TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
cbrrider

Series 3 OLED loses Roamio on MRV Now Playing List

Hello all.

I have a Series 3 OLED connected to an Xfinity router via TiVo's wireless G USB Wifi adapter (I've also had it connected with TiVo's wireless N adapter with same results). I have a Roamio Plus connected to the same Xfinity router via ethernet.

The Series 3 initially sees the Roamio on the MRV Now Playing List after rebooting the Series 3, but after 5 minutes or so, the Roamio disappears from the now playing list.

I'm able to transfer shows in their entirety from the Roamio to the Series 3 if I catch the Roamio on the Now Playing List after rebooting. The transfer continues even after the Roamio disappears off the Now Playing List.

The Roamio can always see and transfer shows from the Series 3, even when the Series 3 can't see the Roamio.

The Series 3 can see TiVo Desktop server and pyTiVo without problems. I'm able to transfer shows from both units using kmttg without problems.

Multi-room viewing is enabled on all my TiVos with "a,a,a,a" and "a,a,a" displaying on the TiVoToGo field on the system information screen for the Roamio and Series 3 respectively.

I've had two Series 3 OLED previously, with the same router setup and they saw each other without issue.

I activated the Roamio just over a month ago, and I hoped with subsequent service updates that this problem would be solved, but to date this problem persists.

Does anyone else have a similar problem and any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks.
DSR6000
DSR7000
HDVR2 x 2
Roamio Plus Lifetime
cbrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
A J Ricaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrider View Post
Multi-room viewing is enabled on all my TiVos with "a,a,a,a" and "a,a,a" displaying on the TiVoToGo field on the system information screen for the Roamio and Series 3 respectively.

I've had two Series 3 OLED previously, with the same router setup and they saw each other without issue.

I activated the Roamio just over a month ago, and I hoped with subsequent service updates that this problem would be solved, but to date this problem persists.

Does anyone else have a similar problem and any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks.
I have the exact same problem, the only difference being that the Series 3 is wired. I emailed Tivo support and they told me to disable multi viewing, wait awhile, then reboot the boxes. Go back and re-enable multi view, wait again, then reboot the boxes. Long story short--still not working.

I wonder if it has something to do withe Roamios having a,a,a,a and the Series 3 having only a,a,a,?

Maybe somebody here can help?
A J Ricaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
A J Ricaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by A J Ricaud View Post
I have the exact same problem, the only difference being that the Series 3 is wired. I emailed Tivo support and they told me to disable "video sharing", wait awhile, then reboot the boxes. Go back and re-enable video sharing, wait again, then reboot the boxes. Long story short--still not working.

I wonder if it has something to do withe Roamios having a,a,a,a and the Series 3 having only a,a,a,?

Maybe somebody here can help?
Any Tivo gurus out there with any suggestions?
Old 11-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
worachj

Sometimes, the TiVoís seem to have problems keeping track of other network TiVoís and their associated IP addresses. Iíve found two methods that usually fix the problem when this happens to me.

Reset the IP address by going into the Network menu on the TiVo and selecting the Change network settings => Change Ethernet or wireless => and have the TiVo automatically get address from DHCP server. This usually just generates the same IP address as used before but it fixes the problem.

Or

Resetting entire network by turning off your router and all devices (TiVoís) and then restarting everything one at a time with the router being the first device started.

I think TiVo is losing track of the other network TiVoís and needs to be forced to re-acquire the other TiVoís on the network. It is not a DHCP server problem, but a TiVo problem. Thatís why your other programs like Desktop and pyTiVo work correctly and itís only the TiVoís that are having problems.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
cbrrider

Rebooting allows the Series 3 OLED to see the Roamio, but only temporarily. 5 minutes later the Roamio disappears. I've assigned Static IP addresses to all the TiVos.
DSR6000
DSR7000
HDVR2 x 2
Roamio Plus Lifetime
Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
A J Ricaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrider View Post
Rebooting allows the Series 3 OLED to see the Roamio, but only temporarily. 5 minutes later the Roamio disappears. I've assigned Static IP addresses to all the TiVos.
Same problem even after assigning Static IPs?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
cbrrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by A J Ricaud View Post
Same problem even after assigning Static IPs?
Yes, same problem. Roamio disappears from the Now Playing List after 5 minutes or so.

I experimented with running a long ethernet cord directly from the Xfinity router to the Series 3, and with that, the Roamio stays on the Now Playing List.

But, if I use the wireless G or N TiVo adapters, the Roamio drops off the Now Playing List after about 5 minutes.
DSR6000
DSR7000
HDVR2 x 2
Roamio Plus Lifetime
Old 11-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
mattack

Mention the problem on Tivo's own forums.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #9
cbrrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Mention the problem on Tivo's own forums.
Done.
DSR6000
DSR7000
HDVR2 x 2
Roamio Plus Lifetime
Old 01-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #10
sayremr

MRV from Roamio to Series 3 Tivo HD Still not Working

I have a similar problem. I cannot transfer shows from the Roamio to the Tivo HD (series 3). I am not sure I get the exact same symptom of seeing the Roamio for 5 minutes on the now playing list before it disappears though.

I called Tivo tech support today. I learned that this is a known issue between Series 5 Tivos (Roamios) and Series 3 Tivos (Tivo HD). The Roamio can see the Tivo HD and transfer shows, but the converse does not work.

Apparently a fix is in the works but there is no timeline on when it will roll out.
sayremr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #11
Tex94

I had the same problem but once I switched to a MOCA network that went away. Now I see all Tivos at all times
Tex94 is offline   Reply With Quote