Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #61
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
I have to give Red John credit for knowing Cho's type. The girl he used for the honey trap was very similar to the hooker that he hooked up with a season or two ago. She had the same look and mannerisms.
Heh, I didn't notice because both actors are known to me and thus I had no trouble seeing each as herself. But you're right.

Of course, it's long been established that Red John is all-seeing and all-knowing...

Hey! That's it! God is Red John!

Although he's not on Patrick's list, so that wouldn't really be fair...
Old 10-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #62
debtoine
WTTWDC

Quote:
I have to give Red John credit for knowing Cho's type. The girl he used for the honey trap was very similar to the hooker that he hooked up with a season or two ago. She had the same look and mannerisms.
I had the same thought!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
I told my wife that I'm about 90% sure that VanPelt(sp) and/or hubby will be targeted by RJ before this is all done. They are really starting to push the lovey dovey marriage stuff a bit too much lately. Hubby telling Cho how deeply in love he is and can't live without her blah blah. Same kind of stuff coming from her to some extent.

I think RJ will hit where it hurts Jane, that being his closest friend(s) that he works with.
Oh, I hope not!

Toine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
debtoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #63
Church AV Guy

Quote:
[pedant]BTW... it's "Tyger, Tyger", not "Tiger, Tiger"[/pedant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
It is Tyger, not Tiger...
I had the close captioning on this week, and in every case, it clearly was spelled "TIGER" not "TYGER". I guess they don't care how Blake spelled it, and neither does The Oxford Book of English Verse:

http://www.bartleby.com/101/489.html

Perhaps, he said didactically, we need to be a bit less pedantic.

I can see that they are going to change the show's direction just slightly. After Red John has been finally dealt with, Patrick will be going after the corrupt organization within the law enforcement community. As has been speculated here, likely because the "organization" will kill off some of the people close to Jane, and he'll still have the revenge motive, redirected.

Will the show still have ratings after RJ is gone? I wonder, because they are pretty meager now.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #64
jeepair

Quote:
Yes, but was she even necessary? Any of the RJ suspects could have easily bugged the desk themselves.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #65
ADG
Allan

Quote:
I told my wife that I'm about 90% sure that VanPelt(sp) and/or hubby will be targeted by RJ before this is all done. They are really starting to push the lovey dovey marriage stuff a bit too much lately. Hubby telling Cho how deeply in love he is and can't live without her blah blah. Same kind of stuff coming from her to some extent.

I think RJ will hit where it hurts Jane, that being his closest friend(s) that he works with.
Same here - like a young boxer signaling his punch, the writers are setting us up for the loss of a series regular. I think VanPelt is on her way out.

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #66
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
Same here - like a young boxer signaling his punch, the writers are setting us up for the loss of a series regular. I think VanPelt is on her way out.
I'll take Rigsby over Grace as the one who dies.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #67
loubob57
Running Fool

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Owain Yeoman is probably tired of talking in an American accent anyway.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #68
dwit

Quote:

That's why I was sure he had killed Lisbon, and wonder why he did not? If he wasn't going to kill her, they could have just done without that part.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #69
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Two reasons I'm thinking it's her:

1) She just had a baby and may very well want to spend more time at home and

2) It's Rigsby saying how happy he is. Losing her would be devastating - killing him does not fit in with the dialog up to this point.

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #70
IDSmoker

Quote:
Two reasons I'm thinking it's her: 1) She just had a baby and may very well want to spend more time at home and 2) It's Rigsby saying how happy he is. Losing her would be devastating - killing him does not fit in with the dialog up to this point.
I'm going to be very disappointed if they kill her off, Van Pelt makes up a significant portion of the reason I'm still watching.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #71
RickyL
Don't eat me bro

Quote:
I was so hoping Penny was going to be reoccurring.

"If You chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush, Freewill
RickyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #72
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Which leads to my confusion. I thought Tiger Tiger was a catch-phrase for RJ for all these years. But now it's the secret handshake for a LEO cabal? Or am I missing something?
It feels like a retcon to me, setting up a post-RJ foe.

From what they're setting up, I think the secret law enforcement cabal is going to be red john stooges, if not the true believer / follower types, then at least people who were blackmailed into assisting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG
Two reasons I'm thinking it's her:
I think it is her also. She just doesn't feel as integrated with the series post-pregnancy as she used to be. Plus, Rigsby will be a better character to act out the grief of losing VanPelt than vice-versa.

I definitely sense the death of a major character coming up.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #73
astrohip
Stuart F

Spoilers as to the future of certain specific actors on this show. NOT what happens to him/her/them on the show/plot/storyline, but casting decisions:

Spoiler:
The showrunner had announced before this season started that Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby) and Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt) would be leaving sometime during this season (2013/2014). He didn't give any plot specifics, just that he felt it was time to make some changes, and since the Red John story was going to conclude, this seemed like a good time to make some character changes. He also said one or two new characters would probably be introduced.

I don't have any links for this, but it was publicly announced in several of the TV news sites. A search should find it, should you desire.

astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #74
bacevedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Spoilers as to the future of certain specific actors on this show. NOT what happens to him/her/them on the show/plot/storyline, but casting decisions:
Spoiler:
It would make sense that they would move on after they have pretty much wrapped up their storyline. Now that they are married, there is no more tension in their relationship.

It's possible they won't be killed off but instead they decide to retire or move due to catching Red John or being freaked out by something that will happen with them while catching him. It will be interesting to see.

It would not be satisfying to me if they kill one/both of them off after they spent so long getting them together.

bacevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #75
busyba
The Funcooker

Spoiler:
If Joss Whedon were the show runner, I'd fully expect most of them to die. But he's not. So I'd be surprised if, say, Van Pelt were to get killed, although I agree that there definitely seems to be a cadence to the show right now that would suggest something like that happening

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #76
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
To me that seems too dark for this show. Even with Jane's dark past and outlook, the show itself doesn't seem like one where they'd murder a character like VanPelt.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #77
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
And they seem to be trying really hard to make it look like Haffner is RJ, which makes me no longer think that it's him.
Since they have hinted in the past that Haffner is sweet on Lisbon, it might explain why Red John didn't kill Lisbon at Partridge's.

Assuming he is Red John, of course.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #78
astrohip
Stuart F

Here is the Facebook update from The Mentalist. It appears it was running so late, due to NFL football, they decided to run a repeat instead.

As we've discussed ad infinitum in other threads, CBS is just killing themselves with this. They hype this episode ALL WEEK LONG, then bump it.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #79
eddyj

And it will probably mess with next week's recording, since the DVR thinks it already recorded it.
eddyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #80
john4200

Hmmm. I saw the new episode, S06E06 "Fire and Brimstone", but not from a normal broadcast of it.

Did the network broadcast the new episode anywhere?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #81
john4200

By the way, did anyone catch in last weeks episode (S06E05), the conclusion Jane jumped to -- that the person who killed that woman was RJ? Why couldn't it have been one of RJ's minions?
Old 11-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #82
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Hmmm. I saw the new episode, S06E06 "Fire and Brimstone", but not from a normal broadcast of it.

Did the network broadcast the new episode anywhere?
No, they canceled it at the last minute, after it had already gotten out to the "alternate" sites.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #83
busyba
The Funcooker

Interestingly, the promo for "next weeks episode" that CBS ran after the episode last night was clearly for the subsequent episode after the one that should have aired.

From the promo:
Spoiler:
They said that there were "only three suspects remaining", and they quickly flashed three shots of three of the suspects with "three dot" tattoos on their shoulders. I tried to not pay enough attention to make out who they were, but I think two of them were the FBI guy and the Sheriff.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #84
astrohip
Stuart F

Yep, lots of dots...
Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #85
john4200

I am still concerned that Jane jumped to the conclusion that RJ killed Kira Tinsley.

What we know is that Kira indicated someone with a tattoo, 3 dots on the left shoulder, was the one who did that to her.

But unless I missed something, for all we know, it could have been RJ, a RJ minion, or someone not directly related to RJ at all.

Someone hired Kira to plant a bug at the CBI. It is a good bet (although not certain) that the person who killed her was either the person who hired her, or a hireling of the person who hired her. But that is far from being evidence that the one who Kira saw was RJ.

Here are some possibilities for Kira's killer:

1) It was RJ. So we can assume that RJ is a member of the Tyger conspiracy. If we also assume the original list of 7 suspects includes RJ, then we now know that RJ is one of three remaining suspects: McAllister, Reede, or Bertram. But if RJ is one of those three, just arresting him may not end the killing. He probably has other powerful allies, in the Tyger conspiracy and outside, who may continue RJ's "work".

2) It was a RJ minion. This means we cannot make any certain conclusions about RJ. RJ could be a tattoo-toting member of the Tyger conspiracy, or not (but his minion is). So we still have 5 suspects, including Haffner and Stiles.

3) No direct relation to RJ. Obviously we cannot draw any conclusions about RJ in this case. So again we are left with 5 suspects. Maybe this is less likely, since the killer was a member of the Tyger conspiracy, and one would think the Tyger conspiracy would have better ways to bug the CBI than using a two-bit private detective. Whereas RJ, if he has Tyger conspiracy connections, may not be able to utilize their full power if he is trying to hide his identity from most of the other members.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #86
unixadm
Super Moderator

I'm beginning to suspect that NONE of the suspects are Red John. RJ is a master manipulator....even more than Patrick Jane. Jane was spooked that the video of Lorelei listed every suspect that he had. I'm thinking that RJ has left breadcrumbs for Jane to follow that led him to each of the suspects..all being misdirection. Jane is being played big time by RJ, in my opinion and the final reveal will be someone else that isn't currently a suspect.

There are also clues that could lead us to believe that Jane himself is RJ. but I've heard that the producers have said that isn't the case...but then again, Lost producers said they weren't in purgatory....and we saw how that ended. I was thinking that Jane could be schizophrenic and really is RJ and doesn't realize it. That would explain why he sleeps so much on the couch, why RJ has so much info and how RJ killed people that had special meaning to Jane that no one else knew. If Jane was RJ, the final reveal would be the end of the show, so that apparently is not the case since the series is continuing after the reveal.

Spoiler that reference actor changes
Spoiler:

With the announcement that Rigsby and Van Pelt will be leaving.....could Rigsby be RJ ?

Last edited by unixadm : 11-13-2013 at 09:36 PM.
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #87
smbaker

Spoiler:
haven't the producers told us that red John is one of the suspects?

Never mind, I see unix admin wrote the above in his post... Does anyone have a link to their comments? I'd like to read exactly what they say to be sure there's no easy way to wiggle out of it.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #88
GDG76
Hide your kids/wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixadm View Post
.and we saw how that ended. I was thinking that Jane could be schizophrenic
Minor nitpick/pet peeve..

Schizophrenia is NOT multiple personality disorder! If you have ever had to deal with someone who is truly schizophrenic, there is no comparing the two (especially since almost every case of "multiple personality disorder" has been debunked as fake and I can guarantee you, schizophrenia is quite real).

Before I get nitpicked myself, DID is real: http://psychcentral.com/lib/dispelli...sorder/0009785 but the idea of multiple personalities living in one body is a bunch of malarkey.
GDG76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #89
john4200

S06E07 "The Great Red Dragon"

That was awful. The worst Mentalist episode I can think of. So many people behaving in ways that are just stupid or makes no sense. I would list examples, but I am trying to blank out most of this episode.

The only things I am wondering about are who lost the foot in the explosion; and if Bertram really is RJ (still not 100% convinced), does he have connections to Visualize? Or how do they explain the near fanatical devotion of many of RJ's followers who are clearly not just following the rules of the Blake Association, but are fanatically devoted to RJ himself.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #90
Azlen

If you're going to start a secret criminal organization, the last thing you want to do is mark yourself with an identifiable tattoo. How completely ridiculous is that?
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote