TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #4501
bluecar2

I'm also having no-audio issues with .mkv files since the fall update on my Premiere. Couldn't identify the issue and ended up removing pyTivo and ffmpeg and downloading the latest versions. Problem persisted so I deleted the source files assuming they were bad. If it happens again I'll capture the log files.
bluecar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #4502
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Are you sure these same files played correctly before the update? Not the same type of files, but the exact same files? Can you show me the log of a transfer with this result?
Okay, tested with an older MKV file that I know played properly before the update, and it there is indeed sound. Looks like it must be a problem with the particular MKV file I tried after the update.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #4503
innocentfreak

One issue I have been seeing off and on is the loss of sound on pushed files. It only happens after trickplay, but it will come back if you let it sit for a few seconds. It doesn't happen on every file though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #4504
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
Okay, tested with an older MKV file that I know played properly before the update, and it there is indeed sound. Looks like it must be a problem with the particular MKV file I tried after the update.
I'm still interested to see the log for the file that comes out with no sound, if you can provide it.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #4505
lpwcomp

Note: This is not a problem, just weird.

I finally got a new computer, which is running Win8. I still have my Win2K computer and have pyTiVo running on both. Shares on the Win2k machine are showing up in the HDUI in light blue, with an orange "!" as the icon and with "(DVR)" after the share name. Except for the "(DVR)" which I think appeared with the fall update, this is not new. Shares on the Win8 machine are showing up in bright white, with a tower PC icon and nothing after the share name.

Edit: I realized that besides the obvious ones, there is another difference: The Win2k machine is running TD (2.3) albeit with the server disabled. I have not and do not intend to install TD on the Win8 machine.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"

Last edited by lpwcomp : 11-18-2013 at 04:51 PM.
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #4506
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Shares on the Win2k machine are showing up in the HDUI in light blue, with an orange "!" as the icon and with "(DVR)" after the share name. ... Shares on the Win8 machine are showing up in bright white, with a tower PC icon and nothing after the share name.
Not OS-related, AFAIK. This is a symptom of Zeroconf packets getting through from one machine (Win 8), and not from the other, OR of one machine (Win 8) having only video shares defined, while the other also has music and photo shares (and potentially no Zeroconf packets getting through from either server, but definitely not from the Win 2K system).

Old 11-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #4507
lpwcomp

Quote:
Not OS-related, AFAIK. This is a symptom of Zeroconf packets getting through from one machine (Win 8), and not from the other, OR of one machine (Win 8) having only video shares defined, while the other also has music and photo shares (and potentially no Zeroconf packets getting through from either server, but definitely not from the Win 2K system).
Second scenario was it. Only video shares on the Win 8 machine.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #4508
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

And, do you have Zeroconf disabled intentionally? If not, your network is messed up, because it's dropping those packets.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #4509
lpwcomp

Quote:
And, do you have Zeroconf disabled intentionally? If not, your network is messed up, because it's dropping those packets.
Yes. It is implicitly disabled due to the fact I have specific shares specified for each TiVo on the old machine.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #4510
sptnut
Go Vols!!!!

I've had pytivo on another computer for years and I'm trying to set it up on a different computer (Windows 7). On my old computer when I transferred shows from my tivo to the computer, it was always a .mp4 file. Now when I try to transfer its a .tivo file. What am I doing wrong?
sptnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #4511
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

pyTivo has never output .mp4 files. Perhaps you were using kmttg?

Old 11-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #4512
lpwcomp

There appears to be another advantage to transferring to the TiVo in TS format - it is utilizing the programId most, if not all (I haven't done a lot of testing), of the time. Season, Episode, and all of the other metadata based on it are showing up, even for old series.

example (from a Premiere with the fall update):

The only bad part about this is now I really need to figure out how to navigate the zap2it website via python so I can automate sourcing of the programId.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GAH.jpg (53.8 KB, 281 views)

Old 11-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #4513
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
There appears to be another advantage to transferring to the TiVo in TS format - it is utilizing the programId most, if not all (I haven't done a lot of testing), of the time.
You're saying that's not happening with PS format? And this is with .TiVo files?

Old 11-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #4514
lpwcomp

Quote:
You're saying that's not happening with PS format? And this is with .TiVo files?
No, I'm saying that it happens a lot more often (still not perfect, but pretty close based on the limited amount of testing I have done) if you pull to the TiVo in TS, no matter what the source format is, although I've only actually tested avi, mkv, and mp4.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #4515
sptnut
Go Vols!!!!

Quote:
pyTivo has never output .mp4 files. Perhaps you were using kmttg?
I forgot I had edited my old files. They are in .mpg format now. I guess they were originally transferred as .tivo. What is the difference in TS and PS. Also tivodecode stops working every time I try to select that option.

Last edited by sptnut : 11-19-2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Edited to Correct
sptnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #4516
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Missing Title In NPL

I previously used iTiVo to download recordings. Now I use kmttg. The format of the metadata file is different from that of iTiVo so I'm thinking the order of the data in the file is not important. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Anyway, since making the switch to kmttg, I've discovered that the episode title doesn't show up in the NPL if the programId datum is present. It shows in the list of recordings available to pull from pyTiVo to the THD, but in the NPL, the episode title is not there.

Example:
title : Days of our Lives
seriesTitle : Days of our Lives
description : Sami and Kate intend to stop Nick and Gabi from moving; Gabi learns about Nick's scheming; Sonny and Will fight about Gabi; J.J. decides to make things right between Jennifer and Daniel.
time : 2013-11-25T21:00:00Z
isEpisode : true
episodeTitle : Monday
iso_duration : PT1H1M
originalAirDate : 2013-11-25T00:00:00Z
isEpisodic : true
showingBits : 3
tvRating : x5
episodeNumber : 12220
displayMajorNumber : 12
callsign : KPNX
seriesId : SH001189
programId : EP0011893572
vActor : Alfonso|Kristian
vActor : Aniston|John
vActor : Banus|Camila
vActor : Berris|Blake
vActor : Christian|Shawn
vActor : Davidson|Eileen
vActor : Dattilo|Bryan
vActor : Deidrick|Casey Jon
vActor : Evans|Mary Beth
vActor : Gering|Galen
vActor : Hall|Deidre
vActor : Hogestyn|Drake
vActor : Koslow|Lauren
vActor : Kurth|Wally
vActor : Mansi|Kate
vActor : Martsolf|Eric
vActor : Mascolo|Joseph
vActor : McCay|Peggy
vActor : Moss|Casey
vActor : Owens|Nathan
vProgramGenre : Soap Opera
vSeriesGenre : Soap Opera
vSeriesGenre : Daytime

If I remove the programId line, the title, in this case "Monday", shows in NPL after transfer to the THD.

Note: Days of Our Lives no longer has an episodeTitle that can be extracted by kmttg so I add it myself.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #4517
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi View Post
Note: Days of Our Lives no longer has an episodeTitle that can be extracted by kmttg so I add it myself.
That would be why it doesn't show up.

programId causes the TiVo (in HDUI mode only, IIRC) to source all the program attributes from its own database, instead of using the user-provided data.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 AM   #4518
lpwcomp

Quote:

programId causes the TiVo (in HDUI mode only, IIRC) to source all the program attributes from its own database, instead of using the user-provided data.
It definitely gets episode title, description, Categories, Season #, Episode #, and Rating based on the programId. I don't think it gets credits nor OAD.

to Marconi: Sorry about the confusion in the kmttg thread. I didn't realize you were creating an episode title where none existed.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #4519
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:

HDUI, as in series 4+? That does not explain why this is the case on my THDs. Perhaps this behavior goes back further than you think.

Days of Our Lives stopped providing the episodeTitle datum long ago and I have been providing it myself without problems while using iTiVo to download "Days". With the switch to kmttg as my downloader and its different metadata format, including new data not provided by iTiVo, that's when the episodeTitle I added stopped showing up on the THD it was transferred back to.

Well, at least I know why programId makes episodeTitle not show up. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #4520
thedan04

Exclamation Share is visible, however push fails and my share is empty on the Tivo

Hello All,

I have recently dug my series 3 Tivo out of the closet and want to again use pyTivo to push home movies to the device. I have encountered an issue that I have not been able to overcome and your experience and insight would be most appreciated in helping me find the solution. I have searched for several hours on google and not found symptoms similar to what I am seeing, which leads me to believe
I am overlooking something very simple, or there is an issue that might not be directly related to pyTivo, such as ffmpeg or another
program or library on my system.

I have tested the settings and options in the pyTivo.conf.dist file (copied into pyTivo.conf and edited where appropriate), I have also tested options available in zeroconf with this set to auto and on with no change to the symptom. My Tivo can see the share, however not any video files in the share. When I attempt to push, whether mp4, mpeg or m4v file type, the symptom is identical, nothing is logged after "</subscribeResult>g" refer to the snippet of my log file below:

{'cams_security_domain': 'tivocom', 'cams_login_config': 'http', 'cams_cb_password': '<hidden>', 'cams_original_url': '/mind/mind7?type=infoGet', 'cams_cb_username': '<hidden>'}
DEBUG:pyTivo mind:pcBodySearch
{}.

<pcBodyList><isBottom>true</isBottom><isTop>true</isTop><pcBody><bucketNumber>-1</bucketNumber><levelOfDetail>low</levelOfDetail><name>pyTivo</name><pcBodyId>tivo:pc.1001587021</pcBodyId><type>pcBody</type></pcBody></pcBodyList>g
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:bodyOfferModify&bodyId=tsn:<hidden>
{'description': '', 'pcBodyId': 'tivo:pc.1001587021', 'publishDate': '2013-11-26 14:1028', 'partnerId': 'tivo:pt.3187', 'duration': 126, 'size': 34704780, 'title': 'Hope vs. Joshu Bigg', 'url': '<link removed to allow posting> Format=video/mp4', 'bodyId': 'tsn:<hidden>, 'source': 'Hope vs. Joshu Bigg', 'state': 'complete', 'encodingType': 'avcL41MP4', 'tvRating': 'nr'}

<bodyOffer><bodyId>tsn:<hidden></bodyId><bodyOfferId>tivo:bo.15000051</bodyOfferId><createDate>2013-11-26 14:10:29</createDate><description /><duration>126</duration><encodingType>avcL41MP4</encodingType><levelOfDetail>high</levelOfDetail><offerId>tivo:of.bs.15000051</offerId><partnerId>tivo:pt.3187</partnerId><pcBodyId>tivo:pc.1001587021</pcBodyId><publishDate>2013-11-27 07:08:00</publishDate><size>34704780</size><source>Hope vs. Joshu Bigg</source><state>complete</state><title>Hope vs. Joshu Bigg</title><tvRating>nr</tvRating><updateDate>2013-11-26 14:10:29</updateDate><url><link removed to allow posting> Format=video/mp4</url></bodyOffer>g

Hello All,

I have recently dug my series 3 Tivo out of the closet and want to again use pyTivo to push home movies to the device. I have encountered an issue that I have not been able to overcome and your experience and insight would be most appreciated in helping me find the solution. I have searched for several hours on google and not found symptoms similar to what I am seeing, which leads me to believe
I am overlooking something very simple, or there is an issue that might not be directly related to pyTivo, such as ffmpeg or another
program or library on my system.

I have tested the settings and options in the pyTivo.conf.dist file (copied into pyTivo.conf and edited where appropriate), I have also tested options available in zeroconf with this set to auto and on with no change to the symptom. My Tivo can see the share, however not any video files in the share. When I attempt to push, whether mp4, mpeg or m4v file type, the symptom is identical, nothing is logged after "</subscribeResult>g" refer to the snippet of my log file below:

{'cams_security_domain': 'tivocom', 'cams_login_config': 'http', 'cams_cb_password': '<hidden>', 'cams_original_url': '/mind/mind7?type=infoGet', 'cams_cb_username': '<hidden>'}
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:pcBodySearch
{}

<pcBodyList><isBottom>true</isBottom><isTop>true</isTop><pcBody><bucketNumber>-1</bucketNumber><levelOfDetail>low</levelOfDetail><name>pyTivo</name><pcBodyId>tivo:pc.1001587021</pcBodyId><type>pcBody</type></pcBody></pcBodyList>g
DEBUG:pyTivo.mind:bodyOfferModify&bodyId=tsn:<hidden>
{'description': '', 'pcBodyId': 'tivo:pc.1001587021', 'publishDate': '2013-11-26 14:1028', 'partnerId': 'tivo:pt.3187', 'duration': 126, 'size': 34704780, 'title': 'Hope vs. Joshu Bigg', 'url': <link removed to allow posting> Format=video/mp4', 'bodyId': 'tsn:64800018023E8E0', 'source': 'Hope vs. Joshu Bigg', 'state': 'complete', 'encodingType': 'avcL41MP4', 'tvRating': 'nr'}

