TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Rev. Noch

New Roamio Pro Service setup questions.

Hello Everyone,

I just ordered a new Roamio Pro from ABT and it is scheduled to arrive today. I was initially planning on just dumping my current premier W/O Lifetime and buying Lifetime on the new Roamio (which would be a real stretch for me right now); part of this decision was spurred by the conversation I had on the phone with a TiVo CSR when I was checking deals on where to buy the Roamio. They indicated to me that I couldn't transfer my Month to Month plan if I didn't buy the new TiVo directly from them. Is that correct?

The reason I brought this up is that I saw another post from earlier in the week where someone also purchased a Pro from the same source as I did. They reported that they were being offered transferring their existing plan to the Pro and then even were given an offer to put their old TiVo HD on Lifetime for $99. Is this standard practice? If I were to be offered the same (but for my premier), it would completely change my strategy. I would actually like to keep the Premier if it didn't affect what I'm currently paying every Month. Should I push for these deals when I call in to activate the new service?

Thanks,
Dave
North America Challenge Champions 2001 2002 2003.
Rev. Noch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
hooper

Doesn't hurt to try. They offered me $199 lifetime for my premiere. It seems you can get that price with any service plan by asking. The $99 lifetime seems to be reserved for those with a certain number of years of paid service. I asked what the number was but they wouldn't answer.

Same goes for the transfer of service. A box bought from Tivo and they will allow it. I asked if I bought somewhere else and they were noncommittal saying they had the best available deal anyway. So who knows.
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Rev. Noch

When you say "a certain number of years of paid service". Are you referring to overall with TiVo, or do you mean on that one specific TiVo device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooper View Post
Doesn't hurt to try. They offered me $199 lifetime for my premiere. It seems you can get that price with any service plan by asking. The $99 lifetime seems to be reserved for those with a certain number of years of paid service. I asked what the number was but they wouldn't answer.

Same goes for the transfer of service. A box bought from Tivo and they will allow it. I asked if I bought somewhere else and they were noncommittal saying they had the best available deal anyway. So who knows.

North America Challenge Champions 2001 2002 2003.
Rev. Noch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
hooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Noch View Post
When you say "a certain number of years of paid service". Are you referring to overall with TiVo, or do you mean on that one specific TiVo device?
Years of service paid for on that specific box you want to make lifetime.
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
ltxi

I rarely buy directly from TiVo and I'm now routinely and without asking offered a month or two of free service on older boxes when I call to decommission them......so I can sell them with a transferable, older, discounted service plan. And/or heavily discounted lifetime for the same purpose. Without asking. Longtime customer with Dec 2000 S1 Sony with lifetime still active that shows up when they pull up my account. And I currently have five TSNs active.

Last edited by ltxi : 11-14-2013 at 05:48 PM.
ltxi is offline   Reply With Quote