TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
jacbec

TiVo Show Download Problem?

I have problems downloading Shows from my Premiere Elite (XL4). The download transfer won't complete on my new MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9.

Think cTiVo people gave me a reason for my problem of incomplete TiVo Transfer transfers (and incomplete cTiVo transfers). Turns out that the problem Show had a glitch or burp when there was a momentary interruption of the audio/video (sound static and pixelation) at 7:38 into the recording. Guess if there is interruption in the TiVo recording, even for a second, I can forget about downloading the Show. cTiVo provided fast and outstanding support and their cTiVo app is great; it both downloads and converts the file format all in one.

Last edited by jacbec : 11-10-2013 at 09:57 PM.
jacbec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

A glitch will disrupt any transfer of that program, but you still have the partial file that just needs to be converted (unless its been set to delete partials.)

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

I haven't done this for years, so can't be sure you can still do it, but if you have an important recording with a glitch that causes transfer problems, you can
1. transfer the program up until the glitch.
2. pause the program on the original Tivo just after the glitch.
3. transfer the program from the pause point. Depending on the transfer program, you may get this choice - you should get it for a tivo-to-tivo transfer, so if the end destination is a PC or Mac, you can transfer the second half to another TiVo and then transfer to the PC (and presumably use editing software to join the halves.)

Obviously a lot of work, but may occasionally be worth it.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

If you don't have a second Tivo, I believe KMTTG has a 'resume transfer' option that will do the same thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
mattack

Unfortunately, with Premieres, you CANNOT transfer from pause point anymore for computer downloads. (Semi-ironically, they DID add that feature to the iPhone/iPad app, but of course that's unrelated to downloading to computer, because the whole show is encrypted and transcoded anyway.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote