TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #61
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Spoiler:
At the time of filming, Heather Morris (Brittany) was 8 months pregnant, so she was unavailable for that reason.

Dianna Agron (Quinn) was unavailable for an undefined scheduling conflict.

Spoiler:

I still missed them. There has been no mention of Brittany so far this season. It's like she just disappeared. Quinn of course was written off, but too bad Diana Agron could not have returned in someway as Q for this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #62
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Spoiler:

Quinn of course was written off, but too bad Diana Agron could not have returned in someway as Q for this.

Spoiler:
Unlike Heather Morris, Dianna Agron was most likely purposely excluded from the episode. I don't think she is very well liked by Ryan Murphy and some of the cast members.

(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #63
Lenonn

TC CLUB MEMBER
Wow - I've seen sad television and movies before, but nothing like what Glee did. I was crying pretty consistently throughout the episodes. I lost a close friend unexpectedly last year, so I think it hit a little too close to home for me (so much so that I'm not sure who my tears were more about: Corey/Finn's death or my friend's).

Great acting (if you can call it acting in this case, based on what Ryan Murphy said about the episode) all around.
Lenonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #64
SNJpage1

Finally they show that Sue does have a heart. I hope she tones it down from now on.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #65
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
Finally they show that Sue does have a heart. I hope she tones it down from now on.
There has been zero character development with her. Every time she shows she has a heart, it's all washed away an episode or two later. I wouldn't count on it happening this time either.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #66
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
There has been zero character development with her. Every time she shows she has a heart, it's all washed away an episode or two later. I wouldn't count on it happening this time either.
This. They've gone through multiple cycles where she's actually a very nice character, such as the last time she was principal, or even during first season when she went back on her agreement with Figgins to have the glee club disbanded if they didn't win. Each time, she goes back to the same nasty character she was before. It's seriously bordering on bipolar.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #67
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
This. They've gone through multiple cycles where she's actually a very nice character, such as the last time she was principal, or even during first season when she went back on her agreement with Figgins to have the glee club disbanded if they didn't win. Each time, she goes back to the same nasty character she was before. It's seriously bordering on bipolar.
I've mentioned it before, I think Murphy really isn't that creative, each character fills a slot in his crafted world and if one no longer fills that gap, they are replaced or "returned to form".

He NEEDS Sue to be a source of conflict, without it he flounders.

It'll be interesting to see how he fills the "everyman" slot Finn held.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #68
LaurenLMHC

Thumbs up

Last week's show (The End of Twerk) was really good. It reminded me of what I used to love about GLEE.

And Unique's song truly got to me.

I thought the twerking thing was stupid, mainly because it's ridiculous how much attention the Miley Cirus thing got, but I really enjoyed Marley's performance. It was very pop, but emotional too.

THEY BETTER NOT SCREW UP THE BJ episode!!
LaurenLMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #69
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLMHC View Post
THEY BETTER NOT SCREW UP THE BJ episode!!
Wha--?!

I haven't been watching. Are they showing a BJ episode for sweeps? And how do they screw up a BJ? Even a mediocre one is still a good one.

MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #70
mattack

Have only watched the first 2 eps of the year so far.. (Hmm, I may have to re-check #2.. I have it listed as watched, but I don't remember watching it). Have been watching other stuff, plus #3 will just be sad (despite me thinking he did himself in).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #71
LaurenLMHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
Wha--?!

I haven't been watching. Are they showing a BJ episode for sweeps? And how do they screw up a BJ? Even a mediocre one is still a good one.

Billy Joel. lol
LaurenLMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #72
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

With the exception of the Cory Monteith tribute, this show has become soulless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #73
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post

Old 11-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #74
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
I stopped watching Glee a while ago, while still occasionally listening to the music from the show. I dropped in to watch the Monteith/Finn tribute, and thought "This is really good. Why did I stop watching?"

Then I watched the next episode and remembered. It was unwatchable, IMO. Soulless is probably just one of many applicable criticisms of the show.

I was so hoping that the tribute episode would be a watershed episode that would allow the show to re-dedicate itself to what made it great once, but that did not happen at all. Except for a throw-away line or two, watching the next episode was almost like the tribute episode never happened.

Last edited by LoadStar : 11-19-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #75
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
I agree, mostly. I think that it still feels like the people in NY are real...but the McKinley folks feel like robots. Poorly-dressed, poorly-coiffed robots.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #76
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Has anybody else but me been watching Dancing with the Stars this season?

Amber Riley has been tearing up the joint, and if there's any justice, she'll end up as the champ.

So if the online voting is still open, vote for Amber!

Last edited by murgatroyd : 11-23-2013 at 12:36 AM.
murgatroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #77
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Amber hurt her knee, so Derek Hough choreographed around it this week to give her a better chance to heal (the other dance this week was the Viennese Waltz). Here's their jazz:

Old 11-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #78
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
Has anybody else but me been watching Dancing with the Stars this season?

<spoilers snipped>
Thanks. I hadn't watched this week's episode yet, so knowing who goes home will make it nice and anti-climactic.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #79
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

The "fall season finale" will be "a Christmas episode that they made for last season but Fox would not air it":
Quote:
Sue Sylvester introduces the episode as a Christmas special that FOX did not allow to air from last year. The members of New Directions audition for roles in McKinley’s living Nativity Scene. Meanwhile in New York, Rachel, Kurt and Santana work as Santa’s elves at a mall in the all-new “Previously Unaired Christmas” episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, Dec. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-508) (TV-14 D, L)
I realize it says "Christmas Special", but the description makes it sound like just another episode that happens to take place around Christmas.

I see two problems with this.

First, they did a Christmas episode last season - "Glee, Actually." Of course, they could always say that they made that episode after Fox rejected the earlier one, but then you have to worry about deciding which one is "canon" and then not referencing the other episode in future episodes. (Oh, wait, never mind, I forgot -this is Glee we're talking about - what continuity?)

Second, how do you handle the absence of Finn - and, for that matter, Brittany, who was still attending McKinley at the time the episode is supposed to take place?
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #80
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

they didn't even handle the absence of Brittany this year/season. Does she appear in this year old episode? That would be weird.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #81
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Not to mention, from what I understand, the events of the show right now occur sometime during the spring, as this season continued directly from the end of last season.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #82
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
they didn't even handle the absence of Brittany this year/season. Does she appear in this year old episode? That would be weird.
I thought that I heard Brittany was written out, that she got some sort of a mid-year acceptance to a university because she was tested as some sort of genius. (Don't ask me for more details, it's one of those things that I heard about in passing, as I wasn't really watching at the time.)
Old 11-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #83
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
I thought that I heard Brittany was written out, that she got some sort of a mid-year acceptance to a university because she was tested as some sort of genius. (Don't ask me for more details, it's one of those things that I heard about in passing, as I wasn't really watching at the time.)
I recall the story line, (some math thing, I think) but I thought something happened and it fell through. Is she REALLY actually officially and permanently gone from the show?

Old 11-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #84
Langree
The Gimp

As for Finn, he wasn't in every episode, and sometimes only in passing. This could be one of those. If he was hardly in it, easy to edit/change around him.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #85
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
I recall the story line, (some math thing, I think) but I thought something happened and it fell through. Is she REALLY actually officially and permanently gone from the show?
According to what I'm reading online, Brittany was written out in the season finale, "All or Nothing," in which she was awarded and accepted a mid-year admission to MIT.

As for how permanently she's gone, it's possible she returns for a guest appearance, but Heather Morris is definitely no longer under contract as a series regular for season 5. (http://tvline.com/2013/06/28/glee-se...not-returning/)
Old 11-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #86
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

that sucks

Old 11-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #87
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

I will miss B.S. Pierce and her video cat blog.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #88
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I wish I could have been on Fondue for Two

Old 11-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #89
FrodoB

Quote:
According to what I'm reading online, Brittany was written out in the season finale, "All or Nothing," in which she was awarded and accepted a mid-year admission to MIT.

As for how permanently she's gone, it's possible she returns for a guest appearance, but Heather Morris is definitely no longer under contract as a series regular for season 5. (http://tvline.com/2013/06/28/glee-se...not-returning/)
I got the impression that this was what she wanted, being highly pregnant at the time and all. Maybe she just wanted to take a year off to be a mom. (It's certainly the reason she wasn't in the Finn tribute episode.)
FrodoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #90
Cainebj

Quote:
Spoiler:

I still missed them. There has been no mention of Brittany so far this season. It's like she just disappeared. Quinn of course was written off, but too bad Diana Agron could not have returned in someway as Q for this.

Spoiler:
I still think it was weird they weren't there - they could have done a face shot of Brittany there have been plenty of dealing with pregnant women on TV shows before this - and I don't see any good reason why Agron wasn't there.

I have agreed with most of your comments -
however - the last two weeks have been not so bad.
Glambert's song from 2 weeks ago was pretty awesome and As someone else mentioned Unique's solo was not exactly what I would call soul less.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote