TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #31
StevesWeb
Grumpy Old Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickthickey View Post
My Roamio and my Mini updated.

The only anomaly was the Mini. It hung on the blue circle of bars which appear just before the animation.

I waited 30 minutes (knowing it is not exactly snappy) and then pulled the power cord.

It then booted normally.

Things seem to be decent. Both units upgraded.
My brand new Mini also hung after loading the 20.3.7 update. I let it sit a few hours. When I power cycled it everything seemed fine.
StevesWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #32
NYHeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Tell me more about this.
I've posted to one or more of those threads but when you update a recording scheduled to record to either pad or shorten (I did this because I already pad CBS on Sunday night by an hour), you often get the regular recording with no change and a manual recording that did what you told it to do. I've had better luck when editing the recording from the to do list as opposed to the guide but it has happened to me on either method.

I put a call into Tivo support 3 or so weeks ago about the issue to give them a heads up.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #33
anthonymoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDFW View Post
While I haven't experienced any of these specific issues, I am definitely happy that Tivo seems to be responsive on issuing bug fixes for the Roamio.
+1000000000

I would add TiVo *and Margret*...
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #34
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
I'm guessing they're talking Q1 2014 calendar year instead of the fiscal year (Q1 2014 fiscal year starts Oct 1).
Why do you think that? The annual reports come out after the end of the quarter ending January 31, so they can include the holiday period. Q1 2014 fiscal year starts February 1, AFAIK.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #35
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
Why do you think that? The annual reports come out after the end of the quarter ending January 31, so they can include the holiday period. Q1 2014 fiscal year starts February 1, AFAIK.
This is really getting off topic. FY 2014 for most larger US businesses began October 1 2013.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #36
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
Correct. Tivo's fiscal year end is January 31. Their fiscal Q1 begins Feb. 1.

Just have to look at the date on their Form 10-K.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #37
hybucket

Getting back the topic of Roamio update..
I've had my Roamio Basic for a couple of weeks...no problems, no freezing, no reboot. Yesterday, I got the new update and applied it. Last night, two programs recording at 10PM and...voila!, the thing reboots at 10:30! LOst about 7 minutes of the recorded programs while it did its thing. And with the new update that was supposed to have fixed that problem (that others had, but not me). Hope this was just a fluke, but thought I'd mention it in case it's happening to others.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
leiff

Mabe this will fix lockups. Otherwise i notice you can use the Android tivo app to regain control by cueing a show to play from my shows list
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #39
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickthickey View Post
My Roamio and my Mini updated. The only anomaly was the Mini. It hung on the blue circle of bars which appear just before the animation. I waited 30 minutes (knowing it is not exactly snappy) and then pulled the power cord. It then booted normally. Things seem to be decent. Both units upgraded.
Same here.

I forced my Roamio Plus to update the evening of the release (Wednesday evening I think). No problems. Decided to wait and see when my two Minis would update.

Got up this morning (Friday morning) and Mini #1 was updated and running fine. Mini #2 was hung on the blue circle screen. Pulled the power plug, waited 30 seconds, then powered it up. It booted up and is running normally.
DeltaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #40
hooper

Brand new mini. Hung after the update. Not very good software testing if the error condition is seen on such a large scale.
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
Change the padding time on an individual recording (that is a season pass) before it airs and you will get a duplicate recording that appears as if it is a manual recording.

I believe it is fixed in the *next* update. I'm currently expecting that update in mid-December.

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #42
andyf

Thanks Margret, that's good to know.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #43
synch22

First ever V53 error aftrt update on shohd in Seattle on Comcast. Only thing that's changed is this update.
synch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #44
rainwater

I never had any reboots during the last update. But since getting this one, I have already had 2 reboots during recordings. Definitely a step back from the last release. Hopefully TiVo is still working on fixing random reboots because they still exist in this build.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #45
swerver

Sweet, slide keyboard works in youtube now, thanks!
swerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #46
rgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
I believe it is fixed in the *next* update. I'm currently expecting that update in mid-December.

--Margret
Is there a list or post where suggestions can be made for potential changes? For instance, I think Close Caption should be at a fixed location after hitting info, for ease of programming my harmony remote to toggle it. Right now, CC is sometimes 2nd in the list (for recorded shows) or 3rd in the list (for live shows).

Thanks for the information and also for the excellent product. Upgraded from a series 3 and haven't looked back.
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #47
jrock

My Roamio Pro had been having the video freeze lockup for almost 2 weeks before this update. A replacement Roamio is actually already on the way and arriving on Monday. Tech support had no idea why it was freezing. Since the update it hasn't frozen but it does seem to reboot once a night around midnight.

When I go to bed I watch the musical Jesus Christ Superstar I bought from amazon and is downloaded. The TV is set to auto shut off at 11pm every night and I usually go to bed around 10pm. The next day when I turn the TV on the play list starts all the way at the top so I know its rebooted. Then when I play the Amazon musical its somewhere near the end but at a different spot each time.

I have also tried playing the musical through during the day and went to work and when I come home it hasn't rebooted so I dunno whats causing it. At least it isn't freezing to the point of me having to unplug it anymore and so far I have been lucky it hasn't happened during a recording but that could change.

Now what do I do about the replacement they sent if this is a software issue and not a hardware issue? If the same thing will happen with the new one I don't want to have to do all the setup, settings, copying season passes, transferring shows, repairing cable card, etc.

-Joe
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #48
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
Correct. Tivo's fiscal year end is January 31. Their fiscal Q1 begins Feb. 1.

Just have to look at the date on their Form 10-K.
I'll just add that FY2015 starts 2/1/14 for TiVo corp.
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #49
bbrown9

Thank you Margret!
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #50
pautler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr View Post
Is there a list or post where suggestions can be made for potential changes?

In the past TiVo support has directed me to:

http://advisors.tivo.com/wix5/p2272893819.aspx

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #51
pautler

I have a Roamio Basic and 2 Minis. Like others have reported, the software update caused both of my Minis to freeze on the "blue circle screen," requiring disconnection/reconnection of the power cord. No big deal though. I just assumed it was due to the Mini's losing network connectivity to the Roamio while it was rebooting.

For what it's worth, I 'forced' the upgrade on my Roamio (initiated a manual call, and then reset it) rather than waiting for it to happen on its own.

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #52
rgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pautler View Post

-Joe
Thanks, I'll submit my idea. It'd be nice to have a list or posting of issues being addressed so we know if a submission duplicates another and so we can see what's on the to do list for TiVo.
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #53
pshivers
Retired!

I noted that both my Roamio Pro and my Tivo Mini had been updated to the new release yesterday. I did need to restart the Mini as it had lost its MoCA connection to the Roamio, all is working well once again....
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #54
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pautler View Post

The place where good ideas go to die, just like the surveys.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #55
Emacee

For the record, I have a Premiere and lately I have been having the same thing happen when I modify a recording. The original recording stays and the modified recording appears as a manual recording. If I have a second recording scheduled, sometimes it gets bumped.
Please fix this bug in the next Premiere update, as well.
Previously:
Hughes DirecTivo (02-06)
Phillips Series1 (99-03)
Emacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #56
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emacee View Post
when I modify a recording, the original recording stays and the modified recording appears as a [duplicate] manual recording
Unfortunately, this bug still exists in the v20.3.8 update. Since the duplicate doesn’t immediately show up in your To Do list, the best workaround until it's fixed is to "view upcoming episodes" and delete the episode you want to adjust then program that episode to record with the padding adjustment.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=511259
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote