TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
grey ghost

Roamio giving v58 error while Mini is not

I'm having terrific problems with v58 errors. I already know that part of it is a Cisco cablecard with 1.5.2.Fp1401 firmware, but it seems more complicated than that. When Comcast unpairs/repairs the card, the Mini instantly is able to tune to any channel(including premium) with no problem. The Roamio take an hour or more to get the same channels and sometime it's displaying a v58 error when the Mini is fine tuned to the same channel. This makes no sense to me since the Mini is using the Roamio's tuner(s).

I've also had the problem a couple of time with the Roamio having a black screen when I turned it on. Tivo Central does not work, no channels work, no guide is present. The only way to get it off the black screen is to change HDMI inputs on my TV and then change it back. I've changed the HDMI cord and it doesn't seem to make a difference. This is usually accompanied by the return of v58 problems even though my shows were taped properly just a few minutes before.

Have I got a bad Roamio??
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
......Have I got a bad Roamio??
No, you just got "a" Roamio.......welcome to the club!
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
pautler

Quote:
I've also had the problem a couple of time with the Roamio having a black screen when I turned it on. Tivo Central does not work, no channels work, no guide is present. The only way to get it off the black screen is to change HDMI inputs on my TV and then change it back. I've changed the HDMI cord and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
That sounds similar to one of the bugs that was fixed with the 10/17 software update. If you haven't already done so, you might want to check to make sure you're running the latest software version.

=> http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=510259

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
AdamNJ

Quote:
I'm having terrific problems with v58 errors. I already know that part of it is a Cisco cablecard with 1.5.2.Fp1401 firmware, but it seems more complicated than that. When Comcast unpairs/repairs the card, the Mini instantly is able to tune to any channel(including premium) with no problem. The Roamio take an hour or more to get the same channels and sometime it's displaying a v58 error when the Mini is fine tuned to the same channel. This makes no sense to me since the Mini is using the Roamio's tuner(s).

I've also had the problem a couple of time with the Roamio having a black screen when I turned it on. Tivo Central does not work, no channels work, no guide is present. The only way to get it off the black screen is to change HDMI inputs on my TV and then change it back. I've changed the HDMI cord and it doesn't seem to make a difference. This is usually accompanied by the return of v58 problems even though my shows were taped properly just a few minutes before.

Have I got a bad Roamio??
Your firmware is too old. That is a definite problem and cause of v58. see: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=507973

Your mini is likely picking up exclusive access to a particular (low number?) tuner which happens to work. When your Roamio tunes to the same channel it has to use a totally different tuner because the Mini has exclusive access to the other one.

I can't speak too much on the HDMI issue that you have, but is this Roamio only a few days old? It might need an update from Tivo (IDK how fast it happens / if it has to go through steps), as I believe a few versions back there was a fix for some HDMI issues.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=509168

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is online now   Reply With Quote