<bodyOffer><bodyId>tsn:<hidden></bodyId><bodyOfferId>tivo:bo.15000051</bodyOfferId><createDate>2013-11-26 14:10:29</createDate><description /><duration>126</duration><encodingType>avcL41MP4</encodingType><levelOfDetail>high</levelOfDetail><offerId>tivo:of.bs.15000051</offerId><partnerId>tivo:pt.3187</partnerId><pcBodyId>tivo:pc.1001587021</pcBodyId><publishDate>2013-11-27 07:08:00</publishDate><size>34704780</size><source>Hope vs. Joshu Bigg</source><state>complete</state><title>Hope vs. Joshu Bigg</title><tvRating>nr</tvRating><updateDate>2013-11-26 14:10:29</updateDate><url><link removed to allow posting> 9032/MyMovies/Hope%20vs.%20Joshu%20Bigg.mp4?Format=video/mp4</url></bodyOffer>g

Thank you in advance for your advice and assistance.

Thedan04
thedan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #4521
lpwcomp

Quote:
HDUI, as in series 4+? That does not explain why this is the case on my THDs. Perhaps this behavior goes back further than you think.

Days of Our Lives stopped providing the episodeTitle datum long ago and I have been providing it myself without problems while using iTiVo to download "Days". With the switch to kmttg as my downloader and its different metadata format, including new data not provided by iTiVo, that's when the episodeTitle I added stopped showing up on the THD it was transferred back to.

Well, at least I know why programId makes episodeTitle not show up. Thanks.
Based on a small amount of testing, here's what I think is happening:

Even on a THD, it looks to see if the programId exists on the TiVo. In the NPL, the guide, and possibly history. If it exists, the information for that entry is used.

My suggestion for you would be to comment out the programId when you add the title.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #4522
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Thedan04: It could be a firewall problem. Make sure port 9032 (or other, if defined) is open.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #4523
thedan04

Quote:
Thedan04: It could be a firewall problem. Make sure port 9032 (or other, if defined) is open.

UPDATE:

It was the firewall. I started iptables and explicitly set a rule to allow tcp traffic on port 9032 and the videos became available. For some reason, even though IPtables was stopped, the traffic was not getting through. Thank you wmcbrine!!

IPtables is stopped on my desktop for testing purposes and the tivo and desktop are on the same network.

# netstat -ntlp
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:9032 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 4027/python

Port 9032 is listening on my desktop. Should I be able to access port 9032 on the tivo? (Also I assume the protocol is tcp).

I can access port 80 and receive the default web page there. I do not currently have a cable source to record content from. If needed for testing purposes I could probably hook my cam corder to the rca inputs and record that way to see if I can retrieve content from the tivo. Let me know if that or other testing would be helpful.

Thank you for the prompt response.

Last edited by thedan04 : 11-26-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: My initial response was not entirely accurate.
thedan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #4524
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Based on a small amount of testing, here's what I think is happening:

Even on a THD, it looks to see if the programId exists on the TiVo. In the NPL, the guide, and possibly history. If it exists, the information for that entry is used.

My suggestion for you would be to comment out the programId when you add the title.
I've often wondered if there were a character to designate a comment in metadata files. Is it "#"?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #4525
lpwcomp

Quote:
I've often wondered if there were a character to designate a comment in metadata files. Is it "#"?
Yes. If the first character of a line in the metadata file is "#", the line is ignored.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #4526
xekester

Issue retrieving Movie Share

Using pyTivo, lately my Premier TiVo has been unable to retrieve my Movies share from my NAS. It does retrieve other shares from the same source though sometimes these
can fail on the first attempt. Subsequent attempts for these other shares usually succeed. Repeated attempts for Movies does not work. Only error I see is on the TiVo - unable
to retrieve list because it is unavailable. No error is recorded in pyTivo's log.

Here's a successful retrieve for HomeMovies share followed by an unsuccessful retrieve for Movies share:

2013-12-08 19:48:33,894 INFO pyTivo: 127.0.0.1 [08/Dec/2013 19:48:33] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Movies HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 19:48:34,332 INFO pyTivo: 127.0.0.1 [08/Dec/2013 19:48:34] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:07,016 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:07] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:12,930 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:12] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=HomeMovies&Recu rse=
Yes&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=8&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*&SerialNum=7500001903B530E HTTP/1.1" 200 -

2013-12-08 20:18:12,992 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:12] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg-ts HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:13,069 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg-ts HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:13,164 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg-ts HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:13,256 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg-ts HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:13,319 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg-ts HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:13,398 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg-ts HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:13,490 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg-ts HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:13,569 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg-ts HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:27,328 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:27] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg HTTP/1.1" 200 -
2013-12-08 20:18:59,496 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:59] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Movies&Recurse=
Yes&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=8&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*&SerialNum=7500001903B530E HTTP/1.1" 200 -

As a test, using a browser, I execute "http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Movies" and that does bring back what appears to be a complete XML list of Movies.

My pyTivo.config:
[Server]
beacon = 192.168.1.255
temp = C:\pytivo\temp
tdcat = C:\pytivo\bin\tivodecode\tdcat.exe
debug = on
tivo_password = XXXXXXX
tivo_mak = XXXXX
tivo_username = XXXXX
ts = on
togo_path = \\DiskStation\video\Tivo
ffmpeg = C:\pytivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
tivodecode = C:\pytivo\bin\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[loggers]
type = music
keys = root

[handlers]
type = music
keys = console,rotfile

[formatters]
type = music
keys = basicform

[logger_root]
level = DEBUG
handlers = console,rotfile
type = music

[handler_console]
class = StreamHandler
args = (sys.stdout,)
formatter = basicform
type = music

[handler_rotfile]
args = ('C:\pytivo\Log\debug.log', 'a', 10485760, 5)
class = handlers.RotatingFileHandler
formatter = basicform
type = music

[formatter_basicform]
type = music
format = %(asctime)s %(levelname)-5s %(name)s: %(message)s

[Music]
type = music
path = \\Diskstation\Music\iTunes\Music

[TVShows]
force_alpha = on
path = \\Diskstation\video\TVShows
type = video

[HomeMovies]
path = \\Diskstation\video\HomeMovies
force_alpha = on
type = video

[TestMovies]
force_alpha = on
type = video
path = \\Diskstation\video\TestMovies

[Movies]
type = video
path = \\Diskstation\video\Movies
force_alpha = on

Any ideas how I can try to debug/resolve this? Is it a metadata problem? Any tips for finding metadata issues (I have over 400+ videos)?

Thanks,
Xekester

Last edited by xekester : 12-08-2013 at 08:53 PM.
xekester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #4527
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekester View Post
2013-12-08 20:18:59,496 INFO pyTivo: 192.168.1.153 [08/Dec/2013 20:18:59] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=Movies&Recurse=
This is doing a recursive search. Am I right in assuming that there are subfolders here (not 400 files in one directory)? If so, I'd try turning off the recursive search -- i.e., turning on folders -- press 2. See if that narrows down the problem any.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #4528
xekester

Issue retrieving Movie Share -Part 2

Yes, share folder directories are generally ordered as follows (for use by other media streamers):

Movie folder 1
........Movie 1
Movie folder 2
........Movie 2

Setting folders almost fixes it...
With folders on, all of the movies in the share show up except LOR 123 (six disk set).
The folder structure containing these are:

Lord of the Rings
........Fellowship
................Fellowship Part 1 movie
................Fellowship Part 2 movie
........Two Towers
................Two Towers Part 1 movie
................Two Towers Part 2 movie
........Return of The King
................Return of The King Part 1 movie
................Return of The King Part 2 movie

With folders on, the first and second level directors are displayed; The third
level directories (That contain the actual movies) display a blank scrollable
screen. Scrolling up/down continues to display a blank screen.
So, it seems that a two level hierarchy is OK, three is not.

