TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #91
danterner
Not it!

No we wouldn't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #92
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
No we wouldn't.
I strongly disagree...

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #93
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

You're both utterly wrong!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #94
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I can tell that this was just a so/so episode just based on the traction of this thread. Usually we'd have 3+ pages by now and arguing about something
I thought it was one of the best of the season so far. No prison, no sick people, win!

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #95
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
You're both utterly wrong!
Damn you, Rob....

Back on topic, even critic Alan Sepinwall didn't particularly like this ep -- "...And my overall feelings about "Live Bait" will depend on where the Governor goes from here. If he's just going to be back to figurative mustache-twirling in an episode or two, then this was largely a waste of time. If there's an attempt to turn him into an antagonist who isn't just a pure villain, then this was at least a start, even if it wasn't an especially gripping one."
Old 11-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #96
getreal
postcrastinator

Seeing the dead "walker" stuck in the bathtub, I thought it would be funny to stumble across a dead "walker" hanging from a noose where he had died during autoerotic asphyxiation and then "turned", but couldn't get free of the noose. Or someone who died while on the toilet, and their pants are around their ankles while they shuffle along as a walker LOL!

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #97
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Speaking of the walker in the bathtub, it appeared that he had committed suicide in there by eating a gun. So if he shot himself through the head, wouldn't that be enough to keep him from turning?
Old 11-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #98
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Seeing the dead "walker" stuck in the bathtub, I thought it would be funny to stumble across a dead "walker" hanging from a noose where he had died during autoerotic asphyxiation and then "turned", but couldn't get free of the noose. Or someone who died while on the toilet, and their pants are around their ankles while they shuffle along as a walker LOL!
Sounds like you just want to see walker weiners
Old 11-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #99
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I'm waiting for a toothless walker that's lost his dentures. If they let me write an episode, I'd have him grabbing some unsuspecting arm and trying his best to gnaw while a slow realization dawns on the horrified victim...

meh
Old 11-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #100
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Speaking of the walker in the bathtub, it appeared that he had committed suicide in there by eating a gun. So if he shot himself through the head, wouldn't that be enough to keep him from turning?
Yeah...I wasn't sure about that. I couldn't tell if that was a gun shot wound or if something (a rat) had been chewing on him. Certainly if it was a gsw that killed him, then he shouldn't have turned.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #101
Goober96

Quote:
Yeah...I wasn't sure about that. I couldn't tell if that was a gun shot wound or if something (a rat) had been chewing on him. Certainly if it was a gsw that killed him, then he shouldn't have turned.
Didn't they say in the episode that he was shot by one of the girls but she didn't know to shoot him in the head?
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #102
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Its possible the GSW did not kill him right away or go through his brain, but allowed him to bleed out. Now he is stuck in a bloody slippery tub with no legs, who knows what happened. (We have all seen Final Destination xxx, anything could go wrong.) Eventually he dies and then the big change.
TiVoXL4 - 2TB (1TB external)
Cablevision Raritan Valley, NJ
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #103
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober96 View Post
Didn't they say in the episode that he was shot by one of the girls but she didn't know to shoot him in the head?
It was strange. The gun was in the guy's hand, implying that he shot himself in the chest.

But then the Guv made the conclusion that one of the girls killed him and told her to shoot for the head next time. How he reached that conclusion escapes me. But the girl did not protest, so the implication is that it was not suicide.

Confusing.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #104
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_HB View Post
Its possible the GSW did not kill him right away or go through his brain, but allowed him to bleed out. Now he is stuck in a bloody slippery tub with no legs, who knows what happened. (We have all seen Final Destination xxx, anything could go wrong.) Eventually he dies and then the big change.
That is how I'm leaning. It looked like his face was shot off, which means it could have missed the brain but he died of the blood loss. Either way, it was a strangely arranged scene...why would somebody (let alone sombody with no legs) get into the bathtub to shoot themselves.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #105
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
It was strange. The gun was in the guy's hand, implying that he shot himself in the chest.

But then the Guv made the conclusion that one of the girls killed him and told her to shoot for the head next time. How he reached that conclusion escapes me. But the girl did not protest, so the implication is that it was not suicide.

Confusing.
I think you are mixing up 2 different scense. The father told the Guv that there were walkers up stairs (you could hear them shuffling around) and that his daughter had tried to kill them but they just kept getting up....then later he ask the Guv to go get the backgammon set. I didn't get any indication that those scenes were any way related to each other.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #106
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
why would somebody (let alone sombody with no legs) get into the bathtub to shoot themselves.
I don't think that's so unusual, I actually know of a couple people who did just that. Makes for easier cleanup, I'd guess.

meh
Old 11-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #107
MacThor
Not Pictured

My interpretation (similar to pmyers):

The dad told the governor about the biters upstairs. When the Governor (er, Brian Heriot) went upstairs to retrieve the backgammon set, he may have encountered biters that had been shot by his daughter in the chest.

Are we sure the dad's buddy in the tub was a botched suicide? Maybe he was in the tub hiding from walkers with his gun. Or he got bit and was in the tub trying to cool off from the fever. Maybe he slit his wrists - but that doesn't explain the gun.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #108
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
My interpretation (similar to pmyers):

The dad told the governor about the biters upstairs. When the Governor (er, Brian Heriot) went upstairs to retrieve the backgammon set, he may have encountered biters that had been shot by his daughter in the chest.

Are we sure the dad's buddy in the tub was a botched suicide? Maybe he was in the tub hiding from walkers with his gun. Or he got bit and was in the tub trying to cool off from the fever. Maybe he slit his wrists - but that doesn't explain the gun.
I thought maybe he was originally in the tub to hide, but they specifically showed his face and how it was missing while the rest of the head was intact then they show us the gun. That's what threw me off and makes the scene strange to me. Perhaps it was just decay...I'll have to rewatch the scene.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #109
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Quote:
I thought maybe he was originally in the tub to hide, but they specifically showed his face and how it was missing while the rest of the head was intact then they show us the gun. That's what threw me off and makes the scene strange to me. Perhaps it was just decay...I'll have to rewatch the scene.
If I'm remembering correctly the blood spatter would indicate a suicide shot to the head.

I'm going with 'blew his face off and missed his brain.'
Probably doesn't matter a whit one way or another.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #110
danterner
Not it!

I'm going with 'hit his brain and the show screwed it up - he shouldn't have turned'

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #111
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I figure 2 more months in that Universe and the zombies' bodies will be too badly broken down to be of any threat
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #112
stinkbomb1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I figure 2 more months in that Universe and the zombies' bodies will be too badly broken down to be of any threat
You would think in the current universe...but apparently there is a fresh and constant supply of the recently deceased to keep the living in despair. So hopefully we will be watching TWD for a long time.
stinkbomb1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #113
LaurenLMHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
Nothing like an entire episode of characters I don't give a single bit of a damn about in the least to let me take care of some emails I needed to send.
It took me two attempts to watch this because it was SO boring
LaurenLMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #114
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLMHC View Post
It took me two attempts to watch this because it was SO boring
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this was a waste of time....

XL4