I'm trying to figure out the best (most cost effective) way to buy a new Roamio.
Here's my situation:
- We have 2 HD TVs.
- We currently use these two boxes:
HD 20 hour monthly $12.95 (activated 6/04)
HD XL 150 hour lifetime (activated 8/09)
We also have these two boxes that we don't use:
HD Series 2 rev. 3 (inactive - no lifetime)
Series 1 Philips 30 hr lifetime (activated 10/2000)
- Besides recording cable (Comcast), we need to have ability to stream Netflix, Amazon, and Showtime Anytime.
- Would like to be able to record Showtime Anytime (to catch up on earlier seasons of programs we've missed.)
- Would like to be able to stream recorded programs from TIVO box to iPad and iPhone
I've been trying to figure out the best choice to meet the criteria outlined above (leaning toward buying LT service.)
The basic Roamio would work, but I would need to buy a TIVO Stream to get content to the 2nd TV (Is this true if I keep one of my HD boxes?).
The Plus or Pro would work - only difference I can see is HD size. (I wouldn't need to purchase the Stream.)
Hard part is working through the iterations.
Buy a new Roamio, sell the HD 20.
Buy a new Roamio, sell the HD XL and HD 20.
- try to get LT transferred to the Roamio. Is that something TIVO does?
I'm sure there are other possibilities, but I thought maybe some of you who have been through this decision-making process could offer your thoughts.
PS I'm assuming Roamio can still 'talk' to HDs, right (ie, watch a HD recorded movie via Roamio and vice versa).