Also, unfortunately, turning on folders as a solution is a non-starter -low WAF

Thanks,
Xekester

Last edited by xekester : 12-09-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: clarifications
xekester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #4529
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It's not the number of levels. It could be, as you suggested earlier, a metadata issue. Now that you have it narrowed down to six files (three folders), try temporarily removing or renaming the metadata files from one of those folders, and see if that fixes it. If it does, post the offending metadata here so I can test it. If it doesn't, try looking at the specs of these files with ffmpeg -i filename.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #4530
xekester

Issue Retrieving Movie Share - Part 3

Removing all of the non-movie files from the directory made no difference.

Not sure how to rum ffmpeg in this case. pyTivo is running on a win7 machine, the movie files are on a Synology NAS. I typically access these files with paths like \\DiskStation\video\Movies\...

Windows cmd window does not let me change to a directory with a pathname like that.

If it helps, here's the MediaInfo version of the info for the first two files: SEE Post #4531 - for ffmpeg -I output

Fellowship Part1
General
Unique ID : 85924609202925646838232484770013463708 (0x40A47A4FF1FF8E3ABEA68E686A6F449C)
Complete name : \\DiskStation\video\Movies\Lord_Of_The_Rings,_The\The_Fellow ship_of_the_Ring_(2001)\The_Fellowship_of_the_Ring_(2001) [part 1 of 2].mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 26.7 GiB
Duration : 1h 45mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 36.2 Mbps
Movie name : THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING (EXT.) PT. 1
Encoded date : UTC 2012-01-06 03:41:47
Writing application : MakeMKV v1.7.0 win(x64-release)
Writing library : libmakemkv v1.7.0 (1.2.0/1.1.0) win(x64-release)

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=10
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / Core
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : 7 channels / 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: C, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
Title : Lossless

Audio #2
ID : 3
Format profile : ES
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 509 Kbps
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: C, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.11 GiB (4%)
Title : 3/2+1
Default : No

Text #1
ID : 4
Format : PGS
Codec ID : S_HDMV/PGS
Codec ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs

Text #2
ID : 6

Text #3
ID : 8

Text #4
ID : 10

Text #5
ID : 12

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:Chapter 00
00:07:36.789 : en:Chapter 01
00:10:35.551 : en:Chapter 02
00:15:39.855 : en:Chapter 03
00:19:58.488 : en:Chapter 04
00:25:32.614 : en:Chapter 05
00:29:57.378 : en:Chapter 06
00:32:10.678 : en:Chapter 07
00:34:51.798 : en:Chapter 08
00:36:18.176 : en:Chapter 09
00:45:04.159 : en:Chapter 10
00:46:44.301 : en:Chapter 11
00:51:21.411 : en:Chapter 12
00:55:12.434 : en:Chapter 13
00:57:30.071 : en:Chapter 14
01:03:31.516 : en:Chapter 15
01:07:16.115 : en:Chapter 16
01:08:53.587 : en:Chapter 17
01:10:35.940 : en:Chapter 18
01:15:15.385 : en:Chapter 19
01:17:46.620 : en:Chapter 20
01:24:11.546 : en:Chapter 21
01:26:12.500 : en:Chapter 22
01:29:41.584 : en:Chapter 23
01:33:14.672 : en:Chapter 24
01:35:54.081 : en:Chapter 25
01:37:32.972 : en:Chapter 26

Fellowship Part 2
General
Unique ID : 4948953316243189625061446719106071836 (0x3B9223CAFEA61188585C036A3323D1C)
Complete name : \\DiskStation\video\Movies\Lord_Of_The_Rings,_The\The_Fellow ship_of_the_Ring_(2001)\The_Fellowship_of_the_Ring_(2001) [part 2 of 2].mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 31.0 GiB
Duration : 2h 2mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 36.2 Mbps
Movie name : THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING (EXT.) PT. 2
Encoded date : UTC 2012-01-06 04:09:30
Writing application : MakeMKV v1.7.0 win(x64-release)
Writing library : libmakemkv v1.7.0 (1.2.0/1.1.0) win(x64-release)

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format profile : MA / Core
Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 Kbps
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
Title : Lossless

Audio #2
ID : 3
Format profile : ES
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 509 Kbps
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.29 GiB (4%)
Title : 3/2+1

Text #1
ID : 4