TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Supernatural - "Dog Dean Afternoon" - 11/5/13

Well. I'm not sure what to even say about this episode.
It was fun I supposed. I did enjoy a few things about Dean being a dog. The absentminded continuing of "fetch" with Sam's napkin and Sam's "really?" expression every time. I also liked Dean's "You think we like that?" about the dog staying in the car.

Otherwise, it was just a typical silly MOW. And Jared live tweeted the episode and was very open about how much he and Jensen were not happy with the voices of the dogs.

Otherwise, Jared wins the acting again on that fast transformation from Sam to Zeke healing back to confused Sam. I mean wow guys. Then him asking Dean why the baddie said he didn't know what he was. It's all starting to unravel here!!!

Looking forward to next week! It's back to the myth arc and should be a really great episode!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
danterner
Not it!

Has anyone else noticed that this season has been full of references to other shows?

In the first episode, there was a line about "breaking bad" (not specifically the show, but it came off as a tip of the hat).

In the second episode, they had Game of Thrones DVDs.

Now in this episode, there was yet another breaking bad dialog line and also the Game of Thrones taxidermy rats.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
And Jared live tweeted the episode and was very open about how much he and Jensen were not happy with the voices of the dogs.
It's like they didn't even try.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
It's like they didn't even try.
Agreed. The shepherd's voice should have been German. That was a duh. Oh well. Nothing you can do now.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
stellie93

I actually liked this episode way better than the last one. I loved Dean as a dog, and didn't think anything about the doggie voices. I did like the pure bred little old lady collie. And I loved Dean hanging his head out the window of the car.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I actually liked this episode way better than the last one. I loved Dean as a dog, and didn't think anything about the doggie voices. I did like the pure bred little old lady collie. And I loved Dean hanging his head out the window of the car.
I agree. The Oz episode fell flat for me, but this one worked better.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Agreed. The shepherd's voice should have been German. That was a duh. Oh well. Nothing you can do now.
No, it was what it should have been. Unless the shepherd was actually raised around German speaking people, how would he have learned to speak German or even have a German accent? You don't magically learn the language of your ancestors unless you're exposed to it.

Seeing as how long this series has run, an episode like this has to be expected once in a while just to break up the monotony. It was like Dr. Doolittle meets the Dark Side.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

And Supernatural has a long history of X-Files-type dead-pan comedy episodes, some better than others. I accept that in comedy, it's not always going to work, and admire their willingness to try something different from time to time.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #9
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
No, it was what it should have been. Unless the shepherd was actually raised around German speaking people, how would he have learned to speak German or even have a German accent? You don't magically learn the language of your ancestors unless you're exposed to it.
I seriously hope this post is tongue in cheek.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #10
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
I thought this episode was really fun.

As soon as I saw the "THEN" montage and it was all silly episodes I knew i would find this episode either really fun or terrible.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #11
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
I seriously hope this post is tongue in cheek.
I agree completely with mr.unnatural's comment. I was hoping that you weren't really serious about the GSD's voice being German. The accents were not at all what was wrong with the voices.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
I agree completely with mr.unnatural's comment. I was hoping that you weren't really serious about the GSD's voice being German. The accents were not at all what was wrong with the voices.
Of course I wasn't serious, which is why I was hoping their response wasn't either.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #13
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Of course I wasn't serious, which is why I was hoping their response wasn't either.
Try a different emoticon if you don't want your posts taken seriously. There are better ones to denote sarcasm. A smiley face just says you're happy.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I thought this episode was really fun.

As soon as I saw the "THEN" montage and it was all silly episodes I knew i would find this episode either really fun or terrible.
As you said, everyone should have known this episode was not to be taken seriously. Just look at the clips under the "then" heading in the opening. That was hilarious all by itself. Somehow, this show can get away with it. Dean unconsciously playing fetch was great. His staring at the poodle, letting the "prisoners" go, arguing for not leaving the dog in the car, all great comic stuff. These guys CAN do comedy!

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
JYoung
Series 3

I like the comedy episodes but I don't think that they should do two in a row.

My reaction to this week's episode is the same as last week's, cute and amusing but contributes little to the overall storyline.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote