

Can't imagine anyone worse at internet services than Apple....but Tivo is coming in a close second!!

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #68
mbernste

Angry

I'm getting this as well. At first it was the C133 now it fails at "could not get account status." I never had these issues with my Series 3. This is totally ridiculous.
mbernste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #69
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Attn: TiVoMargret

I have three ROAMIOS that I was going to activate today.

I'm re-thinking the situation, since TiVo doesn't reimburse customers for loss of TiVo service, even when the internet works fine all the way to TiVo's front door.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #70
hybucket

As stated earlier, it's usually no biggie, but the biggie is having to stay on the phone with a CSR who hasn't a clue that it is THEIR problem, not ours. Now, it appears they have a recorded msg before the phone menu saying it is their problem. Last time it happened to me, they did not. It has never lasted more than a few hours for me.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #71
BP-isMe

TiVo Chat

I just did a TiVo support chat. He agreed that this sounds like the C133 issue, it is on their end and they are working hard to fix it.

At least he did not argue...

He also told me that I would be a priority fix and I would be getting an offer to buy some prime real estate on a bridge over the east river. So it looks like I won this one!

Brad
BP-isMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #72
Dan203
Super Moderator

Well this sucks! I just got a new lineup last night and was having trouble with it so I did a clear all guide data and now the service is down and it can't connect to repopulate it. So if this doesn't get fixed soon I'm going to miss a bunch of recordings tonight.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #73
pgoelz

Just another data point. Here in Detroit, noticed the dreaded C133 at about 5:45PM EST (December 3rd). Rebooted the modem and the router.... no change. Good speed tests to Seattle. Good traceroute. I have a static IP and am using public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. That's all I can think of short of rebooting the Tivo. I don't want to corrupt recordings and it doesn't seem to fix it anyway.

But hey, if they are acknowledging the issue, I'm happy to sit back and wait for a solution. For a while.

Paul
pgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #74
jimmypowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP-isMe View Post
I just did a TiVo support chat. He agreed that this sounds like the C133 issue, it is on their end and they are working hard to fix it. At least he did not argue... Brad
Just how many times is this gonna happen ??? I paid a fortune for a Roamio plus and lifetime service and I have had this message maybe once weekly since I have owned it .

This is complete nonsense and if it continues I may return the Roamio .
jimmypowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #75
Haywood

Been getting this all day.
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #76
grey ghost

Yep, another C133 error here.
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #77
jimmypowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
Yep, another C133 error here.
What concerns me about Tivo is it has become more unreliable .

I never used to have these errors but now they seem to pop up every week .

For a service that relies on stable servers , Tivo is failing its customer base .
jimmypowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #78
Seeg

C133 for me. I'll just wait it out instead of threatening the poor TiVo people. **it happens.
Seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #79
netscott

Bad Timing

I was in the middle of loading my season passes from my kmttg back-up on a new 2tb hard drive. Screen went black. Rebooted but no Tivo service. Put the original HD back in and still had the Tivo server error. Thought I bricked my Roamio. Chatted with CS, had me do all the usual network stuff. I let him know I could see my box on my PC with Tivo desktop and could get pandora. The bells must have gone off around that time. He replied that there is a problem and should have it fixed in the next 24 hours. Talk about code brown.
netscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #80
generaltso

Why do you suppose you can't use the iOS app to connect to, control, or stream from the TIVo over your local network when the TiVo servers are down? That's really annoying.
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #81
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Why do you suppose you can't use the iOS app to connect to, control, or stream from the TIVo over your local network when the TiVo servers are down? That's really annoying.
Who knows....add it to not being able to edit season passes or delete scheduled recordings.

Amazing how unreliable Tivo is becoming.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #82
saharasurfer

In CT, getting C133 on and off for the past few hours. ... Rather, stuck on c133 almost continuously with the occasional and momentary connectivity. Rebooted everything but no change. No Romios here. A TiVo Premiere and a series 3 Hd. Neither can see the netflix app and the premiere also lacks the comcast on demand app while this goes on.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #83
netscott

Yea but you can get paper towels cheap!
netscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #84
saharasurfer

I had no idea that the premiere tied up the ToDo management when there's no access to the service. Seems like very poor or very heavy handed architecture, or both. What else is locked up with this?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #85
Wpfma

In Mass. Too!

Just tried to open ipad app and could not connect. Went to roamio and saw the C133 error.
Wpfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #86
hooper

I also had the old box stops responding to remote problem crop up. It queued up all my remote commands for about 5 minutes. Assuming it is related to the service error condition. Haven't seen this issue in a LONG time
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #87
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

Add me to the list. At least I am not like poor Dan. BTW chat times are through the roof. Must be a bunch of people trying to chat on this issue.

(1) Elite
(3) Premieres
(1) HD
(1) Mini
I run
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
larrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #88

Same situation here. Really burns me up that I can't access Netflix, iPad app, etc... But the ads still show up on my Roamio... Can serve ads but not services we pay for?!
Avatar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #89
Robcasa

I have had my roamio for a couple of weeks and have had this issue several times. The frustrating part is that it appears to render my two minis useless for watching recorded programs. You would think at that point it would all be internal to my network but after speaking with tech support they stated that the server issue would prevent my minis from getting my recorded programs.
Robcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #90
emerz

Looks like me too. Just saw it today when I got home from work. No changes to my network (all other network peripherals are working) and my Roamio has been 100% working for the past 3 months.