TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #721
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
comskip doesn't work for me on iTiVo, it seems. The download/transfer just pauses.

Here's a link to cTiVo, thanks for the heads up, bruiz!

http://code.google.com/p/ctivo/
cTiVo looks promising, but I am having better results with com skip in iTivo.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #722
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Odd. Last time I tried iTiVo with comskip enabled, it got stuck on that step.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #723
javabird

I tried a couple of TV shows in both apps. The commercials were mostly still in the shows downloaded with cTivo, but when I used iTivo for the same shows iTivo had better results on cutting the commercials.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #724
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Strange, considering (I think?) they both use the same "comskip" program to do the deed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #725
javabird

It is strange, I don't understand why it would make any difference.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #726
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabird View Post
It is strange, I don't understand why it would make any difference.
Check/compare comskip.ini in each.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #727
sevenx7

I'll be giving this a try today! looks awesome thanks!
sevenx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #728
djsnyc

Hours to transfer 1 show--what am i doing wrong

hello, thanks to cautionespn for the workaround, enabled me to start transferring file, previously"unable to download". BUT---it's been going on for 5 hours already, and still 1-1/2 hours away from finishing step 3 of 3. chose Mped-2 as file format; plan to view on my MacBook. Should i use one of the other file formats for a quicker transfer? thanks for the advice for this transfer newbie!
djsnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #729
jerry7171

I'm fairly new to iTiVo and decided to give it a whirl. I've used KMTTG since last fall when I purchased my TiVo but being the foolhardy guy that I am, I thought I'd give iTiVo a try.

I like the interface, how thoughtfully it is designed and the polished appearance.

I carefully set iTiVo up as instructed to work around recent difficulties experienced by other users. To my delight but puzzlement, iTiVo came to life, but it immediately complained that it couldn't see my TiVo. I double-checked everything, tried again and just ignored the message and hit 'Okay.'

My TiVo popped right up and after a moment, all the programming scrolled down. Excellent! I lined up a bunch of programming in queue, began the downloading and hardly had I sipped my Coke than I was told that the connection had been lost. I hit 'Okay' and it was back again, but now I had a "Waiting for TiVo" bubble and no way to dismiss it.

Yet a moment after that, the download began anew, but all the way from the beginning, essentially starting all over from scratch.

I don't have an option to plug a line in from my Mini to the TiVo Premiere across the house so I'm doing it wirelessly. I never had an issue with a wireless connection to download TiVo programming before. Is there something I'm overlooking or messing up?
jerry7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #730
mackworth

@javabird, in developing cTiVo, we did find a problem with our compilation of the 64bit version of comskip, which has been fixed. (Our first version was skipping commercials in the first 32MB of the file.)
mackworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #731
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackworth View Post
@javabird, in developing cTiVo, we did find a problem with our compilation of the 64bit version of comskip, which has been fixed. (Our first version was skipping commercials in the first 32MB of the file.)
Aah, that explains it. I'll try the newest version again. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #732
misspinky

Love the sound of iTivo and would love to give it whirl. Is it available to Australian Tivo users?
misspinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #733
mackworth

Both iTiVo and the newer cTiVo should work the same for the Australian TiVo; haven't heard of any differences in its support for offloading videos. Give it a try and let us know if you have a problem.
mackworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #734
skyvue

The accursed red C

cTivo sees my TivoHD on my network, while iTivo doesn't.

But 99% of the listed programs have the red C and are unavailable to me. (I'm a Time Warner Cable customer in NYC.)

Is there a workaround out there anywhere for this? I have no intention of illegally redistributing the programs or anything; I just want to watch them on my computer or iphone when traveling.
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #735
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
cTivo sees my TivoHD on my network, while iTivo doesn't.

But 99% of the listed programs have the red C and are unavailable to me. (I'm a Time Warner Cable customer in NYC.)

Is there a workaround out there anywhere for this? I have no intention of illegally redistributing the programs or anything; I just want to watch them on my computer or iphone when traveling.
iTivo works for me but there is a lag. You have to click Connect and then wait for it to load. cTivo is much faster.

Unfortunately, there isn't a solution for the red problem, unless you have a Tivo stream I guesss (I don't have one so can't vouch for that solution).
Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #736
jimccjr

Download from Tivo Stops Before Completion

Two nights ago, (11/15/2013), Tivo pushed an update to my Tivo box. Since then, iTivo downloads pause at around 50%. Eventually, iTivo stops trying and the resulting file is incomplete. Anyone else having this issue?

Also, no one has posted to this forum in awhile. Is anyone still using iTivo? Has everyone switched to another application I don't know about?

Thanks!
jimccjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #737
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Try ctivo: https://code.google.com/p/ctivo/

Old 11-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #738
jimccjr

Download From Tivo Stops Before Completion

Update:

I have now tried iTivo, cTivo, and kmttg all with the exact same result.
Shows that are one hour in length (roughly 5000MG) only download to 50% (or 30 min). I have tried all three downloaders (above). I have power-cycled the Tivo, airport, etc.

I did NOT have this issue until recently so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the update that Tivo pushed out two nights ago (11/15). Is anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #739
jimccjr

Update 2: After further experimentation, this issue only happens with certain episodes and not all. I'm guessing it has to do with some glitch with the original file…or the way it was saved to my Tivo box. Hmmmm….
Old 11-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #740
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimccjr View Post
Two nights ago, (11/15/2013),

... Is anyone still using iTivo? Has everyone switched to another application I don't know about?

Thanks!
I'm still using iTivo but am considering a switch to kmttg, since the latter is still under development while iTiVo is not.

I had to downgrade the OS on one Mac to make iTiVo work better. I'm just guessing that KMTTG runs on the latest OS X Mavericks.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #741
jimccjr

I have been using cTivo all day since Fofer recommended it to me earlier (scroll up).

It works great! I've tried all three and cTivo is a lot more user friendly than kmttg in my opinion.