TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #61
pmyers

Of course Rick exiled her. I really don't see how that can be in question.

He even told Maggie "I told her she couldn't come back"...or something like that.
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #62
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Yes, clearly exiled.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #63
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Didn't he directly state that he would now allow her to return? In any case, it was quite clear to me. Which means, of course, that we will continue to argue about it for several more pages.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #64
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Didn't he directly state that he would now allow her to return? In any case, it was quite clear to me. Which means, of course, that we will continue to argue about it for several more pages.
LOL...too true!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #65
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Didn't he directly state that he would now allow her to return?
No, he never changed his mind and told her she could return.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #66
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
No, he never changed his mind and told her she could return.
I'm pretty sure that was a typo and now=not
Old 11-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #67
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I'm pretty sure that was a typo and now=not
But it's more fun to take it at face value.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #68
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
But it's more fun to take it at face value.
Yes, yes it is.
And with all of the varying thoughts on what happened, as wrong as most of you are , it's entirely possible that it was accurately typed.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #69
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Yes, yes it is.
And with all of the varying thoughts on what happened, as wrong as most of you are , it's entirely possible that it was accurately typed.
If I were taken at face value, my net worth would be subterranean....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #70
zalusky

They have killed off major players all the time. I would not be surprised if she is gone and we just don't see her again. Of course there is that spin off!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #71
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Put me in the camp that says Carol was clearly exiled. She knew Rick's mind was made up and from previous experience with him, she knew no amount of talking or protesting would get him to change his mind, so she just accepted it. Doesn't mean she liked it or agreed with it.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #72
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

This.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #73
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Put me in the camp that says Carol was clearly exiled. She knew Rick's mind was made up and from previous experience with him, she knew no amount of talking or protesting would get him to change his mind, so she just accepted it. Doesn't mean she liked it or agreed with it.
I suppose I should clarify my earlier comment. I think Rick certainly intended to exile her, but lacked the authority to do so, especially given how hands-off he had been since ending the Ricktatorship, and if Carol really felt like he was wrong and she was right, she could have pushed the issue at least enough to get back to the prison and take it before the other members of the Council. The fact that she didn't - and only half-heartedly tried to change his mind - indicates to me that she thinks she deserves to be exiled.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #74
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
...The fact that she didn't - and only half-heartedly tried to change his mind - indicates to me that she thinks she deserves to be exiled.
That's the real crux of it and seems to be agreed to by Maggie and Herschel...we'll see about everybody else.

I was actually thinking this was some type of mid-season break cliff hanger epiose. I was glad to see that there is a new episode this week.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #75
MacThor
Not Pictured

Herschel actually seemed shaken up to me after Rick told him (off screen) about Carol.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #76
smbaker

Third episode of sick people not properly securing themselves from each other, while located in the perfect security environment, a prison. Of course, we all knew what was going to happen inside the prison... like a slow motion train wreck coming.

Add me to the camp that thinks Carol was exiled. I don't really see it any other way. I don't necessarily thinks she believes she deserves to be exiled so much as she thinks it's best for the group that she be exiled. Her previous behavior shows that she puts survival of the group above her own welfare. I think she understood Rick's logic that she had to go and she would not be accepted back at the prison. In her mind, she took one for the team.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #77
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
Add me to the camp that thinks Carol was exiled. I don't really see it any other way. I don't necessarily thinks she believes she deserves to be exiled so much as she thinks it's best for the group that she be exiled. Her previous behavior shows that she puts survival of the group above her own welfare. I think she understood Rick's logic that she had to go and she would not be accepted back at the prison. In her mind, she took one for the team.
Exile is a punishment that must be ordered and enforced. Rick neither ordered her exile, nor was he likely to enforce it if she tried to come back.

Rick explained to her that she was basically an outcast. Even if she came back, she would be an outcast (if Tyreese did not kill her) after Rick told everyone what she did. She realized he was likely correct and decided not to come back.

Rick did not order her exile. He talked her into not coming back because he thought that was the best thing for her, and she appeared to agree.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #78
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Carol was exiled by Rick. Just rewatched the scene and confirmed it. If you missed it, you aren't paying attention and/or cannot read body language and understand implied words.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #79
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
Carol was exiled by Rick. Just rewatched the scene and confirmed it. If you missed it, you aren't paying attention and/or cannot read body language and understand implied words.
Rick did not exile Carol. Rick did not order Carol into exile, nor did he indicate that he would prevent Carol from coming back. If you think he did, you are not paying attention and/or you have an overactive imagination.

