TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
mattack

Strange occurrence - identical recordings, one as if it were manual

Had this happen last night. I have two recordings that seem to be identical, and one of them shows up as IF it were a manual recording..

and I have pics to prove it.

I don't see how to do inline images..

photo1 shows the 'manual' recording
photo2 shows the SP recording in the Super Fun Night folder
photo3 shows what History showed afterwards.

I know sometime before (probably within an hour of the recording) I manually added pre and post padding to the recording.. But neither of these recordings actually had padding (so I missed the very very end).

If I had a reproducible case or more useful info, I'd write a bug on tivo's forum.

Argh, two of them are rotated..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo1.jpg (41.5 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg photo2.jpg (40.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg photo3.jpg (48.0 KB, 58 views)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

yeah, its a bug in the new software. I've seen it 3x now when adding time onto recordings, its been discussed in the big fall update thread a little bit.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
cherry ghost

I've seen this reported elsewhere(probably the Roamio area) and it happened to me tonight with Parks and Recreation. In my case, I have a Season Pass for Parks and Rec with 1 minute of padding at the end. Since tonight, and next week, was back-to-back episodes, I removed the 1 minute from the first episode and set it to stop on time. When I tried to set a recording for the NFL game, it said there was a conflict. Looking at the To-Do List, I saw the extra "manual" recording that was causing the conflict.

The same thing is happening for next week.

When I select the 7:00 recording, the 1 minute of padding is still there even though I removed it. The "manual" recording can't be selected, only deleted using the clear button.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
andyf

I saw the same thing when changing a season pass recording to a one time recording (via iPad). Seems like any kind of change to a scheduled recording gets messed up.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
mattack

OK, some of you with more reproducible info, please write up a bug on Tivo's forum. Since you guys mention it shows up in the To Do list, I'll pay attention to that when I change padding for shows in the future.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
rich
Final answer?

Same here, I added a minute to yesterday's Call of the Wildman via the iOS app, and ended up with two recordings.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

it's happened to me twice, both times after padding a sp recording.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
rich
Final answer?

The padded duplicate recording has a name like "Rec: 132 APL 9:00pm".
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
mattack

Yeah, which is similar to a manual recording, at least on S1, IIRC.. (or maybe long ago on all Tivos) At one point, the manual recordings _didn't_ automatically take the name of the show in the same timeslot.

I had another similar issue (actually, it may have been the same issue). I had a SP or AWRL recording for the final table of the 2013 WSOP. It had my usual one minute end pad on it, and I (correctly) thought it was strange to have it only in a one hour timeslot.. So I SEVERAL TIMES gave it an hour end pad... and even CHECKED that the to do list item still had the hour end pad...

But when it finally recorded, it actually only recorded the original 1 minute padding. I was still on the same channel and checked soon afterwards, so I was able to get most of it in the buffer via a manual recording, and ended up watching the vast majority of it via On Demand anyway (they had a ~58 minute commercial free show which was definitely edited, but was probably about 1.25 hours of the original 2 hour long[with commercials] shows).

Anyway, I think it's the same since at ONE point I did delete another one of these phony entries.. but that didn't happen again.

I think this weekend at the latest, if I can catch it in the act, I will write up a bug on their forum.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #10
tough joe

Yes I have to extend the recordings to watch amazing race and the good wife because nfl games always run long. When I set the recording for amazing race, go into the recording options and stop the recording 1 hour later. This however creates a duplicate recording. The original one from 8pm to 9pm and then another "manual" recording from 8-10pm. Its very odd - never has happened to any of the other tivos. But then again, the Roamio this isn't any old TiVo...

I saw TivoMargret posted that this will be fixed during a December update. so it should be resolved.
tough joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
agredon

I've been having this same problem for a week or two now. I go through my To Do List regularly and resolve any conflicts/overlaps (adjust padding as needed), delete any episodes I've already seen or wish list recordings I'm not interested in, etc...I then change each recording I am certain I want to record in the next 24-48 hours from 1/2 padding to 2/3 padding to "lock it in" so to speak. I've noticed that changing it this way seemed to prevent it from being bumped/clipped should another show [with higher priority] somehow get picked up (It has happened - a show getting bumped for a higher priority show - even as late as the same day).

But, now it seems to add a duplicate of each of these shows which appears as a manual recording (no show data, only time and channel), which I could easily delete except that for some reason this "manual" recording will sometimes take the padding and knocks the padding off the one with the guide data so that I end up with a recording with guide data that is clipped (missing the first/last minute or two) and a "manual" recording that has the padding, but no guide data.

I hope they fix this soon. For the time being, I've deleted ALL of my Local Prime Time Season Passes (I go through the TV Guide and check all the major broadcast stations - NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, and CW - Prime Time to make sure nothing is missed or there isn't some other show I want to catch) to prevent them from spawning duplicates. I wrote them down so that I can recreate them once TiVo fixes the problem. I will still have this problem with non Local shows (Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, AMC, etc...) though.

Last edited by agredon : 12-03-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: ...
agredon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #12
lapdog12

i'm currently having this problem on my roamio pro, so this was not fixed in the december update.
lapdog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #13
dahnb2000

When this first started happening after the November update, I called Tivo & they tried to have me go through a bunch of nonsense (rebooting, unplugging, deleting season passes, etc). I have 2 Tivos & they were both having the padding problems so obviously this was a Tivo software problem. I had to contact them 3 times before I asked to talk with a programmer who, after repeated questioning, finally admitted it was a software problem and that it was affecting many other Tivo owners. I've had Tivo since 1999 and don't like how long they are taking to fix something they broke in 30 seconds with the last "update". I also don't like getting the run around from customer service either covering up or just not informed.
dahnb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #14
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Not sure if this just a Premiere bug, this happened to my Roamio last week and yes it appeared to be related to the padding.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #15
LifeIsABeach

It's spreading! My RCN branded TiVo received an update recently and I now have this problem on almost every recording (I pad everything). It has somewhat rendered my four-tuner TiVo into a two-tuner TiVo. Will have to stop padding my recording (and start missing the end of shows) until they get this fixed.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #16
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Cancel original then manually record with padding

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
It has somewhat rendered my four-tuner TiVo into a two-tuner TiVo. Will have to stop padding
No need to stop padding your shows. Just view the show's upcoming episodes and cancel the episode you want to adjust then immediately program that episode to record with the padding adjustment. This way you won't get the duplicate recording that is tying up the other tuners.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=513731
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote