TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
ADG
Allan

"Record" From Guide Now Requires Two Steps

I posted this in the update topic but it's clearly going to be lost in that 22 page thread. This is not a huge issue, but it's a bit annoying. Since the most recent TiVo update I need two steps to set a recording from the guide. After the previous update, if I opened the guide, chose a program and pressed "select" the program would immediately be set to record. Now a dialog box comes up requiring confirmation to record the program (this is the way it was BEFORE the previous update). Why would TiVo go back to requiring two steps to record rather than the much simpler one step??? And is there a shortcut to reinstate the one-step record? Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
mattack

Do you mean the grid guide?

Do you mean RECORD button and not select? IIRC, won't the record button do it in one step? I sure thought there was still a way to get a one step record.

I personally almost always go to 'season pass and other options' just so I can get to the padding options, so it's even more of a pain (but has always been so).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
ADG
Allan

The standard guide (channels on left, programming on right) using the Select button. Prior to the new update, just pressing Select put a check mark next to the program and it was set to record (that was implemented in the update prior to this one). Candidly, I haven't tried using the Record button yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
ADG
Allan

Just checked and it's the same with the record button. A dialog box comes up.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
mattack

Weird, I'd never known that you could set the show to record with just one button press, in a previous update.. then again, as I said, I basically always add padding, unless it causes conflicts..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote