TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
hornmustang

audio drops

So this just started happening two days ago with my Roamio Plus. Every now and then (maybe once an hour) my audio drops out. If I push the tivo button or change channels the audio comes back. Audio is set to Dolby Digital. The Roamio is connected with HDMI to my Pioneer receiver and then HDMI to my tv. Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?
hornmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
cosmicvoid
Tivo noob

Sounds like a HDMI issue. Try bypassing the Pioneer and go directly to the TV, and see if it still happens.
cosmicvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
hornmustang

So just to update on this issue. I changed the audio setting to PCM and I stopped getting audio drops. The downside is that I lost dolby digital which sucks. Any idea why DD doesn't work for me?
hornmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
mjcxp

Using DD 5.1 the audio drops every time you go into or leave Tivo Central. It is extremely annoying. I believe it is due to the remote sounds the Tivo makes, but since it is DD 5.1 it has no way to insert the sounds. I have learned to live with it.
mjcxp is offline   Reply With Quote