TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
DLHuser2014

Help With Premiere 4 Signal Issues

Hello, hoping someone can help me with this as I seem to be stuck in Purgatory between the mercy of TiVo and Mediacom...

Yesterday (Sunday 11/10) as of about noon my time, I was watching TV on my Premiere 4 when all of a sudden, the picture went black and got the message "Searching for a signal on this channel (V52)..." I rebooted my TiVo with no success and tried to re-seat the CableCARD. I ruled out the cable run to that outlet by directly connecting the coax directly to my TV as well as trying my working Premiere AND my Mediacom-supplied digital box in which all of that worked great... So it's not a cable/line issue... I'm using Moca and I can still use Youtube, Netflix, etc so my coax is connected as properly as I can check it!

I called up TiVo support Sunday and went through their troubleshooting, in which they blamed it on the CableCARD. I then took my working CableCARD in my premiere, inserted it in the non-working Premiere 4 and had Mediacom pair it to the P4 - no success, I paired it back to my working premiere and it came right back. Today (Monday 11/11) I swapped CableCARDS and contacted Mediacom to pair it to my Premiere 4 - lo and behold, the problem still persists. I also tried this on other known working outlets in my house... Not using any surge protectors and plugged directly to the outlet, etc...

I checked the DVR Diagnostics on my TiVo and I'm getting 0dB SNR with no signal lock or program lock on all four tuners and the modulation is steadily switching between QAM 64 and 256 (which is odd since the Premiere 4 doesn't have an analog tuner)... The OOB is getting an SNR of 23dB with a positive signal lock and a VCT ID of 124.

The Conditional Access menu is showing just 4 lines of information with Con: Yes EBCP: Yes Val: V 0x00. TiVo is saying the CableCARD is the culrpit. We did the 3-way call with Mediacom and they state that everything is looking in order there and sent hits and pairing signals multiple times... And again, 3 different CableCARDs (and at least 1 known working card) and I'm getting the same info to show for each one (and the working card was successfully re-paired right away with my known working TiVo). After talking with TiVo support again today for over an hour, they are blaming Mediacom and the Card again...

Sorry this is a long synopsis but I'm at my wits end. I've had this Premiere 4 since March and as of right now, it is a very expensive paperweight. TiVo wants me to try yet another card while I don't believe it's a card issue... I believe it's a hardware issue somewhere. I just want it to work and right now, I'm just getting shuttled back and forth.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions before I'm driven to drink? LOL

Thank you!

Last edited by DLHuser2014 : 11-11-2013 at 10:33 PM.
DLHuser2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLHuser2014 View Post
Hello, hoping someone can help me with this as I seem to be stuck in Purgatory between the mercy of TiVo and Mediacom...

Yesterday (Sunday 11/10) as of about noon my time, I was watching TV on my Premiere 4 when all of a sudden, the picture went black and got the message "Searching for a signal on this channel (V52)..." I rebooted my TiVo with no success and tried to re-seat the CableCARD. I ruled out the cable run to that outlet by directly connecting the coax directly to my TV as well as trying my working Premiere AND my Mediacom-supplied digital box in which all of that worked great... So it's not a cable/line issue... I'm using Moca and I can still use Youtube, Netflix, etc so my coax is connected as properly as I can check it!

I called up TiVo support Sunday and went through their troubleshooting, in which they blamed it on the CableCARD. I then took my working CableCARD in my premiere, inserted it in the non-working Premiere 4 and had Mediacom pair it to the P4 - no success, I paired it back to my working premiere and it came right back. Today (Monday 11/11) I swapped CableCARDS and contacted Mediacom to pair it to my Premiere 4 - lo and behold, the problem still persists. I also tried this on other known working outlets in my house... Not using any surge protectors and plugged directly to the outlet, etc...

I checked the DVR Diagnostics on my TiVo and I'm getting 0dB SNR with no signal lock or program lock on all four tuners and the modulation is steadily switching between QAM 64 and 256 (which is odd since the Premiere 4 doesn't have an analog tuner)... The OOB is getting an SNR of 23dB with a positive signal lock and a VCT ID of 124.

The Conditional Access menu is showing just 4 lines of information with Con: Yes EBCP: Yes Val: V 0x00. TiVo is saying the CableCARD is the culrpit. We did the 3-way call with Mediacom and they state that everything is looking in order there and sent hits and pairing signals multiple times... And again, 3 different CableCARDs (and at least 1 known working card) and I'm getting the same info to show for each one (and the working card was successfully re-paired right away with my known working TiVo). After talking with TiVo support again today for over an hour, they are blaming Mediacom and the Card again...

Sorry this is a long synopsis but I'm at my wits end. I've had this Premiere 4 since March and as of right now, it is a very expensive paperweight. TiVo wants me to try yet another card while I don't believe it's a card issue... I believe it's a hardware issue somewhere. I just want it to work and right now, I'm just getting shuttled back and forth.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions before I'm driven to drink? LOL

Thank you!
Sent you a PM so you can contact a person at Mediacom who might be able to help...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
DogsOfWarandPeac

I had a Premiere that wouldn't tune some channels last year and over the course of a few days also became very sluggish to remote input. TiVo swapped it out and the replacement had no issues.
DogsOfWarandPeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
cydeweyz

I had the same issues, same menu reading/errors/etc, but no 2nd Tivo to test multiple cable cards with. I'm glad you had many devices to work with to rule out the cable card issue. I still have a dead Tivo. Sent to WeaKnees and they say the Premiere's hardware has no issue. Comcast has replaced the cable card and came out to test lines and call Tivo while in my house and still NO resolution 3 months later. I hope somebody figures this out sooner than never.
cydeweyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
DLHuser2014

Well after a couple more CableCARD swaps, which were brand new cards out of the box, and noticing that I'm getting 0 signal on all 4 tuners on all known working outlets in the house, TiVo finally suspects a hardware issue and is swapping it out.

I'm hoping the replacement should fix it! I'll report back the results!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
DLHuser2014

Update

Well just an update on this. I received my replacement Premiere 4 today, went through the setup and got Mediacom to pair the card and it worked like a charm.

It seemed like I had a tuner failure.