TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #31
barrett14

I spoke to a level 2 tech on the phone and she was able to solve my issues in 5 minutes. I didn't know they had different tiers of tech support. She even told me that after reviewing my file, she is going to send the previous techs that I spoke with back for more training.... hah
barrett14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #32
ckelly33

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett14 View Post
I spoke to a level 2 tech on the phone and she was able to solve my issues in 5 minutes. I didn't know they had different tiers of tech support. She even told me that after reviewing my file, she is going to send the previous techs that I spoke with back for more training.... hah
I'd like to contribute a list of techs to this cause!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #33
NetEmpire

Charter in Rancho Cucamonga the issue is the TA/CableCards firmware is outdated and it has been 2 months and all I am getting is the runaround.

Current Firmware is: PKEY1.5.2_F.p.1601

Need at least: 1.5.2.2801

The newest is 1.5.3.1101

I am at my wits end as Charter is doing absolutely nothing and Tivo says it is not their fault so basically I have a $600 paperweight.
NetEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #34
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetEmpire View Post
Charter in Rancho Cucamonga the issue is the TA/CableCards firmware is outdated and it has been 2 months and all I am getting is the runaround.

The newest is 1.5.3.1101

I am at my wits end as Charter is doing absolutely nothing and Tivo says it is not their fault so basically I have a $600 paperweight.
I feel your pain, but if you tell your Roamio to use 5 tuners it should work and not be a 600 paperweight, while you wait for Charter to hopefully get with the program. Have you lowered your # of active tuners?

Instructions: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...91#post9785291

After you do that, you must force a reboot.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #35
NetEmpire

At first, we could not get just the HD channels without numerous reboots, but now, we lose all digital channels at least 5-10 times a day and have to reboot sometimes 5 or more times.

Since we are away from home much of the time, we end up returning and 2/3rds of our shows are not recorded.

Charter keeps giving us BS that they are working on a solution, that they are buying a Tivo Roamio Pro, etc., etc. and I keep telling them to UPDATE the TA firmware. Each call is 2-3 hours of my life gone.

Being an attorney it is hard for me to not think about escalating the situation on behalf of everyone that is dealing with this nonsense. The CEO of Charter signed an agreement to support their TA customers in exchange for a waiver of Section 76.1204(a) allowing them to retool a new software based solution. Seems like they are not taking that promise seriously.
NetEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #36
tim1724

Quote:

The newest is 1.5.3.1101

Same problem with Charter in Alhambra.

Just put in the code to set it to use only 5 tuners and it should work fine. (I've been using mine this way since August and the CableCard works just fine with only 5 tuners active.) At some point I'll bug my local Charter office to get me 1.5.3.1101, but so far I haven't bothered. (5 tuners is already a huge upgrade from the 2 in my old Series 3.)

Yes, there are still some tuning adapter issues, but TiVo is working with Cisco on that.
tim1724 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #37
AdamNJ

Quote:
At first, we could not get just the HD channels without numerous reboots, but now, we lose all digital channels at least 5-10 times a day and have to reboot sometimes 5 or more times.

Since we are away from home much of the time, we end up returning and 2/3rds of our shows are not recorded.

Charter keeps giving us BS that they are working on a solution, that they are buying a Tivo Roamio Pro, etc., etc. and I keep telling them to UPDATE the TA firmware. Each call is 2-3 hours of my life gone.

Being an attorney it is hard for me to not think about escalating the situation on behalf of everyone that is dealing with this nonsense. The CEO of Charter signed an agreement to support their TA customers in exchange for a waiver of Section 76.1204(a) allowing them to retool a new software based solution. Seems like they are not taking that promise seriously.
Just to be clear the CableCard firmware is the primary issue and the Cisco firmware #s being mentioned are for the CableCard. Your TA might have an issue too, but that would likely be you couldn't tune in more then 2 SDV channels.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #38
hazelnus111

I have Charter in Metro St. Louis and just got a Roamio base model to replace my HD Tivo. Used the old M card (5 years old) from the HD tivo and tuning adapter. I put the card in before guided setup and went through everything but still got no channels. Called at about 11pm and talked with Charter tech support. From having had two other experiences with Charter and Tivo cablecards, I had very low expectations. He got the info off the cablecard and read it back to me but he still couldn't get the card to successfully pair.

I ran guided setup again and no better.

So, I called the next day at 3pm and was told by tech support that the cablecards will not work with Roamio until we are on completely digital cable in our area and that there was a memo about Roamio that was telling her that if the steps taken hadn't worked, we would have to hook up a set top box proximal to the roamio to work as a tuning adapter without a cablecard. (Never got there but it is intriguing as to whether this could be a workaround...she said that it would allow for tuning multiple channels with this setup for what it's worth as well). She then went away (probably to talk with their tivo guru) and then returned and said that she was going to send a very strong signal to the tuning adapter that is stronger than they usually send and that it may shut off the tuning adapter. I was at work when I called her (didn't want to run the risk of trying to get someone who knew what they were doing after I got home from work) so I'm not sure exactly what happened but when I came home, the Roamio was tuning all channels, including HD and it's been working great without any other intervention or hiccups. Hope this helps.
hazelnus111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #39
pshivers
Retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1724 View Post
Same problem with Charter in Alhambra.

Just put in the code to set it to use only 5 tuners and it should work fine. (I've been using mine this way since August and the CableCard works just fine with only 5 tuners active.) At some point I'll bug my local Charter office to get me 1.5.3.1101, but so far I haven't bothered. (5 tuners is already a huge upgrade from the 2 in my old Series 3.)

Yes, there are still some tuning adapter issues, but TiVo is working with Cisco on that.
I've been doing the same thing with my Roamio Pro to work with Charter in the Alhambra area, (5 active tuners). I do wish they would update the firmware on their CableCards to 1.5.3.1101 so I could take advantage of all 6 of the tuners in the Pro!

I have a Standard 4-tuner Roamio running CC Firmware 1.5.2.1601 and my 6-Tuner Pro running CC firmware 1.5.2.2401. Funny how I have two active CableCards running different firmware version? I thought Charter was suppose to at least keep their CC's running at the same release level....

I have to call Charter today anyways for service, the TA on my Standard Roamio is blinking constantly and I am unable to tune in any SDV channels, rebooting/unplugging in various combinations of the equipment does nothing....
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #40
tim1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshivers View Post
I have a Standard 4-tuner Roamio running CC Firmware 1.5.2.1601 and my 6-Tuner Pro running CC firmware 1.5.2.2401. Funny how I have two active CableCards running different firmware version? I thought Charter was suppose to at least keep their CC's running at the same release level....
I think I'm on the same Charter system (I'm in Temple City) and I've never seen them push out any updates over the wire for their M-cards. (The ONLY time I've seen them push out a cablecard update in the 8 years or so that I've had them was once on their S-cards about 5 years ago.) So you're stuck with whatever firmware was on the card when they gave it to you.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #41
shrike4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1724 View Post
I think I'm on the same Charter system (I'm in Temple City) and I've never seen them push out any updates over the wire for their M-cards. (The ONLY time I've seen them push out a cablecard update in the 8 years or so that I've had them was once on their S-cards about 5 years ago.) So you're stuck with whatever firmware was on the card when they gave it to you.
I'd second that situation, at least for me in St. Louis.

I've had CableCards with the same FW version going back to 2006-2007, until the few I've received recently to fix apparent CableCard issues, they had newer FW than the version on the existing cards that I've had previously.

Former:
Sony S1, Toshiba RS-TX20 w/DVD burner, Tivo S2, S2 DT, S3, TivoHD, Premiere XL
shrike4242 is offline   Reply With Quote