TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #181
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Activate the SPSPS workaround then.
I know it makes the progress bar disappear quickly, but which is worse?
You have to pick your poison.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #182
ffsteve61

If the TiVo service was free than I wouldn't mind the ads. I pay 20 bucks a month to TiVo,I shouldn't have ads for Carbonite shoved in my face!
ffsteve61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #183
bogart

I'm in the habit of pressing the right arrow immediately after pause when I want to look at the paused screen free of clutter. It clears the screen, and being adjacent to the pause button, is much easier to press than "clear."

Edit--Actually, it seems to advance the freeze very slightly and clear.

Roamio Pro
Mini X2

Last edited by bogart : 11-21-2013 at 11:16 PM.
bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #184
mattack

I hate ads too (a major reason I got a Tivo was to avoid ads, just like I was doing on VCRs for a long time before that).. But I do think people overreact to this.

You buy the newspaper, there are ads. You buy magazines, there are ads. You pay for cable, there are ads. Would I prefer, and in some cases, pay more for no ads? Yes.

But the paradigm of "pay but you still get ads" happened long before Tivo.. and Tivo's ads are _almost_ as unobtrusive as they can be _while still being shoved in your face_.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #185
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

One more Tivo user here that finds the ads to be rude - It's like getting spam and there is no junk filter to get rid of it. There should at least be an option to turn OFF these things.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #186
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by igirl View Post
One more Tivo user here that finds the ads to be rude - It's like getting spam and there is no junk filter to get rid of it. There should at least be an option to turn OFF these things.
Just a reminder that once you "down arrow" to get rid of the ad it won't come back for the rest of the recording, so you really only have to select "Pause, Down Arrown" ONCE and they are gone until the next program. Not that I don't think the new larger "BOUNTY" Ads aren't ridiculous looking. It actually makes me want to NOT buy Bounty… Still, it's only one button press per show to get rid of it, so I live with it.

I used to use a backdoor code that would remove the Ads immediately, but I've forgotten the sequence now (Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select). That was a pretty decent work around too. It would basically instantly "Clear" the Ad (and everything else) as soon as you paused. Not sure if that still works on the newer models though…

Last edited by bareyb : 11-28-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Fixed Code Sequence
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #187
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

Just a reminder that once you "down arrow" to get rid of the ad it won't come back for the rest of the recording, so you really only have to select "Pause, Down Arrown" ONCE and they are gone until the next program. Not that I don't think the new larger "BOUNTY" Ads aren't ridiculous looking. It actually makes me want to NOT buy Bounty... Still, it's only one button press per show to get rid of it, so I live with it.

I used to use a backdoor code that would remove the Ads immediately, but I've forgotten the sequence now (Select-Play-Pause-Select?). That was a pretty decent work around too. It would basically instantly "Clear" the Ad (and everything else) as soon as you paused. Not sure if that still works on the newer models though...
Works on my Premiere, I recently enabled it.

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #188
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
Works on my Premiere, I recently enabled it.
Ah. Thanks. I've been meaning to turn it back on.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #189
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
I used to use a backdoor code that would remove the Ads immediately, but I've forgotten the sequence now (Select-Play-Pause-Select?)
Quote:
Ah. Thanks. I've been meaning to turn it back on.
Just a reminder for when you do... it's

Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #190
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Just a reminder for when you do... it's

Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select.

I'll update my post. Thanks.