TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.89 average.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #241
jmpage2

What is ridiculous is TiVo CSRs insisting it could take up to SIX DAYS in the first place. That was utter hogwash right from the get go. They need to train their people to do more than read a script and push customers off.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #242
thorpemark

Well, here it is, late November, and this Tivo Mini V70 problem is still going on.. at least for me. I have only had the Roamio Pro and Mini trying to connect for about 32 hours now, but I have read so many things in these threads my mind is just dazed as to what the issues is. Tech said wait 72 hours but that seems so random and arbitrary I figured there must be something else that is wrong. It just seems like the tech was just kicking the can down the road.

I have xfinity and a comcast motorola cablecard that works nicely with the roamio pro.. 6 tuners, rock solid so far.

I am connecting via ethernet and both units get network access.

v70 error every time the mini gets tot he point it should find the Roamio.

I have tried renaming and re-powering up both units. I have tried unplugging the old TivoHDs so the only two units on the net were the mini and roamio. I have tried connecting both the roamio and mini directly to the router hub (formerly both connected to same switch near the entertainment unit). Both units in same room now for setup.. after testing plan is to run ethernet to 2nd room and use mini there (and replace a TivoHD there).

So, the issues I have seen in these threads:

- something regarding comcast xfinity on-demand issues
- some kind of software update for the mini (but I have connected to the net many times now and have to believe the mini should be good there.. bought it from tivo with a LT activation).
- some suggestion re: switches.. so I connected them both to same router hub.. linksys e4200 running dd-wrt.
- rename and reboot - done several times
- wait 72 hours... waiting.. but seeing how in this thread it took someone 35 days is not encouraging

Anyone have a suggestion or does waiting 72 hours really do somethng?
thorpemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #243
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpemark View Post
Well, here it is, late November, and this Tivo Mini V70 problem is still going on.. at least for me. I have only had the Roamio Pro and Mini trying to connect for about 32 hours now, but I have read so many things in these threads my mind is just dazed as to what the issues is. Tech said wait 72 hours but that seems so random and arbitrary I figured there must be something else that is wrong.
About two months ago we purchased a Roamio Plus and two Minis. Once the Roamio was set up each Mini failed set up with an error message (I don't recall the exact error). Tech support said the Minis were "missing" some software and he would turn in a ticket and the software would be pushed out "in 3 to 5 days." When I complained about waiting so long he said to try rebooting everything as it "might work." These things are imaged from a master -- I don't understand how they could be "missing" some software.

I rebooted the Roamio, then both Minis. One Mini finished setup normally, the second Mini took two reboots. Weird.

It sounds like you've rebooted a few times, so your problem may be different than the one I saw.
DeltaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #244
khatlelid

V70 death

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpemark View Post
Well, here it is, late November, and this Tivo Mini V70 problem is still going on.. at least for me. I have only had the Roamio Pro and Mini trying to connect for about 32 hours now, but I have read so many things in these threads my mind is just dazed as to what the issues is. Tech said wait 72 hours but that seems so random and arbitrary I figured there must be something else that is wrong. It just seems like the tech was just kicking the can down the road.

I have xfinity and a comcast motorola cablecard that works nicely with the roamio pro.. 6 tuners, rock solid so far.

I am connecting via ethernet and both units get network access.

v70 error every time the mini gets tot he point it should find the Roamio.

I have tried renaming and re-powering up both units. I have tried unplugging the old TivoHDs so the only two units on the net were the mini and roamio. I have tried connecting both the roamio and mini directly to the router hub (formerly both connected to same switch near the entertainment unit). Both units in same room now for setup.. after testing plan is to run ethernet to 2nd room and use mini there (and replace a TivoHD there).

So, the issues I have seen in these threads:

- something regarding comcast xfinity on-demand issues
- some kind of software update for the mini (but I have connected to the net many times now and have to believe the mini should be good there.. bought it from tivo with a LT activation).
- some suggestion re: switches.. so I connected them both to same router hub.. linksys e4200 running dd-wrt.
- rename and reboot - done several times
- wait 72 hours... waiting.. but seeing how in this thread it took someone 35 days is not encouraging

Anyone have a suggestion or does waiting 72 hours really do somethng?
I'm getting basically the same deal. A roamio, two minis. Two minis stuck on V70 after probably entire days of troubleshooting and many hours with customer support, many days of waiting, I'm pretty much at 72 hours with no joy. I'm about to just return them all Monday and get my money back from Tivo if I can't get a more sane response than "keep waiting".
khatlelid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #245
khatlelid

V70 death

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
What is ridiculous is TiVo CSRs insisting it could take up to SIX DAYS in the first place. That was utter hogwash right from the get go. They need to train their people to do more than read a script and push customers off.
Agree. The CSR folks, while polite, are not trained or given sufficient tools to actually diagnose anything. Nothing is quite as frustrating as somebody saying "ok, now we are going to try rebooting three times". Really????? How about I break out my lucky rubber debugging chicken?

