TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #91
JC Fedorczyk

The up arrow was what I was looking for! Thank you.
JC Fedorczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #92
jmpage2

Are profiles supposed to be working now? Any settings for this, because my Netflix account has two profiles but I am not getting prompted for them when I start Netflix on my Roamio.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #93
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
Are profiles supposed to be working now? Any settings for this, because my Netflix account has two profiles but I am not getting prompted for them when I start Netflix on my Roamio.
They enabled profile support for only a few days before they pulled it. Apparently it was not quite ready. I hope it comes back soon as it was quite useful.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #94
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
They enabled profile support for only a few days before they pulled it. Apparently it was not quite ready. I hope it comes back soon as it was quite useful.
Ah, that explains it. I was wondering why I had seen people referring to it and not seen it working for myself.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #95
ustavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
Ah, that explains it. I was wondering why I had seen people referring to it and not seen it working for myself.
Tivo is currently working with Netflix to come up with a fix for random rebooting issues experienced by a not insignificant amount of subscribers. An earlier fix for rebooting issues resolved issues for many but created new ones for others. Hopefully this fix will also restore profiles. The plan is to issue an update this month.

On another note, my son got a Netflix update today on his PS3 and it toasted any ability to use Netflix at all. He had to head off to work before we could sort it out but will jump when he gets back.

Ah, technology....how it makes life some much less complicated
ustavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #96
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
More options:
Left will return you to whatever you were last doing. So if you are watching a recording, left will take you back to the menu but already drilled down to the show you are watching. This works for any menu location, not just shows.

If you exited an app, left will start it up again.

Right is another way to see info. Left hides it again.
How are you guys getting LEFT and UP to do these thing? They don't for me and shouldn't. As I stated, from the browser UP scrolls circularly through the genre rows and LEFT scrolls circularly through the titles in the currently selected row. From stream playback LEFT pauses and lets your skip back by poster thumbs, about 15 seconds apart in the title that I tried. In the title's menu it backs out into the browser grid.

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
mikeyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #97
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustavio View Post
Tivo is currently working with Netflix to come up with a fix for random rebooting issues experienced by a not insignificant amount of subscribers. An earlier fix for rebooting issues resolved issues for many but created new ones for others. Hopefully this fix will also restore profiles. The plan is to issue an update this month.

On another note, my son got a Netflix update today on his PS3 and it toasted any ability to use Netflix at all. He had to head off to work before we could sort it out but will jump when he gets back.

Ah, technology....how it makes life some much less complicated
Reminds me why I still buy discs. They always work.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #98
mrizzo80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyts View Post
How are you guys getting LEFT and UP to do these thing? They don't for me and shouldn't. As I stated, from the browser UP scrolls circularly through the genre rows and LEFT scrolls circularly through the titles in the currently selected row. From stream playback LEFT pauses and lets your skip back by poster thumbs, about 15 seconds apart in the title that I tried. In the title's menu it backs out into the browser grid.
While streaming a show.

*Just* Up. Not Left then Up. If you are very close to the end of the show (time-wise) I think Up will take you to the Play Next/Back to Browse window though.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #99
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
While streaming a show.

*Just* Up. Not Left then Up. If you are very close to the end of the show (time-wise) I think Up will take you to the Play Next/Back to Browse window though.
I think that I just misunderstood and the guy was trying to get back to the Netflix browser, in which case UP is what you hit.

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
Old 11-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #100
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

I found one "problem" with the Netflix player. If you use a "VPN" sort of service to access Netflix libraries in other geographical areas (Brazil, Mexico, UK, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark), TiVo's Netflix will not work, at least not with UnblockUS. The other devices that I own with Netflix players all work with this (Roku 2 XS, Roku 3, 2 Panasonic BDPs, 1 Sony BDP, PS3, Xbox 360 and this PC--I can't remember whether my Premiere did, but I think so). The problem is that it uses the router as primary DNS address, which is cool, but it then uses one of my provider's DNS servers as secondary DNS, which won't work. It populates the browser with the right titles (and no My List) and you can search and find stuff not in the US catalog but it can't play anything, dying a few seconds into loading.

Of course, doing this is not entirely kosher so it can't really be considered a bug .

"
" -- hookbill
Old 11-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #101
anthonymoody

Big Netflix announcement today that they're unifying the UI across devices to a brand new experience. Unfortunately, among the many many devices explicitly mentioned, Tivo was not one of them. That said, anyone pop into nflx on TiVo this morning to check?
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #102
jrock

I just checked, still no profiles here.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #103
rainwater

The profile enabled app that showed up on TiVo a few weeks ago looks nothing like the one Netflix is showing off now. Perhaps that is why they pulled it in order to push the new UI out. Hopefully they will do it soon.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #104
swerver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyts View Post
Sorry I was referring to what you can do while watching live tv or recordings, not while in netflix.
swerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #105
anthonymoody

Quote:
The profile enabled app that showed up on TiVo a few weeks ago looks nothing like the one Netflix is showing off now. Perhaps that is why they pulled it in order to push the new UI out. Hopefully they will do it soon.
Exactly.

Funny thing is that as of just now it hasn't yet been pushed to my ps3 which was the first device in the press release iirc.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #106
ustavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
Big Netflix announcement today that they're unifying the UI across devices to a brand new experience. Unfortunately, among the many many devices explicitly mentioned, Tivo was not one of them. That said, anyone pop into nflx on TiVo this morning to check?
Patience my friend. The new Netflix is coming to a Tivo near you very....very soon.

Last edited by ustavio : 11-22-2013 at 01:47 AM.
ustavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #107
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

I haven't gotten it on my PS3 either, which is surprising since they tend to try everything on the PS3 first. In fact the banner content ad that's been a regular part of the PS3's player for a couple of months is missing. Whatever; I hope that it comes to my Roku 3 soon; I'm most interested about how it will perform on it.

"
" -- hookbill
Old 11-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #108
anthonymoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustavio View Post
Patience my friend. Prepare to be astounded. The new Netflix is coming to a Tivo near you very....very soon.
Pix or it didn't happen!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #109
nws alpine

Profiles would be nice. We just signed up for Netflix with the Roamio and my profile is littered with a whole bunch of sappy chick flicks. The GF loves it and I can't find a way to remove them form my profile.
nws alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #110
anthonymoody

Well my ps3 updated but for the first time ever I didn't have to install an app update. It was just...there, this morning. Pretty slick new interface.

My ATV has not changed, nor has the TiVo.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #111
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
Well my ps3 updated but for the first time ever I didn't have to install an app update. It was just...there, this morning. Pretty slick new interface.

My ATV has not changed, nor has the TiVo.
The ATV isn't changing. Netflix made that clear when they announced the new UI. Since TiVo is using the HTML5 app, it will surely come to the Roamio's. It is just a matter of when. I can't imagine it will take that long but we will see.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #112
leiff

It looks like my netflix updated today. When i launched netflix i got a message about improved searching and graphics. Now when i play something pressing info shows resolution but no more bitrate info. Even worse pressing info again no longer hides this info. And now my roamio is showing c33 error even though network diagnostic checked out. C33 fixed itself 10 minutes later but now i have a c501 error. Wonder if this is all due to Netflix?
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #113
Dan203
Super Moderator

My Vizio TV, which uses HTML5 apps via Yahoo! apps service, still hasn't been updated. It got the profiles update the day it was released so I'm surprised it didn't get the update yet.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #114
rainwater

It's good to see the TiVo app got updated so quick. It looks nice. And you can change the audio/subtitles during playback which is nice.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #115
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
It looks like my netflix updated today. When i launched netflix i got a message about improved searching and graphics. Now when i play something pressing info shows resolution but no more bitrate info. Even worse pressing info again no longer hides this info. And now my roamio is showing c33 error even though network diagnostic checked out. C33 fixed itself 10 minutes later but now i have a c501 error. Wonder if this is all due to Netflix?
[Sigh] Par for the course for TiVo again. (And I know TiVo apologists will probably say this is Netflix's fault but it's up to TiVo to give Netflix thumbs up or down on actually making it available to TiVo users).

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #116
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
[Sigh] Par for the course for TiVo again. (And I know TiVo apologists will probably say this is Netflix's fault but it's up to TiVo to give Netflix thumbs up or down on actually making it available to TiVo users).
The app is working fine for me. I'm hardly bothered by how they format the debug info on the screen. You can hide the debug info by hitting up while it is paused btw. It is certainly no failure on TiVos part as everything is working fine on my end.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #117
jrock

I just tested it out and I have the update as well. I noticed the info bug and was like wtf? if you press info enough times really fast it finally goes away

Hopefully they fix it though. Not many people may think of going rapid fire on the info button. It is repeatable though. Takes about 10+ clicks and every other click when it should go off I see a weird transparent block over half of it.

Works really nice so far other than that.

-Joe

Quote:
Even worse pressing info again no longer hides this info.

jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #118
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
...it's up to TiVo to give Netflix thumbs up or down on actually making it available to TiVo users.
I don't believe that's true. Netflix's whole purpose of going to the HTML5/Webkit platform was to stop having to ask for the OEMs help or permission when they want to change their UI. They change the UI as easily as they change their web page and I don't believe that they ask OEMs for permission to do it anymore than they ask the web browser producers for permission to change their site.

I'm sure that if TiVo relays a bunch of complaints from their customers about the new UI being buggy or performing intolerably poorly they'll back out of it and investigate. I'm sure that they'll take any complaints about the style of the UI as relayed through TiVo into consideration as well, though those aren't likely to push them to change.

"
" -- hookbill
Old 11-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #119
moyekj

Quote:
You can hide the debug info by hitting up while it is paused btw.
That's a good tip, thanks!

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #120
rhettf
R3T1CAL

Quote:
I have been able to press info and get bitrate into for a couple weeks.
rhettf is offline   Reply With Quote