TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
Icarus

App stops downloading, can't seem to get it to resume

tivo ios app stops downloading, and I can't figure out how to get it to restart. This is when I'm on the home network, using the Roamio pro as the source, an ipad with the lastest version of ios 7.0.4, updated tivo app on it. The Roamio Pro has the current sw load on it.

I've tried pausing, restarting, it just sits there with 0 bytes it knows the size of the download, but never makes any progress. It will just sit there like that forever.

I've tried selecting a different download, which may work once or twice, but eventually that stops working also.

I've tried restarting the app, restarting the device, turning wifi on and off, and anything else I can think of.

The only thing that works is to restart the roamio pro.

This is ridiculous. I should just be able to queue up as many downloads as I can and let them run overnight without having to sit there and watch with a reasonable expectation that they will complete. What's the issue?

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
LI-SVT

I have the exact same problem with my Premier and Stream combo. For me rebooting the Stream gets it going again, for a while. I called TiVo support about this. The CSR said that they have had a number of calls for this problem.
LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Icarus

It was working fairly well for a while but died, so this time I was able to coerce it to resume by connecting to a different device (living room mini) waiting a couple of minutes and then reconnecting back to the roamio pro.

I have noticed that the transfer rates are pretty slow and seem to decrease over time. The roamio pro is in the same room as my ipad, the roamio pro wired through a gigabit switch to the router, the ipad mini connected via wireless N, right next to the router. Airport utility shows the ipad mini wireless speed as 270Mb/Sec.

-David
Old 11-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
moyekj

Perhaps try monitoring the temperature of the stream using its internal web page:
http://<StreamIP>:49152/sysinfo

For me transfers slow down as the temperature gets into the 60C + range. (Temp goes up by at least 20C when I use the internal Stream of my Roamio Pro).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Perhaps try monitoring the temperature of the stream using its internal web page:
http://<StreamIP>:49152/sysinfo

For me transfers slow down as the temperature gets into the 60C + range. (Temp goes up by at least 20C when I use the internal Stream of my Roamio Pro).
Thanks.

figured out the ip address from arp -a and inspection. Is there an easier way?

You can restart the stream from there. Does it ask for a password or mak?

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 11-28-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:18 AM   #6
Icarus

I see what you mean, it's up to 62C now, but in the low 40s when idle.

-David