TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #6061
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Is your Mac running Intel or PPC hardware?
Intel. The tivodecode and such were all automatically downloaded and installed for me on first run. They are Intel. I just checked.

The OS is 10.5.8. Might the newest binaries require a newer OS? The older kmttg I replaced worked fine.

Would it screw things up to replace the newer tivodecode binary with the older? Nothing to lose by trying... Nope. No help. Got the same error with the older binary.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #6062
moyekj

You can run tivodecode on command line to test it. Just execute tivodecode without any arguments. If that doesn't run then obviously that's the problem. There's old binaries in this 2010 Mac tools package if you need old versions:
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/files/km...ools_v0p8l.zip
CORRECTION:
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/files/km...ools_v0p7j.zip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #6063
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
You can run tivodecode on command line to test it. Just execute tivodecode without any arguments. If that doesn't run then obviously that's the problem.
Running tivodecode in Terminal threw the same error. Swapping in the older binary works. I should probably go through all the tools downloaded automatically and manuall exec each one to see if it's going to be a problem.

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #6064
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
You could make a wrapper script for kmttg that sets umask and then starts kmttg.
I just created a Folder Action Script to chmod any files and folders added to the working directory. Problem solved.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #6065
mglutz

Hello, Can you add a column for date deleted to the Recently Deleted List? I know I can find it in the display data for the shows, but having it as a sort-able column in the table would help locate items.

Thanks
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #6066
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglutz View Post
Hello, Can you add a column for date deleted to the Recently Deleted List? I know I can find it in the display data for the shows, but having it as a sort-able column in the table would help locate items.

Thanks
That's a good suggestion. Next release now has "DELETED" and "RECORDED" columns showing respective dates for each instead of the current "DATE" column which shows the recorded date.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #6067
plamumba

I have just downloaded and am using the advanced search feature, which I like very much. For that matter, I think kmttg has made Tivo useful for me once again.

My question has to do with searching for an actor. If I select "actor" from the drop down list and then put in the first and last name of an actor, try as I might I seem to get every instance in which either the first or last name appears. I have tried using a + mark before each, putting the name in quotes, maybe a couple of other things, but nothing seems to work for me. I get the impression that the keyword field for actor accepts only one keyword, but that usually produces far too many hits to be helpful. I would appreciate any suggestions for using this more effectively.

(I am having difficulty finding whether anyone else has made a comment on this aspect of the advanced search feature that I would be repeating.)
plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #6068
pete.hodd

I have a series 3 TiVo, and have just installed kmttg on a windows 8.1 system. I have successfully got a list of recordings on my TiVo box, but I've tried transferring number of files from the TiVo box to the PC, they are incomplete. Here is a sample of log:

C:\Temp\Doctor Who (2013-11-17).TiVo: size=0.01 MB elapsed=0:01:26 (0.00 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=download output=C:\Temp\Doctor Who (2013-11-17).TiVo

Any help would be appreciated....

Thx, Peter
pete.hodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #6069
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by plamumba View Post
I have just downloaded and am using the advanced search feature, which I like very much. For that matter, I think kmttg has made Tivo useful for me once again.

My question has to do with searching for an actor. If I select "actor" from the drop down list and then put in the first and last name of an actor, try as I might I seem to get every instance in which either the first or last name appears. I have tried using a + mark before each, putting the name in quotes, maybe a couple of other things, but nothing seems to work for me. I get the impression that the keyword field for actor accepts only one keyword, but that usually produces far too many hits to be helpful. I would appreciate any suggestions for using this more effectively.

(I am having difficulty finding whether anyone else has made a comment on this aspect of the advanced search feature that I would be repeating.)
In current Search++ the "Other" field that contains actor, director, etc. is an auxiliary search item to further filter search results. In mindrpc lingo it's based on "creditKeyword" field in "offerSearch" type searches and the behavior is to OR together any keywords that you specify.

After some experimenting I did find a "credit" field that you can define with specific criteria to restrict to specific names of specific roles as part of "offerSearch". For example, a "credit" field defined as follows will search for role type = actor and actor name = clint eastwood:
Code:
{"last":"eastwood","first":"clint","role":"actor","type":"credit"}
i.e. There is a way to implement what you are looking for, but not in current kmttg implementation. I'll have to think about how to add type of thing you are looking for to Search++.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #6070
moyekj

I modified the behavior of role searches in Search++ to look for full name searches of specified role:

* You can specify 1 or more names in FirstName LastName syntax to match as part of the search. Example: clint eastwood
* Multiple names can be specified comma separated and signify logical OR operation. Example: clint eastwood, tommy jones

If you want to try it out, use kmttg.jar in following zip file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...it?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by plamumba View Post

Quote:
In current Search++ the "Other" field that contains actor, director, etc. is an auxiliary search item to further filter search results. In mindrpc lingo it's based on "creditKeyword" field in "offerSearch" type searches and the behavior is to OR together any keywords that you specify.

After some experimenting I did find a "credit" field that you can define with specific criteria to restrict to specific names of specific roles as part of "offerSearch". For example, a "credit" field defined as follows will search for role type = actor and actor name = clint eastwood:
Code:
{"last":"eastwood","first":"clint","role":"actor","type":"credit"}
i.e. There is a way to implement what you are looking for, but not in current kmttg implementation. I'll have to think about how to add type of thing you are looking for to Search++.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #6071
plamumba

Thank you for giving me some things to try; I appreciate your being so helpful.

I downloaded the jar file, renamed my old jar file and copied the new one to the kmttg directory. When I started kmttg, I got the following message:

RemoteInit - (IP=172.21.1.4, port=1413): java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints

I don't know that that error causes any problems though -- kmttg still seems to run. Looking at it though, it seems I no longer have the ++ search option, so I guess something did not run as expected. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I haven't yet tried your first suggestion. Thanks again for your help.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #6072
moyekj

Sounds like an old version. I confirmed the kmttg.jar in the zip file is good by downloading and using it myself. In kmttg title make sure it says: kmttg v1p0k_beta else somehow you have the wrong kmttg.jar. If you still have trouble put the old kmttg.jar back in place and make sure it runs normally then re-download and try the kmttg.jar replacement again.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #6073
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Metadata

I've been a long-time user of iTiVo. The older kmttg I had used and still had installed was limited and used only occasionally. Once I realized that it is still very much under development and that the current version was far beyond the version I had, I dumped iTiVo and made the switch to kmttg. Thanks so much for all your efforts in producing this handy utility.

The switch has, however, raised some questions for me.

I primarily just decrypt and create metadata files. Sometimes I cut commercials. Mostly not. But all recordings are eventually transferred back to TiVo for watching. (I like to collect all episodes of an old series, then watch them in original air date order.)

The metadata files created by kmttg have both "isEpisodic" and "isEpisode". The former is new to me (iTiVo didn't have it.) Is there a distinction? Or is "isEpisode" old school, included for backward compatibility, while "isEpisodic" is the newer version? Why both? What does each bring to the game?

I only made the switch to kmttg a couple of days ago and today I noted that when the "programId" datum is present, the episode title does not show in the NPL after it's been transferred back to TiVo using pyTiVo. In the list presented by pyTiVo, the title is there, but doesn't make it into the NPL program description. Are others seeing this?

Is there a way to control which metadata are included in the text file and their order? A template file specifying tokens for the various data that can be used, perhaps?
Old 11-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #6074
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

config.ini

The version of kmttg I used prior to the current version was old enough that it did not go out on the network and discover TiVos. That worked for me as I have nine TiVos and will be running multiple instances of kmttg on different Macs.

None of my Macs will be needing to download from all nine DVRs. Some are dedicated to one DVR. To go get the NPL data from eight other DVRs is a waste of time.

Once kmttg had gone out and discovered all my DVRs, I commented out, in config.ini, the ones I did not want checked by the kmttg for that Mac. I'd thought that the discovery was a one-time thing on first run. Unfortunately, no. My commented DVRs in config.ini were erased as were other comments I had regarding particular settings (a hold-over from the days when we maintained this file ourselves.)

Anyway, if config.ini is to be hands-off, maintained totally by the app, how about a check-box setting for each discovered DVR to specify whether or not to include it in the tab bar and download its NPL? I.e., keep a list of DVRs to exclude, hmmm?
Old 11-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #6075
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi View Post
<snip>I only made the switch to kmttg a couple of days ago and today I noted that when the "programId" datum is present, the episode title does not show in the NPL after it's been transferred back to TiVo using pyTiVo. In the list presented by pyTiVo, the title is there, but doesn't make it into the NPL program description. Are others seeing this?
What model TiVo? HDUI or SDUI? Do you have "ts=on" in the global setting for pyTiVo? Are you pulling them or pushing them? Do you have an example?

Edit: This probably belongs in the pyTivo thread.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #6076
moyekj

Quote:
Anyway, if config.ini is to be hands-off, maintained totally by the app, how about a check-box setting for each discovered DVR to specify whether or not to include it in the tab bar and download its NPL? I.e., keep a list of DVRs to exclude, hmmm?
In config->TiVos tab you can turn off TiVo discovery.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #6077
plamumba

You are right -- I don't know how I got an old version, but I seem to have (looking at it now, I think I must have saved it to a location I didn't really have in mind and then found an older jar file where I did expect to find it, and that one had a 5/25 date that I seemed to have ignored when I copied it). The one I put in after downloading it a second time works great -- it did just what I was looking for, pulling up only a couple of hits for a two name search. I'll reread your description to see if I think I am using the search field properly as I know you discussed how you were handling the field. BTW, do you take any donations to support your program? It is one of those programs that I find always useful, uncluttered and reliable. Thanks again for your help.

