TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #6091
mglutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
That's a good suggestion. Next release now has "DELETED" and "RECORDED" columns showing respective dates for each instead of the current "DATE" column which shows the recorded date.
Thank you. Have you thought about adding a tab that combines all the TiVo Now playing lists into a single list with an additional column for which Tivo it's on? I sometimes bounce between tabs looking for a recording
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #6092
Joe Siegler

I know the Roamio software, and the HD menus in the Premiere showed a percentage meter. Any chance we could see that on kmttg when doing a refresh of programs on a particular TiVo? It's not important, but it'd be nice to know.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #6093
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
I know the Roamio software, and the HD menus in the Premiere showed a percentage meter. Any chance we could see that on kmttg when doing a refresh of programs on a particular TiVo? It's not important, but it'd be nice to know.
click on disk usage button on TiVo tab or Remote--Info tab.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #6094
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglutz View Post
Thank you. Have you thought about adding a tab that combines all the TiVo Now playing lists into a single list with an additional column for which Tivo it's on? I sometimes bounce between tabs looking for a recording
Asked about before, but no that would require fundamental changes to current code.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #6095
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I just started using kmttg. Great program, I appreciate the efforts.

Everything seems to be intact, except under the Remote tab. I assume my Tivos are supposed to show up in the drop down part of that menu?
Right now, there is nothing in that drop down and I see no way of adding anything.

Thanks.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #6096
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
I just started using kmttg. Great program, I appreciate the efforts.

Everything seems to be intact, except under the Remote tab. I assume my Tivos are supposed to show up in the drop down part of that menu?
Right now, there is nothing in that drop down and I see no way of adding anything.

Thanks.
Restart kmttg. If you only have series 2 TiVos you won't see them.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #6097
NashvilleKit

I am brand new to this. I use TTG to download files all the time. In the past -- over a year ago -- I used DSD to convert these .Tivo files to .mpg. Now DSD has died on me; it gives me some weird error concerning .NET security issues. I have given up. I downloaded the kmttg program and the Java RE. And I have configured my file folders, etc. With the GUI open, I select only "decrypt" and Add one .Tivo file previously dl'd with TTG. I get an .mpg file with a length of less than 1KB. and a string of what is to me at least unintelligible error messages. I have no earthly idea how to proceed. Here's the error mesage:
>> DECRYPTING C:\!Videos\TiVo\Hostages S1E06 Oct 28.TiVo ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v1p0j\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "C:\!Videos\TiVo\Out\Hostages S1E06 Oct 28.mpg" "C:\!Videos\TiVo\Hostages S1E06 Oct 28.TiVo" tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v1p0j\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "C:\!Videos\TiVo\Out\Hostages S1E06 Oct 28.mpg" "C:\!Videos\TiVo\Hostages S1E06 Oct 28.TiVo" TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error Encryption by QUALCOMM

NashvilleKit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #6098
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleKit View Post
I am brand new to this. I use TTG to download files all the time. In the past -- over a year ago -- I used DSD to convert these .Tivo files to .mpg. Now DSD has died on me; it gives me some weird error concerning .NET security issues. I have given up. I downloaded the kmttg program and the Java RE. And I have configured my file folders, etc. With the GUI open, I select only "decrypt" and Add one .Tivo file previously dl'd with TTG. I get an .mpg file with a length of less than 1KB. and a string of what is to me at least unintelligible error messages. I have no earthly idea how to proceed. Here's the error mesage:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v1p0j\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "C:\!Videos\TiVo\Out\Hostages S1E06 Oct 28.mpg" "C:\!Videos\TiVo\Hostages S1E06 Oct 28.TiVo" tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v1p0j\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "C:\!Videos\TiVo\Out\Hostages S1E06 Oct 28.mpg" "C:\!Videos\TiVo\Hostages S1E06 Oct 28.TiVo" TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
You must have downloaded that file in TS .TiVo format (fast transfers) which tivodecode doesn't support. Re-download using kmttg instead. If no longer available then transfer back to TiVo so you can re-download.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #6099
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleKit View Post

Make sure TS downloads is not checked.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg kmttgts.jpg (54.6 KB, 164 views)

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #6100
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Make sure TS downloads is not checked.
Completely irrelevant unless he decides to pull* them back to the TiVo and redo the transfer in PS format. These are files he's already transferred with TD, not ones he is about to transfer with kmttg.

* They must be pulled. Pushing them would create copy protected recordings that could not then be transferred back.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #6101
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I have noticed a quirk using v1p0j. When I had "Remove Ad Detect files" checked and after doing adcut, the associated .vprj file was removed (normal), but along with that, the metadata file, .mpg.txt was also removed.
The VPrj I had was .mpg.VPrj, the resulting file was .mpg_cut.mpg.

~~~~~

Old 11-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #6102
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Here's a few suggestions to add in to KMTTG:

Add F5 for refreshing NPLs.
Add .VPrj extension to the ADD files open window section.

~~~~~

Old 11-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #6103
chicagobrownblue

I successfully downloaded an episode of "The Big Bang Theory" using kmttg - clever program thanks. Lost in a commercial skip area is about 10 seconds at the end of the program followed by more commercials and another episode. When I use comskip review, it takes a minute or two to advance one frame. When I left click into the black area, it takes 2-3+ minutes to get the red line to the new position. Am I doing something wrong? Can I edit a file to start guessing at where the missing program end is?

Quad core i7 (12-13% CPU utilization when comskip is not responding), 3 GB of memory less than 50% in use, Windows 7. Thanks.
RCN Signature HD but no premium channels
Panasonic TC-42PX14 42" 720p plasma HDTV
Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray Player Refurb $59
chicagobrownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #6104
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Restart kmttg. If you only have series 2 TiVos you won't see them.
I have one S2 and two Tivo HDs.

How do I "restart" kmttg? I don't leave it running, I start it up when I need it.
Do I need to kill something in Task Manager?

F*CK CANCER!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #6105
christheman

A thought and a request

Hi, I just wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone and Happy Holidays to all this season.

moyekj, KMTTG has been working well for me. There is one thing though that I wanted to mention. I use Control-C rather heavily from within KMTTG to copy movie descriptions over to a text field in another program. Occasionally I accidentally hit Control-X, which exits KMTTG. Would there be any way for the KMTTG user to circumvent or disable this?

Thanks
Chris
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #6106
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
I have one S2 and two Tivo HDs.

How do I "restart" kmttg? I don't leave it running, I start it up when I need it.
Do I need to kill something in Task Manager?
See the remote_control Wiki. For series 3 units you need to supply your tivo.com login + password in order to gain limited Remote functionality. Full Remote capability is only for series 4 or later units.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #6107
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I have noticed a quirk using v1p0j. When I had "Remove Ad Detect files" checked and after doing adcut, the associated .vprj file was removed (normal), but along with that, the metadata file, .mpg.txt was also removed.
The VPrj I had was .mpg.VPrj, the resulting file was .mpg_cut.mpg.
Deletion of metadata file is expected since in normal kmttg flow there should be _cut.mpg.txt metadata file. The .mpg.VPrj file naming seems strange and I don't think came from kmttg flow. Don't know exactly what you are doing but doesn't appear to be entire kmttg based flow.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #6108
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobrownblue View Post
I successfully downloaded an episode of "The Big Bang Theory" using kmttg - clever program thanks. Lost in a commercial skip area is about 10 seconds at the end of the program followed by more commercials and another episode. When I use comskip review, it takes a minute or two to advance one frame. When I left click into the black area, it takes 2-3+ minutes to get the red line to the new position. Am I doing something wrong? Can I edit a file to start guessing at where the missing program end is?

Quad core i7 (12-13% CPU utilization when comskip is not responding), 3 GB of memory less than 50% in use, Windows 7. Thanks.
Before using comskip did you run the .mpg through QS Fix step?

Old 11-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #6109
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Deletion of metadata file is expected since in normal kmttg flow there should be _cut.mpg.txt metadata file. The .mpg.VPrj file naming seems strange and I don't think came from kmttg flow. Don't know exactly what you are doing but doesn't appear to be entire kmttg based flow.
I use the .mpg.VPrj name scheme for ease of naming after I had done the VRD cutting process and then use the .mpg.txt filename since I have long filenaming schemes. I let KMTTG do the actual adcut and don't have to wait for VRD to do it when done one by one. The resulting file after adcut was .mpg_cut.mpg. I would then just delete the end after the first .mpg.

~~~~~

Old 11-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #6110
chicagobrownblue

Quote:
Before using comskip did you run the .mpg through QS Fix step?
I think I did but I deleted all the files and started from scratch running the QSFix step for sure. Getting the same behavior again. It might be a little faster but I am eating dinner and checking the program so maybe not. Thanks.

kmttg v1p0j

and

"You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 45)"
Old 11-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #6111
moyekj

Quote:
I think I did but I deleted all the files and started from scratch running the QSFix step for sure. Getting the same behavior again. It might be a little faster but I am eating dinner and checking the program so maybe not. Thanks.

kmttg v1p0j

and

"You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 45)"
Perhaps try a different version of comskip which from this thread seemed to have helped somebody else having issues with it:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=506062

Old 12-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #6112
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
See the remote_control Wiki. For series 3 units you need to supply your tivo.com login + password in order to gain limited Remote functionality. Full Remote capability is only for series 4 or later units.
I just now saw another post about this elsewhere and came to report that I got it working.
I figured it had to be something easy...

Thanks again.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 12-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #6113
chicagobrownblue

Quote:
Perhaps try a different version of comskip which from this thread seemed to have helped somebody else having issues with it:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=506062
Thanks. I finally found the 10 second spot in Big Bang Theory and cleared out most of the surrounding commercials. When I started on a SNL episode, the red line moved immediately to the new spot on my first click and then things slowed to a crawl. I am only archiving 4 shows so this works well for me.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #6114
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Hey guys, just discovered kmttg with my Sling 350. Works great. However under video resolutions I have 1920x1080 or 640x480. Is there anyway to add 1280x720? Thanks!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #6115
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Hey guys, just discovered kmttg with my Sling 350. Works great. However under video resolutions I have 1920x1080 or 640x480. Is there anyway to add 1280x720? Thanks!
Nope. I was unable to find that capture resolution for the 350 using the Perl script.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #6116
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Nope. I was unable to find that capture resolution for the 350 using the Perl script.
Darn, do you know of a good way to re-encode into 720p?

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #6117
SoldierOfFortran

This is a great application, thank you for your work on it.

I am experiencing an excessive number of read timeouts while downloading from the device. It occurs with both the java downloader and with curl.

This manifests itself as the download 'stalling' partially into a transfer. Things will be ticking along at 90Mb/sec, then simply stop. Eventually it times out and retries. Sometimes the retry will work, but sometimes it will stall again.
The size of the item doesn't seem to predict if it will stall. Larger items are harder to get downloaded, as they seemingly have more opportunity to stall. Large files (12GB+) I cannot download successfully.

This weekend I will acquire a wireshark capture. Any tips on things to try, or things to look for?

I have a roamio plus, OSX 10.8, JDK 1.6.0_65. The computer and tivo are on the same 1000Mbit switch.

Code:
htt p://10.0.1.4:80/download/---.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=4771: Read timed out
/TiVo/dotTiVo/---.TiVo: size=1741.45 MB elapsed=0:07:53 (30.88 Mbps)
Download failed to file: /TiVo/dotTiVo/---.TiVo

SoldierOfFortran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #6118
chicagobrownblue

I downloaded the O p r a h W i n f r e y 24-th season opener from my TiVo Premiere. I did run QSFix. The resulting mpg file has a few seconds of commercial with audio and video before the show starts. The show starts with both audio and video. The audio is some mechanically produced low tones. Then the audio drops out completely for the rest of the show, including commercials. The show plays with both video and audio on my TiVo. Is there a log file to possibly debug what is going wrong? Thanks.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #6119
moyekj

Quote:
I downloaded the O p r a h W i n f r e y 24-th season opener from my TiVo Premiere. I did run QSFix. The resulting mpg file has a few seconds of commercial with audio and video before the show starts. The show starts with both audio and video. The audio is some mechanically produced low tones. Then the audio drops out completely for the rest of the show, including commercials. The show plays with both video and audio on my TiVo. Is there a log file to possibly debug what is going wrong? Thanks.
Is your QS Fix step using ProjectX or VideoRedo?

Old 12-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #6120
chicagobrownblue

Quote:
Is your QS Fix step using ProjectX or VideoRedo?
Projectx. Thanks.