Body language and implied words. You seem to be confusing making someone feel unwelcome and unwanted with exiling them, which is a punishment that must be ordered and enforced.

If Carol really wanted to come back, all she would have to do is come back. Then she could defend herself from Tyreese and get a hearing before the committee.

Last edited by john4200 : 11-14-2013 at 12:03 AM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #80
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

I'm starting to feel claustrophobic with this show. I need to see what's happening in the rest of the world.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #81
fallstreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Good point. They had a lot of supplies there. I'd think they'd have antibiotics and such as well. They even had a female doctor that must've gotten killed since I've not seen her.

Regarding Carol - I find her fascinating and agree that she has become a monster. I'm glad they added this to her otherwise boring (but endearing) character. I'm interested in how she and Daryl will play out. I think he was affected by the empathy she once showed him which, given his upbringing, must have been refreshing.

I agree. Carol is kinda boring, would love to see how their (daryl and her) love story will end.

and for god's sake why can't they just fix the fence?
fallstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #82
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Rick did not exile Carol. Rick did not order Carol into exile, nor did he indicate that he would prevent Carol from coming back. If you think he did, you are not paying attention and/or you have an overactive imagination.
Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #83
tripmac
NASA Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
I'm starting to feel claustrophobic with this show. I need to see what's happening in the rest of the world.
I agree, I would like for them to get to Stone Mountain and look around.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #84
pmyers

Quote:
...Rick did not order her exile. He talked her into not coming back because he thought that was the best thing for her, and she appeared to agree.
That is just symantics. You are just calling it something different than exile. Either way she was told to not come back and she complied (so far).
Old 11-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #85
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallstreak View Post
I agree. Carol is kinda boring, would love to see how their (daryl and her) love story will end.

and for god's sake why can't they just fix the fence?
Really? I was finding her kind of fun. Teaching the kids and flirting with Daryl. It seemed like she was starting to grow and was part of the community.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #86
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Really? I was finding her kind of fun. Teaching the kids and flirting with Daryl. It seemed like she was starting to grow and was part of the community.
Fun in a dangerous way, which I think is the whole point of the storyline and the reason why I think it is far from over.

I.e., they're not yet done having dangerous fun with her (hopefully ending in some form of redemption and reconciliation).
Old 11-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #87
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
I.e., they're not yet done having dangerous fun with her (hopefully ending in some form of redemption and reconciliation).
Sadly, redemption in a show like this is usually fatal. See: Andrea.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #88
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Agreed. She WAS boring until she became a loose cannon. I'm enjoying this new storyline for the character. It also might feel less claustrophobic if we follow her some. (Also, I'd like to find out who was on the other end of that CB radio.)

Flirting with Daryl seems to be a waste of time. After all of these months, he had not made a significant move after he found her in that cell - Season 3. Michonne needs to cut her loses and move on to Rick or even Hershel.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #89
tlc

Quote:
Although the pushing could have been simple crowd dynamics, the kind that gets normal people killed...when people at the back of a crowd move forward, crushing the people in the front of the crowd.
IMO, the crowd was not big enough for that and there was a rhythm -- push, push, push. As someone mentioned, the posts should've been deep.

Quote:

Body language and implied words. You seem to be confusing making someone feel unwelcome and unwanted with exiling them, which is a punishment that must be ordered and enforced.

If Carol really wanted to come back, all she would have to do is come back. Then she could defend herself from Tyreese and get a hearing before the committee.
Which, judging from the reactions we've seen so far, she would lose.

When Rick said he didn't trust her around his family, he was saying he would actively campaign against her at such a council meeting. Keeping her from staying, not keeping her from returning. Even if Carol thinks she could convince the council otherwise, she shouldn't think so with Rick against her. If she somehow managed to win a council vote, that would create a "us or her" situation. Rick would leave taking his family and followers, splitting the group significantly.

I am still very interested to see Daryl's reaction, though
Old 11-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #90
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Flirting with Daryl seems to be a waste of time. After all of these months, he had not made a significant move after he found her in that cell - Season 3. Michonne needs to cut her loses and move on to Rick or even Hershel.
I thought the flirting with Daryl was just for fun. Not really for an intimate relationship but more like what two characters do on Criminal Minds (Morgan and Garcia).

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote