TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
grey ghost

Emergency Alert System freezes my Mini once a week

The alert was cancelled hours ago on my Roamio, but that night when we crank up the Mini, the EAS scroll is on the Mini. All the functions have ceased to work on the remote and the only way I can get it to work is to unplug the Mini from the power.

Is there another way to "thaw" my Mini other than unplugging it? TIA for any help

FWIW, the Mini is connected to the Roamio via MoCA and it's the only Mini attached to the Roamio
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
bshrock

Have you tried the HDUI reset? <Thumb Down>, <Thumb Up>. <Play>, <Play>
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
Have you tried the HDUI reset? <Thumb Down>, <Thumb Up>. <Play>, <Play>
No, every single button on the remote freezes and the only sound you get is the "thud" sound that tells you you can't do that.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
bshrock

It may be you're network can you try using Ethernet?

I have not had any EAS interruptions on the Mini at least any that I know of. One of my two Minis would lock up frequently like yours frozen with either a blank screen or the main menu with the view window displaying the Pause symbol. Sometimes I could recover using the HDUI reset like you I would get a delayed error "thud" for the button presses half a minute later I would hear the conformation beep and the Mini would recover. When the HDUI reset did not work I disconnected the Coax cable and the Mini would recover with a network error message. I switched the 2 and the problem stayed with the location so Saturday I ran a network cable and switched that Mini to use Ethernet I have not seen the lock up since Knock on wood.

My configuration was both Mini's using the Premiere XL4 for the MoCA bridge. The problem Mini had 2 splitters and about 40' of coax between the XL4. the Other Mini is on the first 4 way splitter.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
It may be you're network can you try using Ethernet?

I have not had any EAS interruptions on the Mini at least any that I know of. One of my two Minis would lock up frequently like yours frozen with either a blank screen or the main menu with the view window displaying the Pause symbol. Sometimes I could recover using the HDUI reset like you I would get a delayed error "thud" for the button presses half a minute later I would hear the conformation beep and the Mini would recover. When the HDUI reset did not work I disconnected the Coax cable and the Mini would recover with a network error message. I switched the 2 and the problem stayed with the location so Saturday I ran a network cable and switched that Mini to use Ethernet I have not seen the lock up since Knock on wood.

My configuration was both Mini's using the Premiere XL4 for the MoCA bridge. The problem Mini had 2 splitters and about 40' of coax between the XL4. the Other Mini is on the first 4 way splitter.
In my situation, it is impractical to run ethernet to the Mini. I tried using a wireless bridge and ethernet from there, but it didn't really work. The MoCA network using the Roamio as a MoCA bridge that I'm currently using is much better and is quick and responsive, but it just has this one problem with freezing.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I appreciate it.