TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Itproman

Question Fix Tivo.com/activate

When is Tivo going to ever fix this link?

I bought a used Tivo off of Ebay last May and tried to activate it at that time and the link didn't work.

This was verified by a senior forum member and,yet,a csr on live chat wasn't aware of any issues.Not a good way to do business.

Today,I thought I'd try it again(since I'm planning to do away with my sat service soon) and it STILL doesn't work!

How about getting this web service fixed!?

Last edited by Itproman : 11-24-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: date correction
Itproman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Coffee

Tivo.com page has been wonky for some time. A number of support links on their page direct you to an "OOPS You must be lost" page.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itproman View Post
When is Tivo going to ever fix this link?

I bought a used Tivo off of Ebay last May and tried to activate it at that time and the link didn't work.

This was verified by a senior forum member and,yet,a csr on live chat wasn't aware of any issues.Not a good way to do business.

Today,I thought I'd try it again(since I'm planning to do away with my sat service soon) and it STILL doesn't work!

How about getting this web service fixed!?
Does it boot at all? maybe it has liftime is it even transfered to your name?
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Itproman

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
Does it boot at all? maybe it has liftime is it even transfered to your name?
It works fine.

If it was transferred to my name,I wouldn't be trying to activate it,would I?

Old 11-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itproman View Post
It works fine.

If it was transferred to my name,I wouldn't be trying to activate it,would I?
I bought 2 premieres from an Amazon that were already activated on a different account and couldn't associate a service plan under my tivo.com email until it was transfered to my name.

Is this your only Tivo? What does the account info when viewed via tivo say?

Last edited by ajwees41 : 11-28-2013 at 01:34 AM.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
Itproman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
I bought 2 premieres from an Amazon that were already activated on a different account and could associate a service plan f/account.r it under my tivo.com email until it was transfered to my name.

Is this your only Tivo? What does the account info when viewed via tivo say?
Yes,it's my only Tivo.

It just said "Tivo account closed..."

Anyway,I phoned up and got it activated and forced it manually to connect to Tivo and update,so she's live and loaded!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
dhoward

I have a question. I purchase a Roamio, from Tivo, without the activation to replace a Premiere. Tivo CS said when it came to call in and they would switch my service plan from the Premier to the Roamio. This allowed my wife to continue to use her Tivo until the Roamio arrived. Can I run guided setup without the activation so I can be sure I have a functional Tivo? It used to be one could use a new Tivo for 3 days before needing activation. Is this still true or is it not functional at all until I call Tivo?
dhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
dhoward

Well, I called Tivo and got my answer. Until it is activated it is a brick. So we started the process to transfer the service and they got some sort of an error. Now the box is in limbo until it is resolved which might not be until after the weekend. I was going to move the CC and begin the guided setup but Tivo said not to as it will not work and then my old Tivo would have to be re-paired to get the premium channels. So I have a new box that cannot be used for who knows how long.

I thought back before CC a new box had a grace period before activation. This was to see if you liked it before starting a service plan. I guess they changed that.
dhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoward View Post
I thought back before CC a new box had a grace period before activation. This was to see if you liked it before starting a service plan. I guess they changed that.
No, TiVo still has a 7 day evaluation period, but there was a problem when the Roamios first came out and the evaluation period was not working.
You might follow the suggestions in the following...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...96#post9809096

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote