TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #31
Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi View Post
Is MoCA a standard such that all MoCA devices can talk to each other regardless of brand?
Yes.

It's like using ethernet over powerline adapters, except the nature of coax cables makes them nearly invulnerable to EM interference and they do not lose signal over a great distance.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #32
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

TiVo With Actiontec MoCA?

I'm going to add a Roamio to my network which, until this point, has used Actiontec MoCA routers for my THDs with Ethernet. Will the Roamio MoCA be able to network with the Actiontecs? Anyone tried this yet?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #33
JosephB

Quote:
I'm going to add a Roamio to my network which, until this point, has used Actiontec MoCA routers for my THDs with Ethernet. Will the Roamio MoCA be able to network with the Actiontecs? Anyone tried this yet?
Yes, it will work fine.

Former: S1, S2 TiVos, UltimateTV, SD DirecTiVo (x3), SA 8300HD w/Passport Echo, DirecTV HR-24 (x2) , DISH 722k, DirecTV Genie + 2 mini
JosephB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #34
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Yep. My Roamio Pro is using MoCA, which goes through an ActionTec to get to my router (and I still have an old Netgear MoCA adapter on the network still as well).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote