TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #31
nws alpine

This is some great news. I went through those steps again last night and didn't get the update. Will try again later tonight. If not I will get another card on Saturday to see if that one gets the update.
nws alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #32
nws alpine

Also just rebooting the Roamio will reset back to 6 tuners if the code is not working.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #33
tomhorsley

Its twue! Its twue! My Premier's cable card now has the new firmware. I was able to channel surf through my whole lineup without an error (a dozen channel changes was the absolute max before). I may actually consider getting a Roamio now that I see the Premier working.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #34
nws alpine

Still no luck here. I might just go to swap the card again tomorrow. Still stuck on 1401 and no channels. I get the cp auth and card is locked. Still get the card not staged status.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #35
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nws alpine View Post
Still no luck here. I might just go to swap the card again tomorrow. Still stuck on 1401 and no channels. I get the cp auth and card is locked. Still get the card not staged status.
Maybe you need to power cycle the TiVo? I've had a cron job doing that every morning at 2:00am for a while now, so if it was waiting for a new boot it would have gotten one this morning. I gotta remember to turn off that cron job come to think of it.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #36
nws alpine

I reboot it often. Doing some research it looks like my issue lies with the card not being staged properly. The cards sit at the service center and often are dropped from the headend. One suggestion is to have the front desk person run the card back to the techs and re stage the card properly. In the DVR diagnostics the firmware upgrade status is "Not Upgrading". It's not setup correctly so it won't push out the firmware.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #37
aridon

If you are in the clear for a couple of days please post back here. People are holding off on buying until they know it works in the area.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #38
DigitalDawn

Sure thing.

I'm shooting for the 30 day mark. Comcast sends out a re-authorization signal every 30 days or so. With the 1401 firmware I would have to call in to get my channels re-paired almost every month here in Jupiter.

So, if by December 15 on 1.5.3 1101 and I have all my channels, I'll feel a lot better. I'll also start rolling out the new Roamio's and Mini's to my customers here in PBC.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, TiVo has a 30 day return policy, so you would be safe buying it now.
DigitalDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #39
nws alpine

Just got back from the service center and swapped cards. At first they said they were out of cards but she went back into the warehouse to check with the techs. This was after I explained that I wanted to verify the card had been staged properly. She came back with a card after a bit. Put it in the Roamio and instantly it received the firmware update screen. It only took 4 cards but everything is moving along now. Just waiting for all my channels to come it.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #40
rjd123

Can someone please tell me how to check the cable card version in the Tivo HD? I can go to the cable card menu but I don't know which screen it is listed on. It's a Comcast Scientific Atlanta cable card. I tried their support page but keep getting fatal web page errors when I try the links for Scientific Atlanta cable cards.

I'm having the same problem that a lot of people seem to be having in Palm Beach County, FL with the channels being not available.

Thank you.
rjd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #41
DigitalDawn

It's in the Cable Card Diag screen in the cable card menu.

It will start with PKEY
Old 11-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #42
SoFlaGuy

IT WORKS!!!!! Ok, so I had a 2006 version of the firmware, and I had limited my TiVo Roamio to 4 tuners because of the "not authorized" issues. Was really mad about the whole "Summer, October, next year" firmware upgrade dance.

But, Friday I emailed Comcast at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com, gave them my service address and phone number, and told them I needed an upgrade to my TiVo Roamio cable card firmware. Last night, I got a phone call from executive support, who told me she would put in the request. Spent 45 seconds on the phone with her.

This morning, I had 1.5.3 1101 on my cable card. I had to call to get a signal sent since I was getting no channels,but after that all six tuners work and record with no issues! Hooray!

Thanks Digital Dawn.

I am in Palm Beach Gardens.
SoFlaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #43
rjd123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDawn View Post
It's in the Cable Card Diag screen in the cable card menu.

It will start with PKEY
Thanks, DigitalDawn. I'm not seeing anything starting with PKEY there. The first screen has H/W model and Version which says 0012, SL No., Boot time, etc. Then OS Ver. I don't see it on the other screens either.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #44
andyf

You can go to the bottom or so of DVR Diagnostics or the CableCard Diagnostics screen under OS ver.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #45
rjd123

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
You can go to the bottom or so of DVR Diagnostics or the CableCard Diagnostics screen under OS ver.
It says:
OS Ver: 01.01.10P3.1
Build Time: Jun 3 2007, 16:58:34

Does this mean I need to email Comcast and ask for 1.5.3 1101? Or is that version for a cable card other than the Scientific Atlanta one that I have?

I appreciate all the help here.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #46
andyf

There have been no reports outside of Florida where Comcast will upload a new version. However, this card is so old you may get a newer version if you swap it out.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #47
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd123 View Post
It says:
OS Ver: 01.01.10P3.1
Build Time: Jun 3 2007, 16:58:34

Does this mean I need to email Comcast and ask for 1.5.3 1101? Or is that version for a cable card other than the Scientific Atlanta one that I have?

I appreciate all the help here.
That is the antique version I had until the new stuff appeared magically the other day. Here's what my cable card diag screen now looks like:

Old 11-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #48
andyf

Hating some folks in Florida right now.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #49
tomhorsley

Quote:
Hating some folks in Florida right now.
That's OK. You'll note the build time is back in June. I'm hating some folks at Comcast who didn't give it to us then. My Premier has been awful close to useless since the first 20.3 update came along just about the same time.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #50
rjd123

Quote:
There have been no reports outside of Florida where Comcast will upload a new version. However, this card is so old you may get a newer version if you swap it out.
Andy, every time I do anything to change equipment Comcast totally messes up my bill. Don't even get me started telling what I went through in September. LOL. Anyway, I will try the upgrade route first before I do a swap. Thank you.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #51
rjd123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
That is the antique version I had until the new stuff appeared magically the other day. Here's what my cable card diag screen now looks like:

Tom, thank you. That's very helpful. I'm going to try writing them and see what happens with trying to get them to upgrade it.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #52
DigitalDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaGuy View Post
IT WORKS!!!!! Ok, so I had a 2006 version of the firmware, and I had limited my TiVo Roamio to 4 tuners because of the "not authorized" issues. Was really mad about the whole "Summer, October, next year" firmware upgrade dance.

But, Friday I emailed Comcast at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com, gave them my service address and phone number, and told them I needed an upgrade to my TiVo Roamio cable card firmware. Last night, I got a phone call from executive support, who told me she would put in the request. Spent 45 seconds on the phone with her.

This morning, I had 1.5.3 1101 on my cable card. I had to call to get a signal sent since I was getting no channels,but after that all six tuners work and record with no issues! Hooray!

Thanks Digital Dawn.

I am in Palm Beach Gardens.
Glad to hear that it works! Our friends in Frenchman's Reserve have neighbors who got the update as well.

I also just received the new 20.3.7 TiVo firmware on my XL4, so now we have 10 tuners with DTA.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #53
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDawn View Post
Great news, and the reason my CC's unpaired yesterday for the first time in 5 days.

All the complaining worked!

I can confirm that both my TiVo's have 1.5.3 1101 firmware. It was a global update for everyone in PBC yesterday. Some of the cable-cards unpaired during the process, so if you lost your channels, call the Comcast cable-card phone number ((877) 405-2298) to get re-paired.

If you have set your Roamio for 4 tuners, you may need to pull out your cable-card and reinsert it to use all 6 tuners. For some reason, entering the TiVo tuner code in the channel list didn't work for me.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to reboot your TiVo.

Let us all know how things are going!
Ours seems to be working now. I am keeping my fingers crossed this is the fix we've been needing!

TiVo is the boss of me ~ Member of the TiVo family since 2003

Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #54
nws alpine

Now that we are past the firmware issues has anyone heard of a timeframe for Xfinity On Demand support in our area. Down south the Motorola guys have it already.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #55
tomhorsley

Looks like this was definitely restricted to just TiVos in Palm Beach County:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity...1922885#M90580

Sorry Memphis :-).
Old 11-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #56
DigitalDawn

I wonder how many other areas in Florida have the old firmware? I know there are some places that have 1101.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #57
ybtrue

You guys are causing me to want to go and purchase the Roamio.
ybtrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #58
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybtrue View Post
You guys are causing me to want to go and purchase the Roamio.
I just did once I saw my Premier actually work well with the new firmware. I just hope Comcast doesn't decide to reload the old firmware when they see I moved the cable card to a different TiVo :-).
Old 11-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #59
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
I just did once I saw my Premier actually work well with the new firmware. I just hope Comcast doesn't decide to reload the old firmware when they see I moved the cable card to a different TiVo :-).
Can you do that? If I purchased a Roamio, I could essentially just move the card myself? I wouldn't need a Comcast tech out here?

TiVo is the boss of me ~ Member of the TiVo family since 2003

Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #60
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
Can you do that? If I purchased a Roamio, I could essentially just move the card myself? I wouldn't need a Comcast tech out here?
Basically, yes. You would have to call a special number for the Comcast CableCARD hotline to update the pairing to the new Roamio, but self-installs of CableCARDs have been mandated by the FCC for almost 2 years now. Gone are the days of needing a tech for a CableCard install.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote