Yea the Premiere DVR will currently not locate a wireless G adapter in guided setup. There is no way to force it to work. I don't think that was intentional and if there's an update fix for it, it'll probably take a few months. It's best to find an ethernet solution for that for now. Ethernet is a LOT better of a connection in all cases anyways.
MoCA and https://www.google.com/#q=ethernet+o...erline+adapter
these devices are considered ethernet connections as far as the Premiere unit is concerned.
Originally Posted by Dan203
The N adapter is just a wifi bridge right? How could the software update brick it?
There's no reason to think that is the case. I'm not aware of any problems with the N adapter. There was probably a different issue that prevented the N adapter from being seen on the computer. That's very easy to do. Some things that block N adapters from being seen on computers are:
1) antivirus programs blocking it
2) computer is set to wireless and did not automatically switch to ethernet when it found an ethernet connection
3) network cable is not attached properly between the adapter and the computer
4) the computer is asking you if this "new" network is a home/public network and you're not answering the question
5) problem with the ethernet port
6) something about the browser is not able to access that IP address
7) your PC has the same IP address
In any case, if your computer can access the internet while attempting to set up N adapter, there is no way your computer will be able to access the N adapter.