TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #31
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
As long as the walkers are on the outside of the fence, there's no reason to waste all of your ammo shooting at them. As others have said, ammo has to be a somewhat scarce resource at this point.
I can see this for the most part, in normal walker times, but these walkers weren't just all around the perimeter like they used to be, they were up against the fence in one spot and in an already weakened spot. It was an oddity that should have been handled differently. like with a lot of ammo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #32
getreal
postcrastinator

Whoever built the prison should have dug the fence post holes much deeper than the apparent 6 inches.

If you want a 12 foot tall fence, the depth for the fence posts need to go 1/3 of the height, or 4 feet deep.

If your fence is 20 feet high, then the posts need to go to a depth of about 7 feet.

The only parts breaking in the zombie world would be, literally, the "weak link in the chain" link where it attaches to the fence posts.

Quote:
"Depending on the geographical location, fence height, and fencing materials used, post hole size may vary," says the Hoover Fence Co. A rule of thumb it recommends is to dig the hole to a depth one-third of the height of the fence that's above ground, so that a 12-foot-high fence requires a 4-foot hole. Typically, a chain link fence with a gate requires even deeper post holes to withstand the additional stress of a moving gate, advises Hoover Fence.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/decision_7180998...#ixzz2kOyLsQSD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #33
LaurenLMHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Neither Herschel nor Maggie were originals.
That's why I said "almost since the beginning." I only said Carol was an original
LaurenLMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #34
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLMHC View Post
That's why I said "almost since the beginning." I only said Carol was an original
That's why I did not say that you said they were originals. I only said that Herschel and Maggie were not originals.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #35
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Whoever built the prison should have dug the fence post holes much deeper than the apparent 6 inches.

If you want a 12 foot tall fence, the depth for the fence posts need to go 1/3 of the height, or 4 feet deep.

If your fence is 20 feet high, then the posts need to go to a depth of about 7 feet.

The only parts breaking in the zombie world would be, literally, the "weak link in the chain" link where it attaches to the fence posts.
Not to mention they'd be set in concrete.

I'd imagine a prison fence has much different depth requirements so prisoners can't tunnel their way out like every prison movie ever.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #36
jradosh
Newlywed

My money's still on the crazy child for feeding the rats to the walkers.

Love Herschel's "put down the Bible, pick up the shotgun" moment.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #37
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Well, duh she's going to be back!

As for their lack of being upset, I think the point the writers are trying to make (and not doing a very good job) is that Carol murdered two of their own. By Carol's standards, Glenn, Herschel, Creepy Child, and everybody else in the sick ward would now be dead. Because that's what we do with sick people when we're Carol.

Carol really has turned into something of a monster. The mystery, given that the writers have clearly set her up for that, is that everybody isn't more upset with what she did.
I disagree! I think the intent is to show us how desensitized everyone has become to the loss of a close friend/loved one. Pragmatism rules supreme and emotions are really kept in check "for the sake of the tribe".
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #38
pmyers

I'm hoping the sickness is done. Their "lockdown" procedures still frustrate me. That just could have been handled so much better.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #39
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I'm hoping the sickness is done. Their "lockdown" procedures still frustrate me. That just could have been handled so much better.
Well, since Hersh was the one who kept holding out hope that it'll all be ok and a lot of the "procedure" was his doing. This should be an eye opener.

But Hersh is an idiot at times, so..

In the cell, door shut, unless you NEED to be out.

If you can't get up, you get tied down.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #40
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Does anyone remember that Herschel also kept a load of Walkers in his barn? for months?

He is not the brightest bulb when it comes to some things, but he is very good with medical.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #41
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

I thought Lizzy was the one feeding the walkers on the fence, but we never learned for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Really tired of Lizzy. I thought she had a plan taunting the Walker. I was wrong.
Her plan was to get it away from Glen so that it didn't kill him.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #42
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
That is exactly what I thought. Not a bad idea but it would have been better if she had a long metal spike to put thru the walkers head.

Maggie was great this episode. Loved seeing her shoot out the glass.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #43
pmyers

Was there even anything mechanically keeping the cells shut once they were closed? Did it take a manual "lever" to open them?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #44
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Was there even anything mechanically keeping the cells shut once they were closed? Did it take a manual "lever" to open them?
No, it looked like they were just closed, but not locked. I'm assuming the thinking is that the walkers don't open things. they push through, so as long as they don't wedge into the edge of the door it won't easily be opened.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #45
ihatecable
Crazy Collies

Adam Savage on Talking Dead addressed some of the fence issues "triangles are your friend",lol
ihatecable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #46
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Does anyone remember that Herschel also kept a load of Walkers in his barn? for months?

He is not the brightest bulb when it comes to some things, but he is very good with medical.
He thought there would be a cure. He was never in the outside world and had no idea how bad things were (or the proof Rick had from the CDC). I don't think he made a bad assumption.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #47
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I wondered the same...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #48
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Well, yes and no. She did want to get it away from Glenn, but she actually thought she was calling it and that he was coming because she was calling. She was surprised when he attacked her and told Herschel as much - she thought he was listening to her, not hunting her.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #49
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
Well, yes and no. She did want to get it away from Glenn, but she actually thought she was calling it and that he was coming because she was calling. She was surprised when he attacked her and told Herschel as much - she thought he was listening to her, not hunting her.
Yeah...she was also calling it by name. Where has this kid been?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #50
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Yeah...she was also calling it by name. Where has this kid been?
Hanging out with Hershel to much.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #51
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Right. Her attitude towards the walkers is why I assumed (and kind of still do) that she was the one feeding them. However, I thought we have seen multiple episodes now where she has been proven wrong. Didn't she even reflect on this in a prior episode?
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #52
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
That is exactly what I thought. Not a bad idea but it would have been better if she had a long metal spike to put thru the walkers head.
There was no way she was going to kill the walker. She thinks walkers are still people.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #53
pmyers

If I was Rick....I'd make sure I was with the rest of the council when I told Daryl.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #54
danterner
Not it!

"Daryl, I had no choice but to exile her. She was making unilateral decisions that affected the group. Wait, um, I mean..."
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #55
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
"Daryl, I had no choice but to exile her. She was making unilateral decisions that affected the group. Wait, um, I mean..."
Why do people keep saying that? Did I miss some scene where Rick told Carol he was exiling her?

All I saw was Rick saying (or implying) that he would not keep Carol's murders a secret, that Tyreese might attack Carol, and that Rick would not trust Carol around his kids anymore. It seemed like the two of them agreed that it would be best for Carol not to come back. But if Carol had said, "I'm coming back", I did not see anything to lead me to believe that Rick would tell her "I won't allow it".
Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #56
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

It seemed clear to me...
Old 11-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #57
Zevida
witless and unarmed

It was pretty clear to me too. Rick told her he can't trust her in the group and she'd better find another one. She did protest. He was firm.

- billypritchard
Old 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #58
john4200

Quote:
It was pretty clear to me too. Rick told her he can't trust her in the group and she'd better find another one. She did protest. He was firm.
He was firm in telling her what he thought -- he thought that Tyreese would try to kill her, that the other people would not want her around, and if everybody else died and it was just the two of them (plus his kids, presumably), he would not have her there with his kids. That last was the only time he gave her any orders, and he prefaced that with saying if it were only the two of them.

Carol was in denial that what she did was wrong. Rick had to talk harshly to try to get her to realize it. I'm not sure he succeeded completely, but between Rick's comment about not wanting her around his kids, and the other points he made, it seemed that Carol was persuaded that it would be best for her to not come back to the prison. Certainly Rick did not forbid her from coming back, let alone "exile" her.

Last edited by john4200 : 11-12-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #59
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
She didn't *really* protest. She didn't say "I don't care if you don't like what I did - I'm coming back to the prison, and you can't stop me. We can take this up with the rest of the Council."

No, maybe that was because she still sees Rick as the implicit leader of the group, despite the fact that she was on the Council and he wasn't. Or maybe it was because when looking at her actions through the eyes of another, she understood that she crossed a line. I think the latter is more likely.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #60
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Rick definitely exiled her.

Carol definitely protested.

Just because they did not spell out the words doesn't mean it didn't happen. They did a lot of it with body languages, looks, and implications.

- billypritchard