TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 4.92 average.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #571
bayern_fan

I have 1.5.3_F.p.1101 on a Cablevision Cisco card, but the build time is June 6, 2013. Interesting...
bayern_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #572
HDRyder9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffithStrife View Post
Do you have a name we can ask for or any more info on how you got them to update you. I think AndyF and I would both benefit from it.

AndyF posted over at the comcast boards everyone should go post there has well, let Comcast know we need this update.
This is a local issue. You need to get your local management involved. The firmware upgrades are sent from the head end in your area. No amount of prodding in the wrong head end is going to help.
HDRyder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #573
FACTAgent

I am participating in a beta test with Cablevision of NDS firmware ending in 0601 that supports all six tuners. After a shaky start last night with intermittent channel not available and audio issues, possibly attributable to card not having received the channel list (according to DVR diagnostics), I came home tonight to find channel list received and card functioning much better so far. I'll let everyone know how it goes over the next week.
FACTAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #574
grey ghost

I am running a Cisco 1.5.2. Fp 1401 that was put out in April of 2009. Why should Comcast expect for cards this old to function properly in new technology and do they really care because they are trying to force us to use their hardware?

When can we start to file with the FCC on questions like this? Access to a cable card is mandated, but does the FCC mandate that the cards have to reasonably up to date?
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #575
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern_fan View Post
I have 1.5.3_F.p.1101 on a Cablevision Cisco card, but the build time is June 6, 2013. Interesting...
That is correct for the CV Cisco card. The recent posts are from CV NDS card users. It is a different firmware system.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #576
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
I am running a Cisco 1.5.2. Fp 1401 that was put out in April of 2009. Why should Comcast expect for cards this old to function properly in new technology and do they really care because they are trying to force us to use their hardware?

When can we start to file with the FCC on questions like this? Access to a cable card is mandated, but does the FCC mandate that the cards have to reasonably up to date?
They don't really give a ****, they do want you to use their hardware. You can try an fcc complaint. http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

However I had the same firmware and it worked okay for 5 tuners. FCC mandates they support 4 or the highest number of tuners they offer in their hardware, whichever is greater.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #577
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNJ View Post
They don't really give a ****, they do want you to use their hardware.
I think company wide policies make that true. But all the cable companies have people in them that truly want to help. It is just a matter of being able to find and get in touch with these people.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #578
KevinG

What happens if I walk into BestBuy, buy a 6 tuner Roamio, and return it after 5 days because it isn't a 6 tuner Roamio?

What happens if I do that every week?

Not that I would do that, but I wondering what is going to ultimately get this problem fixed? There's no way I'm buying a Roamio until my area is confirmed to be working (mostly because I absolutely HATE dealing with Comcast, and don't want to get involved with this fight.) That being said, I'd love to buy a Roamio! (well, two actually, to replace my series 3s, and 4 minis).
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #579
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
What happens if I walk into BestBuy, buy a 6 tuner Roamio, and return it after 5 days because it isn't a 6 tuner Roamio?

Not that I would do that, but I wondering what is going to ultimately get this problem fixed? There's no way I'm buying a Roamio until my area is confirmed to be working (mostly because I absolutely HATE dealing with Comcast, and don't want to get involved with this fight.) That being said, I'd love to buy a Roamio! (well, two actually, to replace my series 3s, and 4 minis).
Not sure what that would accomplish at all. Best Buy isn't the problem, Comcast is in your case. I doubt BB has more / any pull with Comcast. If anyone does it's Tivo complaining to them, and that is not very likely even.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #580
NJguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACTAgent View Post
I am participating in a beta test with Cablevision of NDS firmware ending in 0601 that supports all six tuners. After a shaky start last night with intermittent channel not available and audio issues, possibly attributable to card not having received the channel list (according to DVR diagnostics), I came home tonight to find channel list received and card functioning much better so far. I'll let everyone know how it goes over the next week.
Same here but I won't be home until Monday to try it out Ed said that was ok. My guess is that we'll test it out for a couple of weeks (like AdamNJ did with the Cisco card) and then they'll start pushing it out.
NJguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #581
FACTAgent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACTAgent View Post
Still having some intermittent v58 errors. No missed recordings so far, just surfing issues. No rhyme or reason thus far re: which tuner or which channels. My contact # CV said they did not see this during their testing. We confirmed my signal levels were good and I sent him the specifics.
FACTAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:35 AM   #582
fastermac

Intermittent V 58 error.

I also have Cablevision with the NDS card and get intermittent v58 error with certain channels like 715 YESHD.

I have a Roamio Pro and 2 Minis. I have gotten the error on the Roamio and one of the Minis. I also have had trouble viewing those channels with the Tivo App on an iPad.

The channels will come in fine one minute and while channel surfing the problem will all of a sudden appear. It is driving me crazy.

Other than this problem the Roamio and Minis are working great. Interface is fast and picture quality is outstanding. Network is wired Ethernet.
fastermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #583
BobCamp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post

I'd do that every few weeks, not every week. Or keep checking back here to see if the problems have been fixed. Or just by the four tuner version.

They're working on it, but it looks like it might take a while.
BobCamp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #584
NJguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastermac View Post
I also have Cablevision with the NDS card and get intermittent v58 error with certain channels like 715 YESHD.

I have a Roamio Pro and 2 Minis. I have gotten the error on the Roamio and one of the Minis. I also have had trouble viewing those channels with the Tivo App on an iPad.

The channels will come in fine one minute and while channel surfing the problem will all of a sudden appear. It is driving me crazy.

Other than this problem the Roamio and Minis are working great. Interface is fast and picture quality is outstanding. Network is wired Ethernet.
This should hopefully be fixed soon. Some are beta testing the fix for NDS cards but it may be a few weeks before it starts rolling out to all NDS card users.

For now you can drop down to 4 tuners for now and you won't have that issue. You'll have to find out what tuners aren't working though. Go back to earlier posts (I don't remember which exactly) to see how to do this. All things considered, the team at Cablevision has been pretty responsive but, as others continue to say, you have to get the right tech on the phone.

Good luck for now and patience is your friend. It will be sooner rather than later and you'll be all set. I'm in same boat with Roamio and 2 minis....although a few times I've lost connection to mini's that are hard wired so I think I may switch to MoCa route.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #585
fastermac

V 58 Error

NJguy thanks for the quick response. I'll look up how to set up the 4 tuners and then I'll wait for the software fix. Thanks for the advice.

I have not had any network connection issues between the Minis and the Roamio. I have all 3 receiving IP's using DHCP from an Apple TimeCapsule.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #586
NJguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastermac View Post
NJguy thanks for the quick response. I'll look up how to set up the 4 tuners and then I'll wait for the software fix. Thanks for the advice.

I have not had any network connection issues between the Minis and the Roamio. I have all 3 receiving IP's using DHCP from an Apple TimeCapsule.
No problem. Glad to respond. You'll be running off all 6 tuners soon. I was going to return my Plus because you never know when a fix might come and a key reason for buying it (IMO) is for the 6 tuners. Cablevision has been good about communicating with me and updating and seem to be on top of it....maybe more than other companies out there even.

With the Roamio, I have mine to an Airport Extreme with Ultra 101 service and goes through a couple bridges and I do see the signal strength go down a bit. Not that big a deal though. It happens rarely but figured I've got the cable wires right there by the mini's so it may work out better for me anyway.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #587
HDRyder9

As a side note, the 1.5.3_F.p.1101 firmware appears to have fixed any pixilation issues I had, too.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #588
supie

What is the Solution for the Roamio Cable Cards?

I was wondering if anyone has found the solution to your Cable Card issue and now have a history of getting all 6 Tuners working (for more than a week) on your Roamio? If so what card did you end up with and how did you get the right card from the cable company. (Who did you contact, did you have to escalate it, etc. If not what cards have you tried and results?

I have read through all 20 pages of the Forum Thread and my conclusion is that nobody has posted a firm answer as to what CC Firmware will work.

I have compiled a list of some people on the forum and where I believe they are now. In post this I hope I can solve my issue and then post what the solution is for others to read.

My equipment is a Roamio Pro, Charter Cable, Current Firmware 1.5.2_F.p.2801, 5 Tuners working.

Thanks in Advance

Charter Supie (author this post) RoamioPro 1.5.2_F.p.2801 4 0r 5 Tuners ?

Comcast andyf 1.5.2_3001 5 Tuners
Charter RustySTL 1.5.2_3001
Comcast HDRyder9 1.5.3.1101 6 Tuners
Charter pshivers 1.5.2_F.p.2401 5 Tuners
Charter Ryan Nelson Not Sure
CableVision profet 1.5.3.0601 – Good
Charter Unbeliever Not Sure
Charter tim1724 Not Sure
CableVision AdamNJ 1.5.3_F.p.1101

TiVoMargret VP at Tivo Reported the following:
1.5.2.3001 - Problem 4 Tuners ?
1.5.3.0601 – Inconclusive 6 Tuners ?
1.5.3.1101 – good 6 Tuners
Tivo S3 – 1.25TB – Lifetime
Tivo Desktop – 4TB
Tivo iPad App x2
RIP TiVo S3 x2
RIP Replay TV x 4

Last edited by supie : 11-09-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Correction
supie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #589
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by supie View Post
I was wondering if anyone has found the solution to your Cable Card issue and now have a history of getting all 6 Tuners working (for more than a week) on your Roamio?

CableVision AdamNJ 1.5.3_F.p.1101
Yes, SA/Cisco 1.5.3_F.p.1101 is confirmed as good for over a month and a half. All 6 tuners working and less pixelation/macroblocking then I have before. There are at least 6 other CV customers who have confirmed it as well, although i don't have their names off the top of my head.

Last edited by AdamNJ : 11-09-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #590
andyf

Waiting for Comcast to call back. Although I don't expect to hear from them again.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #591
bmgoodman

So this tuner issue becomes increasingly problematic over time? So it works for a week and suddenly has problems? Can't I just reboot the Tivo weekly and keep all 6 tuners working? OR am I misunderstanding this problem?
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #592
James315

Ed set me up with the new NDS firmware and I've been 4-5 days now with no tuning problems.

Keeping fingers crossed.
Thanks Ed!
James315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #593
HDRyder9

Comcast firmware 1.5.3_F.p.1101. Ten days and all six tuners are working perfectly. No reboots required.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #594
GriffithStrife

Can someone extract the firmware off a cable card that has it? That way all of us can just upgrade our own cards.
GriffithStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #595
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffithStrife View Post
Can someone extract the firmware off a cable card that has it? That way all of us can just upgrade our own cards.
I would be interested in understanding how you would do that. Most PCs or laptops don't have Cardbus slots anymore and you don't really know where in the card it is programmed or how to do it. Is there a CableCard programming utility out there somewhere?
Old 11-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #596
mrfantasy

Another Cablevision/NDS CableCard customer

I just had Optimum come out today and install a new CableCARD, but after reading this thread I now understand that with the firmware currently out there I will only get 4 tuner support. If Ed from Cablevision is still looking for volunteers and someone can PM me his info I'd greatly appreciate it (I'm still under 10 posts). If it's just a matter of waiting a bit longer that's okay too, but I certainly can help verify things for them.

I'm also dealing with a frequent reboot problem, that TiVo blamed on too high signal strength. I've now got 2 3dB attenuators between the pole and my TiVo and the signal strength isn't pinned at 100% across all tuners, but it's still a little higher than some posts on the forum indicate it should be. I will probably buy more attenuators and try to tune that myself. But if that really is the problem, and I can get the new CableCARD firmware, my Roamio Plus may actually work the way its supposed to instead of having two tuners not get encrypted channels and rebooting or freezing roughly once a day. Looking forward to that day.
mrfantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #597
fastermac

I disabled 2 tuners but I still get the v58 error. I'll just have to wait until they release the firmware update for the NDS cards and hopefully that will take care of this error.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #598
andyf

Did you reboot after doing that?
Old 11-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #599
James315

Forgot to mention, Ed sent FW ending 0601.
Not sure why this over the 1101.

Anyway, I also recall having a problem initially that caused the TiVo to restart.
It's been fine since though as I mentioned above.
James315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #600
fastermac

No I did not reboot. Instructions did not say that was necessary. I'll give it a try. Thanks.