Intensely frustrated.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #246
Loach

The more I read on this forum the more content I am to just stand pat with my Premiere 4 and two Minis that are working well. There was never any ridiculous 72+ hour waiting period when setting up my Minis with the Premiere. My only real irritation with the Premiere is the Netflix app, but I'll probably just get a Roku if it becomes a real problem.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #247
HarperVision

When I had this issue I took the minis over to the pro's location, activated moca on the pro and hooked the minis to a coax splitter along with the pro and voila, connectomundo! Once they connected and associated themselves with the pro, I disconnected them, turned off moca in the pro and reinstalled them in their permanent locations via ethernet and they found it right away. Try it, it may work and its better than dealing with the TiVo clown car.
HarperVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #248
MikePA1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
The more I read on this forum the more content I am to just stand pat with my Premiere 4 and two Minis that are working well. There was never any ridiculous 72+ hour waiting period when setting up my Minis with the Premiere. My only real irritation with the Premiere is the Netflix app, but I'll probably just get a Roku if it becomes a real problem.
Basing your actions, or inactions, on posts on this forum is illogical.

I replaced two cableco DVRs with a Roamio Basic, Mini and Stream and had zero problems setting them up or since. and there are probably hundreds of thousands of other people who have had zero problems.

Almost no one posts here when things work as designed.
MikePA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #249
beobuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by khatlelid View Post
Agree. The CSR folks, while polite, are not trained or given sufficient tools to actually diagnose anything. Nothing is quite as frustrating as somebody saying "ok, now we are going to try rebooting three times". Really????? How about I break out my lucky rubber debugging chicken?

Intensely frustrated.
Is the rubber chicken available at a discounted price from Best Buy or must it be bought at full price from Tivo? What is the cost of Lifetime Service? Just asking.
Tivo HD XL (for sale)
Tivo HD (for sale)
LG LST-3410A
beobuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #250
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePA1 View Post
Basing your actions, or inactions, on posts on this forum is illogical.

I replaced two cableco DVRs with a Roamio Basic, Mini and Stream and had zero problems setting them up or since. and there are probably hundreds of thousands of other people who have had zero problems.

Almost no one posts here when things work as designed.
I completely understand all your points, and if I was coming from cableco DVRs the concerns expressed on this forum would probably would not dissuade me from switching to Tivo. But that is not my situation, so I need compelling reasons to upgrade, and to this point I'm not finding them.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #251
khatlelid

update

My rubber debugging chicken worked. 8)

Despite all the "voodoo" here and with the CSR/Tech support, the issue was a software version mismatch with the Roamio and the minis. Last night either they posted the update or the carrier pigeons which comprise their back end delivered it, but on a last ditch attempt before reboxing and returning to Amazon, the Mini connected, took the update, and worked.

So - I think the tech support is pretty poor. I think the back end and diagnostic tools are weak and probably insufficient. Ultimately though, I like the mini form factor, and when it works it's a really useful little unit.

Please TiVo guys reading this - add better diagnostics and train people better.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #252
todd_j_derr

TC CLUB MEMBER
You may remember me as the poor sap who dominated pages 4-7 of this thread and wasted an embarrassing amount of time trying to get them working... well, all of that is behind me and my Minis have been working great, so I decided to buy another one, and... V70! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

However, before I hit the roof, I waited a bit (and maybe forced a call from one of the Tivos) and the V70 went away pretty quickly, I think it was less than an hour. It's probably significant that I bought it from Amazon and activated service myself just before I installed it.
todd_j_derr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #253
sangs

Glad I found this thread. Or at least I think I am.

Bought a Roamio Pro and Mini today. The Roamio setup went smoothly, it's provisioned for MOCA. I thought everything was working well with the Mini during setup, until I received this V70 error that it couldn't find another Tivo DVR. Did the live chat and the only answer the guy had was to wait 24 hours, which seemed ridiculous to me. Now I'm not sure if I should try all the advice here, or just wait the 24 hours first.
sangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #254
jmpage2

Force calls on both the Roamio and Mini a couple of times. If you still get V70 wait until tomorrow and then call TiVo.

Also... make sure that both your Mini and Roamio have done updates.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #255
sangs

All good. I renamed the Roamio, as somebody suggested in this thread, and within minutes the Mini completed the process and is currently up and running. Oh and they've both done updates.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #256
sangs

Well now I have to correct myself. Several times this morning I get a V87 Error Code on my Mini and it won't let me watch Live TV. It then seems to autocorrect without me doing anything other than pressing the Tivo button. This is going to cause some problems if it's a recurring issue.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #257
skiingyac

Having the same V70 issue with my roamio plus and mini... both did updates after I got them. Was told to wait 72 hours, did that, now told that it is a big issue and a software update is being issued for the roamios, perhaps in the next few days... tried renaming, no luck.

They told me to just keep trying every day or two to see if it works.
skiingyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #258
skiingyac

Just plugged in the mini again today and it got an update, now it is working.
skiingyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #259
sd1236

Roamio Pro + Mini + Premiere

Initial setup of Roamio Pro - No Problem
Mini needed to be on same router, or moca connection. Received moca adapter and was able to connect with no problems.
Required moca adapter since Roamio Pro was not located where cable modem was. Need to connect moca adapter directly to cable company modem.

All is working great. All units able to see each other.
sd1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #260
ncfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1236 View Post
Initial setup of Roamio Pro - No Problem
Mini needed to be on same router, or moca connection. Received moca adapter and was able to connect with no problems.
Required moca adapter since Roamio Pro was not located where cable modem was. Need to connect moca adapter directly to cable company modem.

All is working great. All units able to see each other.
Obviously, I am glad that it is working for you, but I am trying to understand why you need a MoCA adapter if you have a Roamio Pro in the mix. Is there something unique about your setup?
ncfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #261
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfoster View Post
Obviously, I am glad that it is working for you, but I am trying to understand why you need a MoCA adapter if you have a Roamio Pro in the mix. Is there something unique about your setup?
As stated in sd's post, Roamio not located near router.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #262
headless chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
It's one year later and the v70 issue still persists. I set up my mini and got the "Tivo DVR Not Found" message so I called Tivo, and was told it would take between 24-64 hours for the Mini to be active!!
headless chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #263
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by headless chicken View Post
It's one year later and the v70 issue still persists. I set up my mini and got the "Tivo DVR Not Found" message so I called Tivo, and was told it would take between 24-64 hours for the Mini to be active!!
Force a service connection on DVR and reboot. Also, reboot the Mini and try it then. I had the same thing during my setup 9 months ago. All it took was that. Both pieces have to have recently contacted the Tivo servers so they know they are authorized to work together.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #264
headless chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
Force a service connection on DVR and reboot. Also, reboot the Mini and try it then.
Thanks, that worked. I asked the Tivo rep on the phone if I should force connect on my Roamio to expedite the process and he said no, it wouldn't do anything.
headless chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #265
Prefrosh01

I am also experiencing the V70 error. I activated my Mini 24 hours prior to installing it hoping to avoid these issues, but I still received the DVR Not Found message.

I had a chat session with tech support and they echoed what others have said...simply wait 24 hours or more.
Prefrosh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #266
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefrosh01 View Post
I am also experiencing the V70 error. I activated my Mini 24 hours prior to installing it hoping to avoid these issues, but I still received the DVR Not Found message.

I had a chat session with tech support and they echoed what others have said...simply wait 24 hours or more.
Did you then ignore what Tivo told you and do as I advised a few posts above?
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #267
Prefrosh01

I just found this post this morning and when I get home from work I am going to try that and see if I can get it to work. I did a force connection on the Roamio, but that didn't seem to do anything. It was recording shows last night, so I did not want to do a reboot at that time, but hopefully that will do the trick!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #268
Prefrosh01

Update - After rebooting both boxes and spending close to an hour on the phone with a CSR I still am getting the V70 error.

Here are the steps I used rebooting:
1. Disconnect Mini
2. On the Roamio - Connect to Tivo Service Now
3. Repeat Connect to Tivo Service a second time
4. Reboot the Roamio
5. Connect to Tivo Service for a third time
6 Connect Mini and go through Setup

After this failed attempt I decided to move the Mini down to the main floor and hardwire it directly into the same modem/router that the Roamio is connected to, but even here I am getting the same V70 error...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #269
jmpage2

I think another call to TiVo is in order, you've done all of the obvious stuff to clear the error at this point.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #270
Prefrosh01

That's what I was thinking too...unfortunately.

Last night the Tech Support Rep was totally stumped as all his charts kept saying to call the cable provider, but I am only using OTA.

Is there a way I can bypass the first level of tech support so I don't have to jump through all the same hoops again?