TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Tdurkovich

Channel list help

My husband biught me the tivo roamio for my birthday. We have an antenna type of set up with cable. We don't have a cable box. When I scan the channels I get 281 channels found. When I go to the channel list only 12 channels appear. When I try to watch live tv on those channels, nothin happens. The TiVo says "unable to tune into this channel". We normally get about 100 channels when we attach the cable plug/antenna into the tv itself. It doesn't seem to be reading the channels when we go through the TiVo. I have reset the TiVo twice and rescanned the channels multiple times.
Does that mean TiVo will never work for us?
Is there something I am doing wrong in the set up?
Thanks,
Tracey
Tdurkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdurkovich View Post
My husband biught me the tivo roamio for my birthday. We have an antenna type of set up with cable. We don't have a cable box. When I scan the channels I get 281 channels found. When I go to the channel list only 12 channels appear. When I try to watch live tv on those channels, nothin happens. The TiVo says "unable to tune into this channel". We normally get about 100 channels when we attach the cable plug/antenna into the tv itself. It doesn't seem to be reading the channels when we go through the TiVo. I have reset the TiVo twice and rescanned the channels multiple times.
Thanks,
Tracey
When you say you "reset" the box, does that mean you did the Guided Setup process? When you do that, you should be prompted to indicate how you received your channels (cable or antenna) as well as your location. If this works as it should, then your guide data should reflect whatever TiVo has for that setting. But it's entirely possible that you could get channels not reflected in the guide.
stevewjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
mdscott

Tracey -- a bit of extra detail to stevewjackson's good advice:

I assume you have the basic Roamio model...
Starting from TiVo Central/Settings & Messages/Help/Reset & Restart

The SECOND item on screen should be Repeat Guided Setup

As you work through the guided setup you will be able to confirm your zip code and cable provider. Selecting the correct provider will make sure that the correct channels are set for the TiVo. You will also be able to indicate whether you receive any premium channels such as HBO.

michael
Old 11-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
bobfrank

Do you have a cable card from your cable company installed in the Tivo? If not, that is probably your problem.
bobfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
unitron

Quote:
Thanks,
Tracey
What part of the country are you in, who's your cable company, are you trying to get broadcast, over the air channels, analog cable channels, or digital cable channels?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
We have an antenna type of set up with cable.
Are you trying to set the Roamio up to work with cable or antenna?

The basic Roamio will work with either, but not both at the same time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote