Definitely not a flashback.

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #93
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I disagree. It was his notion of what happened. He could be wrong.

The reason they showed it was to show us what he was thinking, not to show us what happened.
This^^

They use this exact technique in other shows, they will often show it altered as the evidence proves the first "look at the scene" is incorrect.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #94
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
This^^

They use this exact technique in other shows, they will often show it altered as the evidence proves the first "look at the scene" is incorrect.
Other shows, but not this show.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #95
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I disagree. It was his notion of what happened. He could be wrong.

The reason they showed it was to show us what he was thinking, not to show us what happened.

Because what he was thinking was what happened, they showed us what happened.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #96
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Other shows, but not this show.
Oh.. that explains it.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #97
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

I would have to agree. There would be no reason for them to show us that scene if something different had happened. I'd take that scene as fact.
I agree. There are clearer ways of presenting rick's process of deduction about the crime. Really, they showed us what we needed last week. The handprint. Asking carol. Carol teaching the kids to kill. Carol mercy-killing with a knife to the neck. The flashback scene was unnecessary, other than to show us, the audience, exactly what happened. It was for those viewers who were not sophisticated enough to put together what happened themselves.

If they change what happened and have the girl confess, I'd consider that a retcon at this point.

I don't know why people are so hung up on the girl anyway, there are clear indications that carol was capable of doing this, and that carol has been acting on her own without the approval of the group (namely, teaching the kids to kill).

I don't think the others will mind carol's exile. Any civilized society needs justice. She committed a murder, she needed punishment. Exiling tyrese instead would have been a terrible injustice.
smbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #98
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post

I don't know why people are so hung up on the girl anyway,
Because the kid is creepy.
Because her sister pronounced her "messed up."
Because she is enamored of walkers, especially Nick.
Because she seems to be faking being sick.
Because she seems determined to prove that she is not weak.
Because her possession of a knife has been painfully anvilicious.

And mostly because she came out of nowhere to suddenly being heavily featured and there has to be a reason.
I guess it is possible that she could be a red herring but IMO they are dangling her in front of us intentionally and I don't think they'd waste the airtime if it wasn't going somewhere.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #99
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Agree with others that the "flashbacks" were just their way of showing what actually happened. It would be very out of character for this show to show viewers something like that and then have it turn out to be inaccurate. This isn't a "solve a mystery procedural," this is an ongoing character drama, and they've had the killer confess and showed us what happened. End of story.

I think it would be interesting to know what Rick's (and everyone else's) reaction would have been if Carol had done that to two redshirts rather than one redshirt and Karen who was involved with Tyreese. Seems that the only reason Rick did any investigation and that anyone even cares is because of Tyreese's reaction, not because anyone actually cares that the two people were killed.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #100
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I don't think the little girl did anything to the people. Carol wouldn't have lied about that.

I do think the little girl is messed up and they are setting her up to do something psycho, on top of things she has already seemed to have done (the rats, faking illness).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #101
Dawghows

Did I miss something obvious in the show that indicated to the viewer that the little girl is faking her illness, or is that just something that has been agreed upon in this thread?
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #102
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
Did I miss something obvious in the show that indicated to the viewer that the little girl is faking her illness, or is that just something that has been agreed upon in this thread?
I don't think it's been agreed on or shown to be true in the show. I think some people are putting their theories up as fact.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #103
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
Her pathetic fake cough when she came down last episode to go in the sick bay. And then this episode she looks perfectly fine even though everyone else looks like death warmed over five minutes after they start coughing. Oh, and she is a psycho who thinks being a zombie would be a good idea.

If she is sick, it's bad acting and bad storytelling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #104
Dawghows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
If she is sick, it's bad acting and bad storytelling.
Yeah, that's what I mean when I say "obvious." I did, indeed, write it off as bad acting. Whether or not it turns out to be bad storytelling, we'll see soon enough.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote