TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
czegeer

Stream Downloads to iPhone but Program is Cut Short

I have had a TiVo Premiere for about 2 years and recently purchased the Stream. It now seems to be working fine, but I noticed that some (not all) of the programs I downloaded were cut short. For example, what was recorded as a 1 hour show on my Premere is downloaded as a 37 or 41 minute show on my iPhone. I first noticed this when I went to play one of my downloaded shows and it was cut off towards the end of the show . . . right when things were getting good It was super frustrating! And some other programs were downloaded in their entirety. Any idea what is causing this?
czegeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
cbrrider

I've noticed on my Roamio Plus that if I start a download while the show is still recording the transfer stops when it catches up to live TV.
DSR6000
DSR7000
HDVR2 x 2
Roamio Plus Lifetime
cbrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
czegeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrider View Post
I've noticed on my Roamio Plus that if I start a download while the show is still recording the transfer stops when it catches up to live TV.
Thanks!!! That makes sense. I couldn't work out why it has done this to some programs and not to others. Now that you mentioned this, the programs that are truncated were still recording when I initiated their download.

Obviously I can manually get around this by only downloading programs after they have finished recording, but is it supposed to work like this? Why wouldn't it continue the download in real time as it records? Is there a way around this?
Old 11-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
bikegeek

Quote:
This is new behavior, I used to start a bunch of shows while they were playing and they would download fine. It seems to me that it just started about a week ago.
bikegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
czegeer

Good to know. That is about when I purchased my Stream. Hopefully they will correct this on their end. I will give them a call to make sure they are aware of the problem (although, by now, they must be).

Thanks again for the feedback!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
moyekj

I think this is likely related to the infamous "V87" error that happens while streaming a show using MRS from another TiVo. This normally happens if you start streaming a show from a host that is still recording it, perhaps 50% of the time the stream is interrupted at some point after the host recording completes. Note that this has been an issue since MRS was introduced a few years ago with series 4 platform and persists even with series 5, so I don't think TiVo gives much priority to fixing it.

(The reason I think it is related is the Stream uses MRS to stream the show from host TiVo so likely suffers from the same problem any other MRS client has).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #7
mattack

Quote:
Yes, I finally made this realization yesterday too.. The strange thing is that, WHILE the show is still recording, you CAN access almost the entire recording..

e.g. at 9:58 you can still access almost the whole show.. but when the show stops recording, then the show truncates to (IIRC) the point at which you started transferring.

DID YOU REPORT THIS ON TIVO'S OFFICIAL FORUMS? That is the only way to let them know about this. If not, I will (maybe this weekend).

Note, they did SEEM to fix one other issue I saw **I THINK**. It used to ALWAYS jump you back to the last saved point in a program if downloads FINISHED while you were watching something (regardless of the current transfer (but now that causes the above problem) or an already transferred show).. I think this one isn't happening anymore.

also, I mentioned elsewhere that as of IIRC 2 updates ago, it seems to remember your download quality preference --- EXCEPT -- now I realize it doesn't seem to remember the (newly added?) Basic preference. It does remember I want medium vs high though.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
cbrrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post

DID YOU REPORT THIS ON TIVO'S OFFICIAL FORUMS? That is the only way to let them know about this. If not, I will (maybe this weekend).
No, I haven't. Czegeer said something about giving TiVo a call on a previous post.
DSR6000
DSR7000
HDVR2 x 2
Roamio Plus Lifetime
cbrrider is offline   Reply With Quote