TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
TrooperOrange

Tivo code for Samsung sound bar?

Hello All,
I recently acquired a Samsung sound bar HW-F450 and for the life of me cannot find a code that works.

I tried all of the AV and TV codes, tired googling, found reference to a few like 0305 etc... so far nothing works.

I would just use my slide remote to learn the codes, but for some reason that operates not well with the new Roamio. Response are slow, it switches from BT to IR etc... just doesn't seem to work well at all.

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks.
TrooperOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
Edmund
Remote Czar

Get a standard GLO tivo remote with learning feature.
Edmund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
TrooperOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
Get a standard GLO tivo remote with learning feature.
Thanks, I may give that a shot.

The new slide will be learning won't it? I may wait for that one to come out. Of course knowing Tivo it will be like fall 2015. :/
TrooperOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
LosAngelesSports

i just got my slide remote and am having the same issue. Everything is connected (all samsung products) but my soundbar wont even though my old regular remote did. How do we fix this?

Edit: tried the Learning mode and it worked great! thanks

Last edited by LosAngelesSports : 11-20-2013 at 05:56 PM.
LosAngelesSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:53 AM   #5
dbattaglia001

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSports View Post
i just got my slide remote and am having the same issue. Everything is connected (all samsung products) but my soundbar wont even though my old regular remote did. How do we fix this?

I've been trying for hours and learning remote fails every time. Learning in dark or light, rounds of new batteries, reset remote and retry...all a waste of time. I am bewildered how Tivo remote is incompatible with a mainstream samsung soundbar. I guess the soundbar will be going back.
dbattaglia001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #6
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbattaglia001 View Post
I've been trying for hours and learning remote fails every time. Learning in dark or light, rounds of new batteries, reset remote and retry...all a waste of time. I am bewildered how Tivo remote is incompatible with a mainstream samsung soundbar. I guess the soundbar will be going back.
Are there any universal remotes out there that can control that soundbar?

Perhaps Samsung is to blame for the incompatibility.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
MARKPIE

Never mind. I swear I didn't see the other tread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSports View Post

I'm curious about the Slide's learning ability. I received a Toshiba Soundbar as a gift and I do like it but the Peanut couldn't do anything with it. I'm looking at the new Slide or a Logitech 650. I'm sure the Logitech could do exactly what I need but was hoping to hear from anyone who has the new Slide and sucessfully programmed the Toshiba sbx425kn.

Last edited by MARKPIE : 01-13-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: duplicate thread
MARKPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #8
poppagene
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbattaglia001 View Post
If others have succeeded, you can too. The learning function is finicky and at times requires persistence and patience.
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #9
dbattaglia001

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppagene View Post
If others have succeeded, you can too. The learning function is finicky and at times requires persistence and patience.
Hours later still No luck. I wonder if it is a fundamental incompatibility with the premiere glow remotes (tried 2 different ones). Perhaps only the slide pro remote learning mode can work with samsung products?
dbattaglia001 is offline   Reply With Quote