Quote:
Sounds like an old version. I confirmed the kmttg.jar in the zip file is good by downloading and using it myself. In kmttg title make sure it says: kmttg v1p0k_beta else somehow you have the wrong kmttg.jar. If you still have trouble put the old kmttg.jar back in place and make sure it runs normally then re-download and try the kmttg.jar replacement again.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #6078
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
What model TiVo? HDUI or SDUI? Do you have "ts=on" in the global setting for pyTiVo? Are you pulling them or pushing them? Do you have an example?

Edit: This probably belongs in the pyTivo thread.
I hadn't had ts=on but I do now and the programId datum no longer causes the title to not show in the NPL of the THD that's pulling it from pyTiVo on my Mac.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #6079
lpwcomp

Quote:
I hadn't had ts=on but I do now and the programId datum no longer causes the title to not show in the NPL of the THD that's pulling it from pyTiVo on my Mac.

Thanks.
I'm almost certain something else is going on since:

a. "ts=on" should have no effect on a THD.

b. neither should the presence or absence of programId. In terms of information that gets displayed, AFAICT the programId is only used in the HDUI, which is not available on the THD.

Do you have an example? Although as I said, you might want to pursue this in the pyTivo thread.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #6080
lpwcomp

Has "Show pending pyTivo pushes File menu item" been removed?

Old 11-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #6081
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Has "Show pending pyTivo pushes File menu item" been removed?
Yup, something changed with TiVo servers and it wasn't working, so I removed it.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #6082
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
What to make of this?
Code:
tivodecode failed (exit code: 133 ) - check command: /Applications/kmttg/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Users/Marconi/screatch/Days of our Lives .mpg" "/Users/Marconi/scratch/Days of our Lives .TiVo" 
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Brand new installation.
This was remedied by updating OS X from 10.5.8 to 10.6.8.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #6083
tsool

Broken Download issue

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct way to post issues with kmttg. I have been looking on sourceforge and this was the link provided.

Well... for the first time in weeks I have an issue downloading a show from my tivo Premiere XL4.

The download basically stops after 877 Megs. I can use tivo stream to watch the show just fine.

All other shows recorded before and after that show worked fine.

I tried using resume download, but that seems to be unavailable on the Premiere. Is there a way to tell kmttg (or an other web request) that it should start downloading the mpeg from a certain start point?

This is actually one of my biggest feature requests (for tivo I guess, not kmttg) that the web interface allows downloading of MPEG streams within a certain time-frame. I often record The Good Wife which is very often delayed because of the Amazing Race etc. Thus, I have to download a 12 GB stream, look for the Good Wife and just encode the 60 minutes that the show actually runs in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
tsool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #6084
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I want to try to test resume downloads on the roamio, but the current versions will not let me. Which version should I go back to use?

Update: Results: The download timed out on Resumes.
Edit: Even resumes transfers to a Series 3 from Roamio does not work.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 11-26-2013 at 07:03 PM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #6085
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I want to try to test resume downloads on the roamio, but the current versions will not let me. Which version should I go back to use?
v1p0a or earlier.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #6086
mchief
Morey

Running in this problem with a TivoHD attempting to load NP list. Other Tivos have no problem loading NP list.

>> RUNNING 'REMOTE NP List' JOB FOR TiVo: TIVO FR
RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.11.10, port=1413): [java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method), java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:184), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:150), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:565), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]
Old 11-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #6087
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief View Post
Running in this problem with a TivoHD attempting to load NP list. Other Tivos have no problem loading NP list.
Sounds like you may be turning on "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" option for your THD which won't work for series 3 and earlier units. If that's the case turn that option off for that TiVo.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #6088
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Line Endings, Auto Refesh

I've looked and cannot find a setting to auto refresh the NPLs. Am I missing it? What with the ability to auto-download recordings, I'd think that auto-refresh of the NPLs would be needed to note that new recordings exist to auto-download.

Also, might we have a preference for line endings used in metadata files? The CRs in the default Windows style CR/LF endings play havoc with my workflow. Yes, I can easily change them for every recording downloaded but it would be nice to have the files use LF line endings as a preference.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #6089
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

"&" vs "and"

Why does kmttg substitute "and" for an ampersand in show titles?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #6090
moyekj

Quote:
I've looked and cannot find a setting to auto refresh the NPLs. Am I missing it? What with the ability to auto-download recordings, I'd think that auto-refresh of the NPLs would be needed to note that new recordings exist to auto-download.
If using GUI when you use Auto Transfers>Run Once in GUI or Loop in GUI they do auto refresh. Obviously when running batch mode they do as well.

Quote:
Also, might we have a preference for line endings used in metadata files? The CRs in the default Windows style CR/LF endings play havoc with my workflow. Yes, I can easily change them for every recording downloaded but it would be nice to have the files use LF line endings as a preference.
Any decent editor should be able to deal with this no problem. Even "vi" has no problems dealing with it.

Quote:
Why does kmttg substitute "and" for an ampersand in show titles?
Because "&" in unix world has special meaning and creates problems when running some commands. There's a slew of other special characters also handled documented in the Wiki in file naming section.