TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #91
jwbelcher

I dont believe it always works for mini. I did a test and hung my mini up. I selected 5 SDV channels on Roamio and recorded whatever was showing. I then brought up live TV on the mini, tuned HBO / Showtime premiums (SDV). It worked few a bit, but after a dozen or so channel changes voila, hung. Got a black screen and the waiting graphic. Waited all night, it never came back. I think this myth is busted.
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #92
lew-wolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post
I dont believe it always works for mini. I did a test and hung my mini up. I selected 5 SDV channels on Roamio and recorded whatever was showing. I then brought up live TV on the mini, tuned HBO / Showtime premiums (SDV). It worked few a bit, but after a dozen or so channel changes voila, hung. Got a black screen and the waiting graphic. Waited all night, it never came back. I think this myth is busted.
I'm the OP for this thread and I just finished replicating your scenario (again) and selected channels continuously for 30-minutes without error. How long would you suggest that I select channels perfectly before you might concede that in "my" case I'm not propagating a myth? I'll say it again: I have never encountered a failed tune from "my" mini since I purchased it, and the Roameo Pro, in early September of 2013.

Could it be, jwbelcher, that you are seeing a different problem than the one I've documented? Do you use a Cisco CableCard and Tuning Adapter? If yes, than this is an interesting data point that adds another variable to the mix. Maybe we should compare firmware version numbers?

BTW, why would you think I'm propagating a "myth"? What motivation would I have? I'm not a plant by TiVo's competition, as is evidenced by my praising TiVo in a number of posts here. Indeed, I just purchased a second Mini and will likely purchase two more in the not too distant future.

I promise, if I ever see a failed tune on a Mini I'll report it here ASAP.
lew-wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #93
jwbelcher

Ha, wow, sorry that the term myth upset you. I'm glad its working for you, but it is not as 100% reliable for me.

Cisco firmware versions:
Cablecard : PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601
Tuning Adapter: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601
Old 10-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #94
lew-wolfgang

Quote:
Ha, wow, sorry that the term myth upset you. I'm glad its working for you, but it is not as 100% reliable for me.

Cisco firmware versions:
Cablecard : PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601
Tuning Adapter: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601
That's interesting, I have exactly the same versions.

Who is your provider? Mine is Cox Cable South San Diego. If we have identical hardware, then the difference must be the cable provider somehow? Could varying loads on the cable system (time of day?) be the variable that gives the intermittent tuning behavior? In my case, how does the Mini request channel changes, through the Roamio, that is different than how the Roamio does it itself? Someone will have to go to the "source".
Old 10-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #95
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew-wolfgang View Post
That's interesting, I have exactly the same versions.

Who is your provider? Mine is Cox Cable South San Diego. If we have identical hardware, then the difference must be the cable provider somehow? Could varying loads on the cable system (time of day?) be the variable that gives the intermittent tuning behavior? In my case, how does the Mini request channel changes, through the Roamio, that is different than how the Roamio does it itself? Someone will have to go to the "source".
Brighthouse Networks Orlando. Its really hard to say why its different though. I used to think the Mini / dynamic tuning allocations were handled differently too, but after two black screens, I was no longer sure.

Its difficult to understand why if Roamio has the issue, why the Mini would not (being tuned via Roamio). Especially since we hear that Cisco is providing a fix for that issue. I'd expect Tivo is handling tuner allocations from Roamio and Mini through the same "tuner pool" mgmt. Once the Mini is allocated a tuner, Roamio still has to perform the calls to the TA as the UDCP client. It would seem bad coding practices if that was different code talking to the TA for the Mini. However, maybe there is some additional fault tolerance since Mini is remote??

BHN in Orlando has approx 458 SDV channels on the TA and I can barely change channels w/o getting a black screen. Maybe my setup just triggers the issue more frequently. What's interesting, I've not missed a pre-scheduled recording due to signal loss. However, I was able to trip it by recording an in-progress show that had already lost signal. That's my only missed recording due to signal loss in the recording history.

My current theory is that anything past two tuners runs has risk of failing. Largely b/c my series 3 runs all day w/o any issues. My guess is that you could get black screens on 4 tuners but be unable to produce the issue on the final two. If your mini gets one of these two "good" tuners, maybe it always works.

Most of this is all conjecture though without us having any real quantitative analysis to go on.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #96
lew-wolfgang

Quote:
What's interesting, I've not missed a pre-scheduled recording due to signal loss. However, I was able to trip it by recording an in-progress show that had already lost signal. That's my only missed recording due to signal loss in the recording history.
I have the same experience. No missing scheduled recordings, which implies that this process tunes the same way the Mini does (in my case).

Quote:
Most of this is all conjecture though without us having any real quantitative analysis to go on.
Exactly. My hope is that TiVo is watching all this and is using it as valuable feedback from the field. I wonder who did the programming/integration for the Roamio operating system and drivers? I hope it's in-house at TiVo! Working with software engineers in Taiwan would certainly present challenges. My second Roamio says it was made in Mexico on Sept 4 2013.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #97
HarperVision

Quote:
...My second Roamio says it was made in Mexico on Sept 4 2013.
Well there's the problem. The poor lil' TiVo guy drank the water there and has had tuner diarrhea ever since!

Edit: hey why don't we have a TiVo guy emoticon???
HarperVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #98
jwbelcher

Quote:
Indeed, I just purchased a second Mini and will likely purchase two more in the not too distant future.
I'd consider putting one of the minis on the family room TV until the TA fix is rolled out to avoid black screens. Now that you can manage the season passes, it would be pretty comparable.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #99
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Is this "black screen" problem the same thing that has been known for years as the "SDV Tuning Failure" ?

To clarify, when SDV tuning failure occurs the screen is indeed black. But the defining characteristic is that the frequencies shown for the channel you attempted to tune are different in DVR Diagnostics and Tuning Adapter Diagnostics ... SDV SESSION INFO. And you can almost always tune the channel by a re-tune, e.g., chan up/chan down. After a successful re-tune the two frequencies now are the same as the one previously listed in TA Diagnostics.

I've always had this problem on my Tivo HD (Model 652160).

Assuming this is the same TA problem that is the topic of this thread, I cringe at the thought of trying to get some meaningful interaction in reporting it to my cable operator (TWC). They haven't even updated the TA software to the latest build and the last time they pushed an update it disabled all TA's on the system for a day. They are generally clueless, and I suspect uncaring, about TA issues.

Obviously if it isn't the same problem addressed by this thread, I sure don't want to start beating my head against the TWC wall.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #100
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Is this "black screen" problem the same thing that has been known for years as the "SDV Tuning Failure" ?

To clarify, when SDV tuning failure occurs the screen is indeed black. But the defining characteristic is that the frequencies shown for the channel you attempted to tune are different in DVR Diagnostics and Tuning Adapter Diagnostics ... SDV SESSION INFO. And you can almost always tune the channel by a re-tune, e.g., chan up/chan down. After a successful re-tune the two frequencies now are the same as the one previously listed in TA Diagnostics.

I've always had this problem on my Tivo HD (Model 652160).

Assuming this is the same TA problem that is the topic of this thread, I cringe at the thought of trying to get some meaningful interaction in reporting it to my cable operator (TWC). They haven't even updated the TA software to the latest build and the last time they pushed an update it disabled all TA's on the system for a day. They are generally clueless, and I suspect uncaring, about TA issues.

Obviously if it isn't the same problem addressed by this thread, I sure don't want to start beating my head against the TWC wall.
The primary issue is where the status in the Tivo DVR diagnostics show "Response Pending" when requesting the TA to tune a channel. There are no frequencies shown in either the Tivo or the TA diagnostics.

If your seeing different frequencies reported between the two, that likely is something different. I have a TivoHD and this "Pending Response" issue never occurs with it.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #101
QuickBiscuit

I purchased a Roamio 3 weeks ago and have spent hours on the phone with TiVo support concerning the black screen issue. Do they not know about this bug? They had me jumping through hoops including countless calls to Charter support, three charter support visits to my house (fourth scheduled tomorrow) and a TiVo box swap. Finding that this is a known issue is incredibly disappointing and infuriating. The TiVo support team should have told me about this software bug in their box and instead, has wasted my time. They are no better than the crooks as Charter. Boxing my TiVo boxes up and sending them back... What a waste of my time.
QuickBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #102
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickBiscuit View Post
I purchased a Roamio 3 weeks ago and have spent hours on the phone with TiVo support concerning the black screen issue. Do they not know about this bug? They had me jumping through hoops including countless calls to Charter support, three charter support visits to my house (fourth scheduled tomorrow) and a TiVo box swap. Finding that this is a known issue is incredibly disappointing and infuriating. The TiVo support team should have told me about this software bug in their box and instead, has wasted my time. They are no better than the crooks as Charter. Boxing my TiVo boxes up and sending them back... What a waste of my time.
Thanks for sharing.
Good bye.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #103
lew-wolfgang

Quote:
I'd consider putting one of the minis on the family room TV until the TA fix is rolled out to avoid black screens. Now that you can manage the season passes, it would be pretty comparable.
Mini Update:

I've been using both of my Mini's since I swapped out the Pro Roamio last week. Both Mini's worked perfectly until yesterday when the newer one finally had a tune failure.

It happened right after I turned on the TV and woke up the Mini. It was on channel 1037 and when I hit the up-channel button one of those blue "waiting" circles appeared. All buttons on the remote were dead at this point, so I power-cycled the Mini after a few minutes. The reboot failed at a black screen before it got to the welcome video, so I repeated. This time it came up okay and was still tuned to 1037. When I clicked the up-channel button it presented with a black-screen tune failure similar to what I see on the Roamio. A click to 1039 worked, as did a down-click to 1038. Everything was then fine. This is the first time I've observed this behavior on either of my Minis.

I also saw a non-repeatable behavior yesterday. The Roamio failed to tune 1037 and was sitting there with a black screen. I left it alone and went to one of the Mini's and successfully tuned to 1037. When I went back to the Roamio the black screen was gone and 1037 was being correctly displayed. This is the first time I've seen a recovery from black-screen, but I couldn't repeat the behavior.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #104
jwbelcher

Quote:
Mini Update:

I also saw a non-repeatable behavior yesterday. The Roamio failed to tune 1037 and was sitting there with a black screen. I left it alone and went to one of the Mini's and successfully tuned to 1037. When I went back to the Roamio the black screen was gone and 1037 was being correctly displayed. This is the first time I've seen a recovery from black-screen, but I couldn't repeat the behavior.
Thanks for updating us. This is very similar to my Mini experience / black screen with waiting graphic. The non-repeatable is similar to an situation where Roamio had a blackscreen and I subsequently tuned the channel with my TivoHD. It didn't immediately make it available on Roamio, but about 5 mins later I got picture (odd i know) . I think there must be some type of retry (but not full re-tune) either in the Tivo or TA after a failure occurs. I'm going to retry this the next time it happens just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #105
jormerod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing black screens and have a Cisco Tuning Adapter, we'd like your help. We have worked with Cisco and identified a bug in the firmware of the Tuning Adapter that causes it to occasionally fail to respond when we ask it to tune. In order to escalate the priority within Cisco, they need to receive (one or more) requests from Cable Companies to fix it. (Cable Companies are customers of Cisco, TiVo is not.) Once Cisco has updated firmware available, then it will be up to the cable companies to deploy the fix.

So, reporting this issue to your Cable Company will help. After you have called your Cable Company, I would appreciate an email (margret@tivo.com) with the subject: "Cisco Tuning Adapter report" that includes the following information:
- your TiVo Service Number(s)
- your Cable Company
- your city/state/zip code
- the case/incident number you were given when you reported the issue to your cable company
- the name on your cable account
- the phone number associated with your cable account
- for bonus points (optional, not required): If you enter 777-CLEAR and 911-CLEAR when you have black screens, and then connect to the TiVo Service TWICE that will get us additional information about the issue and verify you are seeing the known problem. (Please also let me know the date/time and affected channel.)

