Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #31
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Whether you watch in a dark room or a bright room can make a lot of difference in perceiving shades of gray and black levels on your display.
If you've never adjusted the brightness from the settings Costco set for store viewing, you could probably see it bright enough
Old 11-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #32
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
I watched on my 58" Samsung Plasma.
Mine is 7 inches bigger than yours

So who did Uncle Junior (the elderly lawyer) say hired the Pinkertons? was it him? he said something along the lines of "I owed Louis something". Is Louis the Commodore? and he did it to punish her for turning his house into a whorehouse?

it not, what?
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #33
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post

So who did Uncle Junior (the elderly lawyer) say hired the Pinkertons? was it him? he said something along the lines of "I owed Louis something". Is Louis the Commodore? and he did it to punish her for turning his house into a whorehouse?

it not, what?
Mine fits the opening perfectly!

That's a good question about why he hired them (I'm sure it was him... otherwise why would he have been there for that scene). I think it really comes down to his "old boys network allegiance". Not so much punishment for the whorehouse as trying to keep things in the control of men (or even boys).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #34
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post

it not, what?
Yes Louis is the Commodore, and IIRC Gillian suffocated him in his bed (not that she wasn't justified in doing so!), so between that and also killing the Commodore's son I suspect he felt that there was some payback due)
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #35
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
Yes Louis is the Commodore, and IIRC Gillian suffocated him in his bed (not that she wasn't justified in doing so!), so between that and also killing the Commodore's son I suspect he felt that there was some payback due)
so he did it for his friend...good enough...

however, she slapped the crap out of him in bed (when he was still sick from the stroke) but did not kill him. Jimmy killed him in the living room (at her urging, but still...).

Also, she did not kill Jimmy...Nukky did that. And Uncle Junior knew she did not kill Jimmy and that the boy in the tub was someone else (he even hired the Pinkertons to prove it!).

So I agree with you that he did it for the Commodore. But the reasons you give were all wrong!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #36
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Yeah I misremembered who actually killed the Commodore, but as you say Gillian was behind it.

You and I knew that Nucky killed Jimmy, but I'm not sure that Uncle Junior knew that.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote