TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
atmuscarella

Non-TiVo AV Question

Hello all,

So as you can see from my post I have a 5 year old Panasonic TV. When I turn on my Netgear Neo TV streaming device my TV auto switches to that input. This does not happen for anything else I own, including a Denon receiver, Roku, Western Digital Live streaming device, HTPC,, older Panasonic Blu-ray player and of course my 4 TiVos. Most of my stuff is actually connected directly to the Denon receiver but I tested everything (except the TiVos which do not have an on/off) plugged into an HDMI port on my TV and the only thing that does this is the Netgear Neo TV.

Can someone tell me what this function is and why it only works with the Netgear Neo TV?

Thanks!
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

This is a feature of HDMI. The Chromecast does the same thing. You could probably disable it in the HDMI setup section of your TV. Try disabling CEC.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote