TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Grimm1

Arrow Browse & Buy Movie Tickets App Gone?

Browse & Buy Movie Tickets....nice little TiVo feature that I use about once a month when I want to see what's playing at the local theaters (without having to go to a PC or use a small screen phone app).

To my surprise it's gone when I went to use it today. Did a search here and wasn't able to find any mention of it. Searched TiVo and found this...

"As of September 26, 2013, this app is no longer available on TiVo DVRs. To browse and buy movie tickets, please visit Fandango.com."

To be honest I don't frequent the forums here as much as I used to...was this just something everyone saw coming...or no one cared about?
Grimm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
dkenglish7

I used to use it as well, but it had become buggy and unreliable quite a long time ago. Given Tivo's general lack of response to complaints and concerns about apps, it didn't seem worth mentioning.

Flixster on an Android tablet - or Moviefone when it is working - both blow away the old Tivo app.
dkenglish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Dan203
Super Moderator

Read something recently where TiVo was planning to release a new movie app, Movie Phone I think, because of their partnership with AOL.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
mr.unnatural

I don't recall ever ordering any tickets via the app, but I thought it was nice to have. I've got Flixster on my smart phone so I probably wouldn't use the Tivo app if I still had any Tivos left.
mr.unnatural is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
Grimm1

Interesting...was never really buggy for me. I too never used it to buy tickets...but then I never buy tickets on-line...but it was nice to be able to browse what was playing at local theaters and what he showtimes were.
Grimm1 is offline   Reply With Quote