TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
shrike4242

Tivo Stream - do I need it for non-Roamio Tivos?

In my home environment, I have three Premiere XLs, one Premiere XL4 and one S3 that will be replaced by a Roamio Pro in the next few months. All of the Tivos are talking on MoCa, either by external or integrated adapters.

I know the Roamio Pro has an integrated Stream, so it's obvious to me that it will push out content on that Tivo via the Stream.

Question is, will the Roamio Pro stream out content that was recorded on it directly or would anything I recorded on any other Tivo that I transferred to the Roamio Pro be viewable via the integrated Stream? If that's the case, then I wouldn't need a standalone Stream for the Premiere units and can just wait until I get the Roamio Pro.

I think I already know the answer though it made sense to ask and double-check.
shrike4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

The stream inside the Roamio Pro is exactly the same as a standalone Stream and can stream content from any Premiere or Roamio on your network. There is no reason for you to buy a standalone Stream if you're buying a Roamio Plus or Pro.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
shrike4242

So, would it work with content recorded on a Premiere if the content is on the Premiere, or does it need to be copied to the Roamio to be streamed?
shrike4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike4242 View Post
So, would it work with content recorded on a Premiere if the content is on the Premiere, or does it need to be copied to the Roamio to be streamed?
Yes, it works with content on the Premiere directly, you don't have to copy it over yourself. Internally the Roamio Stream streams the recording from Premiere, transcodes it, then sends it to iOS App. Think of the internal Roamio Stream as identical to a standalone TiVo Stream.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote