TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #6001
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
Quick bug:

Show Folders is checked
Auto Transfers is set to loop in GUI
You click on a folder to view the contents
Leave the view on that folder
KMTTG refreshes the NP list from the timer lapsing in the auto transfer
The view now gets all screwy showing the contents of the folder AND the entire NP list... It seems to forget that its showing the contents of the folder and messes the list up.
OK thanks, this is now fixed for next release. (Note that Run Once in GUI was behaving as expected already so this problem was only for Loop in GUI mode).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #6002
cherry ghost

Can --stik "Movie" be changed to --stik "Short Film" in AtomicParsley? In iTunes, "Movie" gets put into Home Videos and "Short Film" gets put into Movies. The "" have to be used.

Thanks
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #6003
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

First I just want to say that the new Search function is AMAZING. As if KMTTG wasn't already incredibly useful, it literally just skyrocketed for me.

Quick thoughts:

A handy feature within Search might be the bit that says the episode number. Right now if you search for "friends" and go to the "series - Friends" directory it might say "Friends - Title". But if you were in the normal browse mode and in the Friends directory it would say something like "Friends - Title - [Ep 001]", which I find more useful.

As an aside, I never really understood why it's "Ep 001" instead of "Ep S01E01", but I'm sure that's a TiVo issue and not a KMTTG one.

Maybe not a big deal for most people, but in Search++ a way to filter out TV-MA would be cool -- or select only TV-MA if that's your thing

On a completely different non-search related note: one bug I've noticed lately (and maybe it's always been there?) is that sometimes I'm in folder view, and then I enter a folder and delete a recording, and instead of it just disappearing from the folder list, KMTTG jumps back to root. That scared the heck out of me the first few times, because at first glance it looks like I've accidentally deleted the entire folder, but then I scroll down and find it just fine, with the deleted recording gone just like it's supposed to be.

Anyway, that was like that for me with the previous version I was on before I just updated to the new one, and it's happening again in this version as well. Hope this helps.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #6004
jcthorne

Since the last Roamio update I have noticed a change in kmttg display behavior. kmttg is no longer displaying the same folders as the Roamio. I'll elaborate.

I record a series, NCIS for instance. I use kmttg to transfer off an episode, edit out commercials, encode to mp4 and push a copy back. I delete the much larger original file with the commercials. Roamio puts the original recordings and the recoded ones in separate folders. Kmttg shows them in the same folder.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #6005
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Since the last Roamio update I have noticed a change in kmttg display behavior. kmttg is no longer displaying the same folders as the Roamio. I'll elaborate.

I record a series, NCIS for instance. I use kmttg to transfer off an episode, edit out commercials, encode to mp4 and push a copy back. I delete the much larger original file with the commercials. Roamio puts the original recordings and the recoded ones in separate folders. Kmttg shows them in the same folder.
Was this different for you prior to the Roamio update? I ask because I'm pretty sure it has always been like this and I see the exact same behavior with my THD. I just tested it.

kmttg creates folders based on matching titles. The TiVo groups on matching seriesIds. A pushed recording gets a different seriesId that is apparently made up by the mind server. A pulled recording gets the actual seriesId (assuming it is in the metadata) and will group on the TiVo with the original recordings).

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #6006
jcthorne

You may be right, I might have just NOTICED it since the last update. Was there a reason kmttg groups differently than the Tivo?

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #6007
worachj

I'm having no success trying to transfer Season Passes from my old S3 to a new Roamio.

I get the following error message when I try to load the saved SP data from the old S3 into the new Roamio.

Loading SP data from file: C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v0p8i\Living Room.sp
jsonToTableData - JSONObject["timeOfDayLocal"] not found.

Not sure what's wrong, can anybody help?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #6008
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by worachj View Post
I'm having no success trying to transfer Season Passes from my old S3 to a new Roamio.

I get the following error message when I try to load the saved SP data from the old S3 into the new Roamio.

I don't have series 3 unit active anymore to test. If you post your .sp file here or PM me a link to it I can look into it.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #6009
moyekj

Quote:
You may be right, I might have just NOTICED it since the last update. Was there a reason kmttg groups differently than the Tivo?
As lpwcomp said, kmttg has always grouped by main title name. seriesID is not a reliable way to group like shows as is apparent on TiVo itself.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #6010
cweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Don't remember where that beta version was generated from. But checking the source code the fixes are in place. I've generated a new kmttg.jar from source you can try:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...it?usp=sharing
I've only had time to test it on one show so far, But so far so good. The custom command executed properly with the new beta you supplied.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #6011
lpwcomp

Quote:
Have you considered adding "ts = on" (minus the quotes) to the server settings of pyTivo and doing a pull instead of a push? Unless, of course, you prefer the current TiVo grouping.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #6012
hybucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
The TiVo servers are down.
I'm getting this on my TiVO app for the Roamio guide. However, guides for other TiVOs (Premiere and HD) are working fine. Separate server for guides for the Roamio?
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #6013
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by worachj View Post

Quote:
I don't have series 3 unit active anymore to test. If you post your .sp file here or PM me a link to it I can look into it.
I got your PM with .sp file. It looks like you have a few repeat manual record SPs and looks like for series 3 units the "timeOfDayLocal" JSON parameter which is required and defines the recording times is missing. Therefore those repeat manual recordings cannot be copied. You should be able to copy the other SPs though.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #6014
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Can --stik "Movie" be changed to --stik "Short Film" in AtomicParsley? In iTunes, "Movie" gets put into Home Videos and "Short Film" gets put into Movies. The "" have to be used.

Thanks
OK, this change is checked in for next release.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #6015
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbino View Post
On a completely different non-search related note: one bug I've noticed lately (and maybe it's always been there?) is that sometimes I'm in folder view, and then I enter a folder and delete a recording, and instead of it just disappearing from the folder list, KMTTG jumps back to root. That scared the heck out of me the first few times, because at first glance it looks like I've accidentally deleted the entire folder, but then I scroll down and find it just fine, with the deleted recording gone just like it's supposed to be.
Yes the bug is if you delete top most entry inside a folder kmttg would jump out of folder even if it is not last item in folder. Next release has a fix for that issue. If not last item in a folder then kmttg will now select the entry below the one being deleted and keep you in that folder.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #6016
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybucket View Post
I'm getting this on my TiVO app for the Roamio guide. However, guides for other TiVOs (Premiere and HD) are working fine. Separate server for guides for the Roamio?
None of my TiVos can connect to the server at this time. And the Android app on my phone can only get guide data for the THD. The two Premieres give me a message that "The middlemind connection is currently down."

Old 11-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #6017
worachj

Quote:
I got your PM with .sp file. It looks like you have a few repeat manual record SPs and looks like for series 3 units the "timeOfDayLocal" JSON parameter which is required and defines the recording times is missing. Therefore those repeat manual recordings cannot be copied. You should be able to copy the other SPs though.
Thank you for your prompt reply. You were right, there were four repeat manual recordings that were not copied. I was able to copy the rest of the SPs. The order of the SPs was different than what was on the S3 but that's OK since with the 4 tuner Roamio I was going to change them anyway. I got all SPs including wishlists!

Great program! Thanks!
Old 11-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #6018
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Quote:
Yes the bug is if you delete top most entry inside a folder kmttg would jump out of folder even if it is not last item in folder. Next release has a fix for that issue. If not last item in a folder then kmttg will now select the entry below the one being deleted and keep you in that folder.
Awesome, thanks so much!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #6019
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Is there a setting to bypass VideoReDo's QS Fix and use the Project X one instead?

I'm still getting sync issues, and I'd like to try another option.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #6020
moyekj

Quote:
Is there a setting to bypass VideoReDo's QS Fix and use the Project X one instead?

I'm still getting sync issues, and I'd like to try another option.
In kmttg config VideoRedo tab just add a - character at the end of the path to your VRD installation to make it invalid to kmttg. If VRD QS Fix is not fixing it then I doubt projectX will either, but it's worth a shot.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #6021
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Quote:
In kmttg config VideoRedo tab just add a - character at the end of the path to your VRD installation to make it invalid to kmttg. If VRD QS Fix is not fixing it then I doubt projectX will either, but it's worth a shot.
Great, thanks. I figure it can't hurt to try

Any idea why TiVo MPEG-2 files have sync issues that need to be corrected in the first place? It seems to me that other things that use MPEG-2, like the VOBs on a DVD for instance, don't have any sync problems. How does the TiVo manage to play back the raw file fine, but MPC/VLC/etc can't? Seems so strange.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #6022
moyekj

Quote:
Any idea why TiVo MPEG-2 files have sync issues that need to be corrected in the first place? It seems to me that other things that use MPEG-2, like the VOBs on a DVD for instance, don't have any sync problems. How does the TiVo manage to play back the raw file fine, but MPC/VLC/etc can't? Seems so strange.
From my experience A/V sync issues only happen if you re-encode mpeg2 to something else. Most players/decoders can handle timestamp issues and other glitches. I don't have A/V sync issues playing mpeg2 files from TiVo. The problem usually comes in when you re-encode to something else.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #6023
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

I got this error:

Code:
input video=eia-608: projectx only supports mpeg2 video
Thoughts?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #6024
moyekj

Is the source video mpeg2? Post mediainfo information here on the source video you are attempting to run through projectX. As the message says, projectX can only handle mpeg2 videos.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #6025
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

It's just the file off of the TiVo, nothing fancy. Here's the Media Info:

Code:
General
Complete name                  : E:\_Converting\File.mpg
Format                         : MPEG-PS
File size                      : 9.18 GiB
Duration                       : 1h 45mn
Overall bit rate mode          : Variable
Overall bit rate               : 12.5 Mbps

Video
ID                             : 224 (0xE0)
Format                         : MPEG Video
Format version                 : Version 2
Format profile                 : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP          : Yes
Format settings, Matrix        : Custom
Duration                       : 1h 45mn
Bit rate mode                  : Variable
Bit rate                       : 12.3 Mbps
Maximum bit rate               : 14.7 Mbps
Width                          : 1 920 pixels
Height                         : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate                     : 29.970 fps
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
Bit depth                      : 8 bits
Compression mode               : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.197
Stream size                    : 9.00 GiB (98%)

Text #1
ID                             : 224 (0xE0)-CC1
Format                         : EIA-608
Muxing mode                    : A/53 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info         : Muxed in Video #1
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Stream size                    : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Text #2
ID                             : 224 (0xE0)-CC3
Format                         : EIA-608
Muxing mode                    : A/53 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info         : Muxed in Video #1
Stream size                    : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Old 11-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #6026
moyekj

I think perhaps you are running old version of kmttg since it's not identifying the video code properly which is an older bug that was fixed a while ago. Make sure you are running latest version. Also once running latest kmttg version make sure to update tools using Help->Update tools...

Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #6027
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

I'm running v1p0i, I just ran Update Tools and restarted, but get the same error.

I grabbed another file and tried that and it IS working, so I'm not sure what's broken with the file listed above.

Here's the Media Info for the one that's working:

Code:
General
Complete name                  : E:\File.mpg
Format                         : MPEG-PS
File size                      : 11.7 GiB
Duration                       : 1h 54mn
Overall bit rate mode          : Variable
Overall bit rate               : 14.6 Mbps

Video
ID                             : 224 (0xE0)
Format                         : MPEG Video
Format version                 : Version 2
Format profile                 : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP          : Yes
Format settings, Matrix        : Custom
Bit rate mode                  : Variable
Maximum bit rate               : 17.6 Mbps
Width                          : 1 920 pixels
Height                         : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate                     : 29.970 fps
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
Bit depth                      : 8 bits

Audio #1
ID                             : 189 (0xBD)-128 (0x80)
Format                         : AC-3
Format/Info                    : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                 : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness    : Big
Muxing mode                    : DVD-Video
Bit rate                       : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 2 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L R
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                      : 16 bits
Delay relative to video        : 6ms
Stream size                    : 316 MiB (3%)

Audio #2
ID                             : 221 (0xDD)
Format                         : MPEG Audio
The obvious difference is Audio #1/#2 vs. Text #1/#2. Wonder what that's about?

The second one I actually ran through VideoReDo's QS Fix, so maybe that's the difference. I'll have to download another raw MPEG from the TiVo that hasn't been QS'd already.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #6028
moyekj

Quote:
I'm running v1p0i, I just ran Update Tools and restarted, but get the same error.
Under kmttg config-Programs tab please check that "mediainfo cli" is filled out and pointing to <installDir>\mediainfo_cli\mediainfo.exe and also make sure the executable exists in that location.

If it is then there must be a bug in kmttg video codec detection still... The problem right now is one of the captions streams is being picked up as the video codec which obviously is not right.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #6029
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

It's there, and pointing to the correct location, and there's a file in the location. I'm attaching a screenshot for you, just in case I'm an idiot and am missing something
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AL-KMTTG-MediaInfo.jpg (51.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #6030
moyekj

Please start a Windows "cmd" window and run the following:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\KMTTG\mediainfo_cli\mediainfo.exe" "e:\File.mpg" > m.txt
Then post contents of m.txt here or zip it up and attach it here.