TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
bmgoodman

Power Circle Brightness

Is the green circle that shows when the Roamio Pro is on *supposed* to dim a few minutes after leaving Standby? It gets pretty faint, while the orange, blue, and red ones seem to stay at full brightness.

Just making sure I don't have a problematic LED.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoodman View Post
Is the green circle that shows when the Roamio Pro is on *supposed* to dim a few minutes after leaving Standby? It gets pretty faint, while the orange, blue, and red ones seem to stay at full brightness.

Just making sure I don't have a problematic LED.
Mine has never dimmed. Either with my first Roamio pro or my current replacement Roamio pro. They are actually too bright for me. i used Light Dims on them to reduce the brightness. Especailly from the amber one that blinks everytime there is a button press on the remote. That one was the worst for me since the flashing would draw my attention away from the TV.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
bmgoodman

Mystery solved. The green power light has completely quit! I just hope that's not a sign of anything else with the box. I've put *way* too much time transferring dozens of shows from my old Tivo to return this one.

Now I wonder if there's anything to be gained from opening up the case to take a look. I'm concerned about my warranty, though. Would anyone care to talk about how those lights connect to the motherboard? Or maybe post a picture, please?

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
ltxi

Quote:
Mystery solved. The green power light has completely quit! I just hope that's not a sign of anything else with the box. I've put *way* too much time transferring dozens of shows from my old Tivo to return this one.

Now I wonder if there's anything to be gained from opening up the case to take a look. I'm concerned about my warranty, though. Would anyone care to talk about how those lights connect to the motherboard? Or maybe post a picture, please?

Thanks!
Can't speak to whether or not opening the case would do any good, but it won't void your warranty.
ltxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
Can't speak to whether or not opening the case would do any good, but it won't void your warranty.
Unless you blab to TiVo that you did it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
bmgoodman

Has anybody looked at the front panel closely? I haven't found any good pictures yet.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
ltxi

Yeah, I forgot. You're supposed to tell them if you did.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
ltxi

Quote:
Has anybody looked at the front panel closely? I haven't found any good pictures yet.
Take your T10 torx driver, remove the four screws on the back, take off the sheet metal case,.... a one minute job if you're slow.... and look at it.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Unless you blab to TiVo that you did it.
Quote:
Yeah, I forgot. You're supposed to tell them if you did.
No! You don't say ANYTHING to TiVo about opening the box if you call in for support.
You play dumb, or they will automatically exclude you from getting support.

The only way they can know if you have opened up your TiVo is if you have a hard drive in it that is larger than what was put in at the factory (they see this through the logs).
I suppose they could also assume you had the box open if you were to send it back to them and they notice it wasn't put back together just right.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
ltxi

Deep breath, dude.

As posted elsewhere.....I just replaced a sick Roamio Plus that I'd upgraded with a 3TB drive. Dropped the original drive back in before shipping it back and all is well.

I even discussed this with the service rep when she was trouble shooting to see if it was a drive problem. TiVo no longer cares, if they ever did, about opening the box and drive replacements. They only care about stupid and abuse....whatever that entails.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #11
aaronwt
HD Addict

I noticed that the Blue circle on my Roamio Basic isn't lit properly. Half of the circle is bright and the other half is very dim. I hope it is just that the led placement is off a bit. Otherwise, as long as it doesn't go out, I'm fine with it.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #12
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Deep breath, dude.
It's all good. I posted that more for anyone else coming across this thread.
Not all CS reps are created equal. You just got one of the more lenient ones.
There's a reason it's called customer service roulette.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
ltxi

You're right. Someone might have taken me seriously. The rep I spoke with was local and both friendly and sane. I wouldn't generally advise telling TiVo cs anything about opening the case.