This will allow us to track the incidents that have be reported, and encourage the cable companies to request priority attention from Cisco. This will also help us encourage the cable companies to rollout the firmware update when it becomes available.

Thanks!
--Margret
Hi,

I just set up a Roamio plus and mini this weekend. I'm with TWC MIlwaukee and experiencing the black screen when attempting to tune certain channels e.g. AMCHD. Any news on the Cisco TA firmware fix? Any other suggestions that may resolve the issue?

Regrads,

John
jormerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #106
lew-wolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jormerod View Post
Hi,

I just set up a Roamio plus and mini this weekend. I'm with TWC MIlwaukee and experiencing the black screen when attempting to tune certain channels e.g. AMCHD. Any news on the Cisco TA firmware fix? Any other suggestions that may resolve the issue?
Hi John,

Do you see the tuning failure on your Mini? In my case I've had a Mini fail to tune only once since early September, and I've got two of them now. All recorded shows have tuned correctly too.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #107
jwbelcher

Quote:
Hi John,

Do you see the tuning failure on your Mini? In my case I've had a Mini fail to tune only once since early September, and I've got two of them now. All recorded shows have tuned correctly too.
I must be getting the raw end of this deal. I just had my first recording get missed last night (HIMYM) - history showed No Signal. Had to switch back to my TivoHD. Here's the crap IMHO - the tuning adapter can fail on a non-SDV?!?!?! Ridiculous. But the DVR / TA diagnostics confirmed it - no Freq on either. Tuning Adapter response pending...

I would not have 1 problem with SDV if it didn't cause these types of issues. Its like circa 2008 when I first received my TA. Missed Dexter a few times and put it on a timer to restart daily. Too bad something like that doesn't help out these days....

What can I say; I must be a sucker. I'm all in and just waiting for a fix.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #108
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing black screens and have a Cisco Tuning Adapter, we'd like your help. We have worked with Cisco and identified a bug in the firmware of the Tuning Adapter that causes it to occasionally fail to respond when we ask it to tune. In order to escalate the priority within Cisco, they need to receive (one or more) requests from Cable Companies to fix it. (Cable Companies are customers of Cisco, TiVo is not.) Once Cisco has updated firmware available, then it will be up to the cable companies to deploy the fix.

So, reporting this issue to your Cable Company will help. After you have called your Cable Company, I would appreciate an email (margret@tivo.com) with the subject: "Cisco Tuning Adapter report" that includes the following information:
- your Cable Company
- the case/incident number you were given when you reported the issue to your cable company
- for bonus points (optional, not required): If you enter 777-CLEAR and 911-CLEAR when you have black screens, and then connect to the TiVo Service TWICE that will get us additional information about the issue and verify you are seeing the known problem. (Please also let me know the date/time and affected channel.)

This will allow us to track the incidents that have be reported, and encourage the cable companies to request priority attention from Cisco. This will also help us encourage the cable companies to rollout the firmware update when it becomes available.

Thanks!
--Margret
Has anyone seen or been testing a newer Cisco TA Firmware than the following version:

FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601 - Jan 31, 2012

CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #109
sbiller

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Has anyone seen or been testing a newer Cisco TA Firmware than the following version:

I've been told that a newer version was released from Cisco to BHN earlier this month. I'm hoping they'll release it to customers in the near future.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #110
jwbelcher

I was starting to wonder how things were going with it. Let's hope it straightens out all these little issues. You'd think with the BHN technology relationship with TWC, they may find this coming their way not long after. Thanks for the update
Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #111
BHNtechXpert

Quote:
I was starting to wonder how things were going with it. Let's hope it straightens out all these little issues. You'd think with the BHN technology relationship with TWC, they may find this coming their way not long after. Thanks for the update
If Tivo had sent us the new units AND firmware prior to release this could have been avoided. And to be clear this was not impactful until the latest release of Tivo firmware and Roamio models. There were no changes to the Tuning Adapter firmware whatsoever that caused this. The minute it was clear something was not right we engaged Tivo and Cisco so while I understand your frustration lets be clear where it should be directed.
BHNtechXpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #112
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Hi everyone,

- your Cable Company

Thanks!
--Margret
Margret,

Kudos to you for your efforts. If you ever manage to get my provider, TWC Southwest Ohio, to do anything along the lines of updating firmware on either CableCARD's or TA's, it will be a minor miracle. To my knowledge they simply never do such updates. The last one I know of was a TA firmware update three years ago -- and they botched that so badly it shut down all the TA's on their system for a day.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #113
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHNtechXpert View Post
If Tivo had sent us the new units AND firmware prior to release this could have been avoided. And to be clear this was not impactful until the latest release of Tivo firmware and Roamio models. There were no changes to the Tuning Adapter firmware whatsoever that caused this. The minute it was clear something was not right we engaged Tivo and Cisco so while I understand your frustration lets be clear where it should be directed.
For me, its not directed at BHN at all. I've been amazed on how BHN and yourself have supported this after the fact. It was an oversight not to send these units out to the Cable Cos, but to be fair, its hard to say that all of them would be as responsive as you guys. Overall, with this and all the CableCard / TA support at dslreports, its shown at least BHN isn't trying to lock folks into their STB.

While I'm happy to be receiving the firmware update soon, my comment about the TWC / BHN relationship was hoping that the folks with TWC in the forum may also receive this update in the near future. Has BHN been engaged with TWC to be able to comment on that?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #114
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post

The ver above is what is on the cisco ta that I have.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #115
BHNtechXpert

Quote:
For me, its not directed at BHN at all. I've been amazed on how BHN and yourself have supported this after the fact. It was an oversight not to send these units out to the Cable Cos, but to be fair, its hard to say that all of them would be as responsive as you guys. Overall, with this and all the CableCard / TA support at dslreports, its shown at least BHN isn't trying to lock folks into their STB.

While I'm happy to be receiving the firmware update soon, my comment about the TWC / BHN relationship was hoping that the folks with TWC in the forum may also receive this update in the near future. Has BHN been engaged with TWC to be able to comment on that?
You made several assumptions that just aren't correct. First of all the issue has to be identified then validated with the impacted vendor(s). Remember this isn't impacting other 3rd party vendors just Tivo. Once an issue has been validated with xyz product MSO's are totally reliant on the MFR to fix their product (which in this case was Cisco). Cisco then fixes whatever the issue may be and releases the fix to the impacted MSO's.

From there the fix has to be validated in our labs to make sure that (1) it actually solves the problem (2) won't introduce new possibly worse issues (3) won't negatively impact our systems, operations and other customers. TWC like us has a process by which we follow for this and there's reason why things take as long as they do. Lots of things need to be tested and this isn't the only thing we're working on right now..lots of fish to fry.

For what its worth this issue was fasttracked but there is a limit to which no MSO will cross when it comes to validations. We and I'm sure TWC will not release something until we're comfortable that this is going to be a minimal impact upgrade.

The better solution to this is the next time Tivo identifies a problem they come to me to directly (not through their customers) and I will engage all necesary parties so that we're all on the same page and working together without a delay.

We have the code from Cisco and are working as fast as possible to get it out to you guys. In the meantime I encourage you to reach out to me in our direct forums at DSLR and I will gather your info and keep you updated along the way.

But to be clear neither ourselves or TWC are dragging our feet on this...it isn't as if we weren't already involved in other things that have equal or higher priority because of impact. This was preventable from the start with a little bit of communication from Tivo.

If I sound a bit irritated it's because I am. We have worked extremely hard to ensure a seamless experience for our Tivo customers and this should have been addressed company to company and not through our mutual customers. We know how to communicate with each other and what needs to be done to investigate these types of things. Customers should not be asked to call their providers and insist on tickets being submitted especially when they have my contact information already and have for quite some time.

Last edited by BHNtechXpert : 12-08-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #116
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHNtechXpert View Post
You made several assumptions that just aren't correct. First of all the issue has to be identified then validated with the impacted vendor(s). Remember this isn't impacting other 3rd party vendors just Tivo. Once an issue has been validated with xyz product MSO's are totally reliant on the MFR to fix their product (which in this case was Cisco). Cisco then fixes whatever the issue may be and releases the fix to the impacted MSO's.

From there the fix has to be validated in our labs to make sure that (1) it actually solves the problem (2) won't introduce new possibly worse issues (3) won't negatively impact our systems, operations and other customers. TWC like us has a process by which we follow for this and there's reason why things take as long as they do. Lots of things need to be tested and this isn't the only thing we're working on right now..lots of fish to fry.

For what its worth this issue was fasttracked but there is a limit to which no MSO will cross when it comes to validations. We and I'm sure TWC will not release something until we're comfortable that this is going to be a minimal impact upgrade.

The better solution to this is the next time Tivo identifies a problem they come to me to directly (not through their customers) and I will engage all necesary parties so that we're all on the same page and working together without a delay.

We have the code from Cisco and are working as fast as possible to get it out to you guys. In the meantime I encourage you to reach out to me in our direct forums at DSLR and I will gather your info and keep you updated along the way.

But to be clear neither ourselves or TWC are dragging our feet on this...it isn't as if we weren't already involved in other things that have equal or higher priority because of impact. This was preventable from the start with a little bit of communication from Tivo.

If I sound a bit irritated it's because I am. We have worked extremely hard to ensure a seamless experience for our Tivo customers and this should have been addressed company to company and not through our mutual customers. We know how to communicate with each other and what needs to be done to investigate these types of things. Customers should not be asked to call their providers and insist on tickets being submitted especially when they have my contact information already and have for quite some time.
Wow, Gary, just don't shoot the mutual customers in the process. I get your irritated, but we're on the side-line here with at best conjecture to talk about. But don't make your own assumptions about what I'm saying or my opinions. I've not once suggested it was your guys fault or that your dragging your feet. On the contrary, it was an attempt to show YOU and BHN some appreciation. Please don't assume customers are not on your side.. this is disappointing.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #117
BHNtechXpert

Quote:
Wow, Gary, just don't shoot the mutual customers in the process. I get your irritated, but we're on the side-line here with at best conjecture to talk about. But don't make your own assumptions about what I'm saying or my opinions. I've not once suggested it was your guys fault or that your dragging your feet. On the contrary, it was attempt to show some YOU and BHN some appreciation. Please don't assume customers are not on your side.. this is disappointing.
You are taking it personally and it's not intended that way...honest. I am however taking this opportunity to clear the record because I have been on the recpient end of what Tivo is telling their customers not to mention the request that was posted in the forums here. I also took this opportunity to explain the process to you so that you know these things just can't happen overnight and that every effort is ongoing to get this remedied as quickly as possible. Nobody wants this to happen faster than I do...especially with Christmas hot on our heals. I think we both know that these devices are going to be under a lot of trees

My frustration is not at you guys Not at all.... But at least you guys know there is an active and open conduit of communication available, people just need to use it. So the next time this happens the first question you guys should ask of TivoMargaret is "Have you reached out to Gary yet"? If the answer is no...then you know what you need to do
Old 12-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #118
jwbelcher

No hard feelings Gary, but now Sam on the other hand just kidding!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #119
BHNtechXpert

Quote:
No hard feelings Gary, but now Sam on the other hand just kidding!
Oh good we can bash Sam together then Oh wait he has all my contact info including home phone and cell....can I take that back lol

Actually lives very close to me and knows I'm here for you guys anytime, anywhere. I have worked with Sam for YEARS!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #120
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Hmm. After having absolutely no problems since getting the Roamio, I've suddenly started having the black screen issue tuner failure repeatedly in the last 3-4 days or so. I wish I knew if someone pushed an update out to tell if that was the culprit or not.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote