TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #91
MacThor
Not Pictured
 
MacThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 4,013
I thought of it as a CSI-like "imaginary crime scene reenactment."
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #92
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 18,011
Definitely not a flashback.
__________________

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #93
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I disagree. It was his notion of what happened. He could be wrong.

The reason they showed it was to show us what he was thinking, not to show us what happened.
This^^

They use this exact technique in other shows, they will often show it altered as the evidence proves the first "look at the scene" is incorrect.
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #94
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 8,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
This^^

They use this exact technique in other shows, they will often show it altered as the evidence proves the first "look at the scene" is incorrect.
Other shows, but not this show.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #95
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 8,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I disagree. It was his notion of what happened. He could be wrong.

The reason they showed it was to show us what he was thinking, not to show us what happened.

Because what he was thinking was what happened, they showed us what happened.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #96
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Other shows, but not this show.
Oh.. that explains it.
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #97
smbaker
Registered User
 
smbaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 14,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

I would have to agree. There would be no reason for them to show us that scene if something different had happened. I'd take that scene as fact.
I agree. There are clearer ways of presenting rick's process of deduction about the crime. Really, they showed us what we needed last week. The handprint. Asking carol. Carol teaching the kids to kill. Carol mercy-killing with a knife to the neck. The flashback scene was unnecessary, other than to show us, the audience, exactly what happened. It was for those viewers who were not sophisticated enough to put together what happened themselves.

If they change what happened and have the girl confess, I'd consider that a retcon at this point.

I don't know why people are so hung up on the girl anyway, there are clear indications that carol was capable of doing this, and that carol has been acting on her own without the approval of the group (namely, teaching the kids to kill).

I don't think the others will mind carol's exile. Any civilized society needs justice. She committed a murder, she needed punishment. Exiling tyrese instead would have been a terrible injustice.
__________________
1 Roamio Plus
2 Lifetime Premieres, 2 HDs, 2 S2DTs
1 Original Philips S1 from all the way back in 1999!
smbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #98
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy
 
Cearbhaill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Posts: 13,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post

I don't know why people are so hung up on the girl anyway,
Because the kid is creepy.
Because her sister pronounced her "messed up."
Because she is enamored of walkers, especially Nick.
Because she seems to be faking being sick.
Because she seems determined to prove that she is not weak.
Because her possession of a knife has been painfully anvilicious.

And mostly because she came out of nowhere to suddenly being heavily featured and there has to be a reason.
I guess it is possible that she could be a red herring but IMO they are dangling her in front of us intentionally and I don't think they'd waste the airtime if it wasn't going somewhere.
__________________
-Toni
Cearbhaill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #99
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 37,057
Agree with others that the "flashbacks" were just their way of showing what actually happened. It would be very out of character for this show to show viewers something like that and then have it turn out to be inaccurate. This isn't a "solve a mystery procedural," this is an ongoing character drama, and they've had the killer confess and showed us what happened. End of story.

I think it would be interesting to know what Rick's (and everyone else's) reaction would have been if Carol had done that to two redshirts rather than one redshirt and Karen who was involved with Tyreese. Seems that the only reason Rick did any investigation and that anyone even cares is because of Tyreese's reaction, not because anyone actually cares that the two people were killed.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #100
Zevida
witless and unarmed
 
Zevida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 12,987
I don't think the little girl did anything to the people. Carol wouldn't have lied about that.

I do think the little girl is messed up and they are setting her up to do something psycho, on top of things she has already seemed to have done (the rats, faking illness).
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #101
Dawghows
Registered User
 
Dawghows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,443
Did I miss something obvious in the show that indicated to the viewer that the little girl is faking her illness, or is that just something that has been agreed upon in this thread?
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #102
WhiskeyTango
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
Did I miss something obvious in the show that indicated to the viewer that the little girl is faking her illness, or is that just something that has been agreed upon in this thread?
I don't think it's been agreed on or shown to be true in the show. I think some people are putting their theories up as fact.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #103
Zevida
witless and unarmed
 
Zevida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 12,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
Did I miss something obvious in the show that indicated to the viewer that the little girl is faking her illness, or is that just something that has been agreed upon in this thread?
Her pathetic fake cough when she came down last episode to go in the sick bay. And then this episode she looks perfectly fine even though everyone else looks like death warmed over five minutes after they start coughing. Oh, and she is a psycho who thinks being a zombie would be a good idea.

If she is sick, it's bad acting and bad storytelling.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #104
Dawghows
Registered User
 
Dawghows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
If she is sick, it's bad acting and bad storytelling.
Yeah, that's what I mean when I say "obvious." I did, indeed, write it off as bad acting. Whether or not it turns out to be bad storytelling, we'll see soon enough.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |