TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
davezatz
Funkadelic

Opera TV App Store

I know a little...
http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2013-11/tivo-opera-tv/
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
s10023

Is there any more information on the updated Mini hardware?
s10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
s10023

oh nevermind, it just says that the netflix and pandora apps will be updated for the mini hardware, not the mini hardware itself.
s10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
monkeydust

You talk about the new Netflix app for Roamio hitting soon. It actually was released to the Roamio boxes yesterday.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
davezatz
Funkadelic

Yep, after the fact, I saw Roamio and Minis are already receiving Netflix. Maybe I should have posted earlier, but 7AM - 8AM is my "normal" blogging hour and I figured I wasn't racing anyone to Opera coverage... As far as I know, we're still awaiting an updated Premiere Netflix app (and I'm not certain it will be the same, although I'm hopeful!).
Old 11-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz View Post
Yep, after the fact, I saw Roamio and Minis are already receiving Netflix. Maybe I should have posted earlier, but 7AM - 8AM is my "normal" blogging hour and I figured I wasn't racing anyone to Opera coverage... As far as I know, we're still awaiting an updated Premiere Netflix app (and I'm not certain it will be the same, although I'm hopeful!).
It is exactly the same as one on the Roamio. I ran it this morning on my Elite via RPC hack. It's sluggish compared to running on Roamio as expected, but works fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
davezatz
Funkadelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
It is exactly the same as one on the Roamio. I ran it this morning on my Elite via RPC hack. It's sluggish compared to running on Roamio as expected, but works fine.
Nice. More importantly, I'm hopeful the Premiere Netflix lockups and DVR crashes will be a thing of the past... and our long national nightmare will be over.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
apw2607

Yes, the Opera store looks exactly the same as on the Sony BD players. Its pretty awful folks, there is only 3 or 4 apps that are worth even looking at. The rest are a complete joke.

However based on the photo above, looks like TechCruch and Moviephone are also coming as separate apps, since both are not in the Opera tv store currently.
apw2607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
davezatz
Funkadelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
However based on the photo above, looks like TechCruch and Moviephone are also coming as separate apps, since both are not in the Opera tv store currently.
TiVo has been expanding their partnership with AOL... and probably why the suggestion to get Engadget covering the new pause menu ad negativity from that other thread, won't get much traction.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
nws alpine

Now I hope they expand HBO Go to the Roamio sooner than later. Xfinity on demand isn't available yet in our area for Tivo. Next county over does but they are on Motorola system and not SA/Cisco.
nws alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
rainwater

I think if TiVo ends up bringing in Amazon Prime, HBO Go, WatchESPN, etc, it will be done outside of the Opera TV Store. The Opera Store will be fine for smaller apps but most of the more requested apps will require deals with TiVo and will come outside the store.

I just hope TiVo finds a better way to manage apps in the UI. And maybe they will kill off those useless games apps that come with TiVos now that Opera will have the same useless games that no one plays.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
nws alpine

Yeah I would expect HBO Go to be delivered in a similar way Netflix is. The Opera TV Store isn't much use right now but it's nice to have an option if things pick up in the future. Typically they get replaced by a new service before anything relevant transpires though.
nws alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
drebbe
Carbon Blob

From TiVo's 3rd Quarter 2013 Earnings Press Release:

"Additionally, the TiVo Roamio platform will include the Opera TV solution in the near future, which at its launch will enable over 100 apps built on HTML5, and will include ones focused on entertainment, sports, weather, gaming, news and more. Further, this solution is expected to make it easier for content publishers to get apps onto the television and allow our MSO partners to bring more content to their subscribers."

Nothing much new, but confirmation that it is still on track.
drebbe is offline   Reply With Quote