TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
MajDrama

Xfinity On Demand for Tivo HD?

Is there any movement to be able to access the Comcast/Xfinity OnDemand programming for the Tivo HD? I know we can get Netflix & Amazon (which we have to pay for the movies) but it seems ridiculous we cannot access the Xfinity OnDemand programming when we're paying the cable company for it. I have had a Tivo since the beginning (the HD box being my second one) and i have a lifetime service plan -- so getting the latest & greatest Tivo is not an option. I dont want to have to get the Comcast DVR but its kind of getting to that point. Anyone hear anything in the works for those of us with Tivo HD?
MajDrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

TiVo doesn't usually go back to older models and add major features to them. Your lifetime subscription has value (I am not sure what that is at the moment) so selling your unit and upgrading to a new model may not be as expensive as you think.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
MajDrama

Hi --thank you for responding!

I dont mean to be stupid, but how does it have any value? I can't transfer it to another box -- its for the lifetime of that box.

I had a Sony series 2 (a long time ago) and i got the lifetime subscription.

Back when the HDs came out, they had this super special, that if you purchased the new Tivo HD, for the *first time ever* (they said at the time), they were offering current lifetime subscriptions to be able to transferred between the old unit and the new Tivo HD purchase. So that is what I did.

I'm assuming that is still the case -- that the lifetime subs are not transferable between boxes.

Or are you suggesting that I sell the box with the lifetime subscription? (eBay?) (which i wouldn't know how to go about doing)

I've not been in the market for a Tivo recently (i do have a Premiere as well, btw, that is in my living room and the HD is working just fine) so I dont know if they even offer lifetime subs anymore. Do they?

If they *don't*, then I'm better off just sticking with the HD and keeping that in the bedroom which where it is now and just deal with it. There's nothing wrong with the box, i can still access Netflix/Amazon (and some programming from my other DVR)

And then pray that the HD lasts as long as the Series 2 did.
MajDrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
sandyjasmine

I have HD too, I can watch On Demand on my computer, but not with the TiVo.
sandyjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
buscuitboy

Overall, Comcast/Xfinity OnDemand for TiVo is pretty much dead in terms of development and improvements. Also, expanding to more markets isn't gonna happen either at this point so the chances of it arriving to a series 3 TiVo are nil or next to nothing. I HIGHLY doubt it will arrive to a Series 3 TiVO of any kind.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajDrama View Post
Or are you suggesting that I sell the box with the lifetime subscription? (eBay?) (which i wouldn't know how to go about doing)

I've not been in the market for a Tivo recently (i do have a Premiere as well, btw, that is in my living room and the HD is working just fine) so I dont know if they even offer lifetime subs anymore. Do they?

If they *don't*, then I'm better off just sticking with the HD and keeping that in the bedroom which where it is now and just deal with it. There's nothing wrong with the box, i can still access Netflix/Amazon (and some programming from my other DVR)

And then pray that the HD lasts as long as the Series 2 did.
Yes I was suggesting that you ebay (or something) the box with lifetime. The lifetime gives the box value to someone. You can buy lifetime on the new boxes also.

You can use the money made from that to offset the purchase of a new unit (with lifetime). It's about the best you can do if you want the onDemand on a TiVo.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
Neal

No Comcast On Demand?

I must be missing something here. Am I on the wrong forum? I have a TiVo Premier and watch Comcast (or Xfinity On Demand all the time.) That is one of the choices along with Netflix and Amazon. This is my third TiVo and my third Lifetime Subscription (always a special promotion). Could it have something to do with the area you live in not providing the full Comcast services?
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
squint

I can watch Xfinity On Demand on my Premiere but not on my Tivo HD. IIRC, the Premiere didn't have that capability until it was introduced in some updates months after it was purchased.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I must be missing something here. Am I on the wrong forum? I have a TiVo Premier and watch Comcast (or Xfinity On Demand all the time.) That is one of the choices along with Netflix and Amazon. This is my third TiVo and my third Lifetime Subscription (always a special promotion). Could it have something to do with the area you live in not providing the full Comcast services?
Yep, this is the Series 3 section, your Premiere is a Series 4, that's why the discussion is about Series 3 units and OnDemand.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
buscuitboy

Yea, Xfinity OnDemand for TiVo works in a limited amount of markets (for Series 4 Premieres) and from what I am hearing there are no immediate plans to expand it. I had hoped it would at least arrive to my market (Atlanta) for my Premieres, but I gave up on that hope a LOOOOONG time ago.

This may change, but even as limited as it is, this also pretty much means there is a FAT chance it will arrive to any of the Series 3 line of TiVo as well.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
Yea, Xfinity OnDemand for TiVo works in a limited amount of markets (for Series 4 Premieres) and from what I am hearing there are no immediate plans to expand it. I had hoped it would at least arrive to my market (Atlanta) for my Premieres, but I gave up on that hope a LOOOOONG time ago.

This may change, but even as limited as it is, this also pretty much means there is a FAT chance it will arrive to any of the Series 3 line of TiVo as well.
And as we all know, TiVo uses the APM instead of FAT, so....

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote