TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Diacritical

Cannot create a season pass

On my new Roamio Pro, I have found at least one show hat will not permit a season pass to be created. It works on every other show I have tried. When I pull up "Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice" in the Guide and I select a future recording, then select "Season Pass & other options," it only allows me to "Record this episode" or "Explore this show." Any other show (as far as i can find) offers additional options of "View other showings" and "Get a Season Pass."

Has anyone else seen this before?
Diacritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Is the only episode available on the last day of guide data you have? There seems to be a bug where you can't set up a season pass for any show who's only available airing is the last day of data. If you wait a day you can set up a SP just fine.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Diacritical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Is the only episode available on the last day of guide data you have? There seems to be a bug where you can't set up a season pass for any show who's only available airing is the last day of data. If you wait a day you can set up a SP just fine.
There are more episodes, but you cannot see them if you try to view future episodes. Wish lists find them fine, so that's what I did for now, set up a wishlist. three episodes now show up-coming, but still cannot create a season pass. Weird.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
cherry ghost

Try setting up a one-time recording from the guide and then go to the To-Do List and try a Season Pass from there
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Diacritical

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Try setting up a one-time recording from the guide and then go to the To-Do List and try a Season Pass from there
There's no season pass option. And it can not see upcoming episodes even though three show up in the to-do list. I've been using TiVo since the very first version and I've never seen anything like this.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
cherry ghost

Then the problem is what Dan said. Try again tomorrow.
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
HiRoller

There's something weird going on with that show/guide data. When I originally searched for it (prior to this season's premiere) it wasn't there. I went to the Discover Channel website and found out that it was starting in just a few days. Going back to the Tivo, other shows were scheduled for that time slot. A day later, the guide data started showed the program.

The other things was that this season's name for the show was "Bering Sea Gold : Under the Ice". Now it's changed to "Bering Sea Gold" and the episode titles all start out with "Under the Ice". My season pass is working with just "Bering Sea Gold" as the title.
HiRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRoller View Post
There's something weird going on with that show/guide data. When I originally searched for it (prior to this season's premiere) it wasn't there. I went to the Discover Channel website and found out that it was starting in just a few days. Going back to the Tivo, other shows were scheduled for that time slot. A day later, the guide data started showed the program.

The other things was that this season's name for the show was "Bering Sea Gold : Under the Ice". Now it's changed to "Bering Sea Gold" and the episode titles all start out with "Under the Ice". My season pass is working with just "Bering Sea Gold" as the title.
Yes, it sounds like the problem is probably the guide data. There's various metadata fields including SeriesId and ProgramId, and perhaps those are changing along with the changes in Title. TiVo uses them to identify which shows belong to a series, and therefore a Season Pass.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #9
pautler

I just ran into this exact same problem with various shows on CBC (broadcast from Toronto). The specific shows were Battle of the Blades, The Fifth Estate, Dragons Den, and The Rick Mercer Report.

Just like the oroginal poster said, it wouldn't let me set up a season pass for any of them, but a title wishlist set-up seems to work as expected.

I figured it must have something to do with the guide data.

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #10
jrock

I just realized last night when watching Gold Rush and saw the ad for Bearing Sea Gold that mine didn't record. I checked and it was in my season pass that I just added from last week but didn't record any shows and had no upcoming episodes. I went in the guide and the show was renamed from Bearing Sea Gold: Under the Ice to just Bearing Sea Gold. So now I have both season passes and it looks like it will record the missed show on the 10th then the new one next week in the to do list.

They must of messed with the guide data sometime in the last few weeks. Hopefully it works now though.

-Joe
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
I just realized last night...that mine didn't record...I went in the guide and the show was renamed...
this has caught me more than once. sometimes they change the hidden backend data from one season to the next, and that causes a failure, too. that's why i don't always keep an sp between seasons.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote