TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 4.94 average.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #121
hooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by worachj View Post
Amazon has Roamio Basic for $177.73 with free shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/TiVo-TCD840500...eywords=roamio
Back up to 186
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #122
rassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by L David Matheny View Post
On the offer screen, under "Common questions" clicking on "Are you offering current TiVo subscribers a Multi-Service Discount if they purchase a new box?" brings up answer "Yes. Current TiVo subscribers may qualify for an additional $2 off of each monthly service fee or $100 off of Product Lifetime service as long as their current qualifying TiVo service subscription remains active in accordance with the Multi-Service Discount Agreement. Log onto tivo.com to see if you qualify."
any idea how long the 2nd box has to remain active to qualify for the $100 off lifetime?
rassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #123
booboy97

The Basic and Plus are on backorder now at ABT.

Got the Pro for $499 shipped. Took less than 10 minutes via Live Chat and call to give the credit card.

Top notch service!

At TiVo.com, it wanted to charge me tax of $72 for California for a Pro at $499. Not sure why so high.
booboy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #124
dcpmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboy97 View Post
The Basic and Plus are on backorder now at ABT.

Got the Pro for $499 shipped. Took less than 10 minutes via Live Chat and call to give the credit card.

Top notch service!

At TiVo.com, it wanted to charge me tax of $72 for California for a Pro at $499. Not sure why so high.
What am I missing? ABT's website says $599.99. Do you have to call to get the $100? I'd like to try to get a price match from a local place.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #125
booboy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
What am I missing? ABT's website says $599.99. Do you have to call to get the $100? I'd like to try to get a price match from a local place.
You actually have to discuss it with them at least via "Live Chat". You could print out the text from the "Live Chat" and use that, but ABT was so good, I just went with them.

I went to Best Buy and showed them what TiVo would give me ($350 for Plus/$499 for Pro) in my shopping cart and they wouldn't budge.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #126
booboy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
any idea how long the 2nd box has to remain active to qualify for the $100 off lifetime?
I think the MSD would only apply to the monthly payment. One you have lifetime on the unit, there is nothing else to purchase.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #127
waterchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
And if you're buying a Roamio from any place that's not directly TiVo, you can use code PLSR to get $100 off lifetime anyways. So you don't have to worry about having a qualifying first box active. (Anyone, please correct me if this is no longer the case.)
waterchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #128
bmgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboy97 View Post
You actually have to discuss it with them at least via "Live Chat". You could print out the text from the "Live Chat" and use that, but ABT was so good, I just went with them.

I went to Best Buy and showed them what TiVo would give me ($350 for Plus/$499 for Pro) in my shopping cart and they wouldn't budge.
I wonder if you have to call around to multiple Best Buy locations? I had no trouble getting them to match the Tivo, Inc "phone in" price.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #129
adaymerced

What evidence did you show them to get them to match the "phone-in" price? I chatted with a TiVo rep today to try to get a screen grab of the discount offer, and they said they couldn't do it and I'd have to call their sales department. My experience with Best Buy is that they'll only do it if you can show them evidence of the price from another vendor.
adaymerced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #130
Tivogre

For some reason with Best Buy, you also have a lot more leverage if you purchase the item from them first, and THEN negotiate the price under threat of a return.

Be prepared to follow through with a (now open box) return if they don't see things your way.
Samsung 72", 56", 4 x 32" HDTV
Sony 40" HDTV
iRule + iTach Remotes
Tivogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #131
booboy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaymerced View Post
What evidence did you show them to get them to match the "phone-in" price? I chatted with a TiVo rep today to try to get a screen grab of the discount offer, and they said they couldn't do it and I'd have to call their sales department. My experience with Best Buy is that they'll only do it if you can show them evidence of the price from another vendor.
My closest Best Buy wouldn't do it even though I showed them them the final price using the screen grab and promo code in the online shopping cart. They basically said they would not match TiVo's price period. Hello ABT!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #132
bmgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaymerced View Post
I told them I had *no* evidence, but I could call the Tivo order phone number. They didn't bother to call. I'm not sure if the weekend management was less picky? Or because it was so close to closing time?
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #133
lentiman
Ocassional User

I'm an Elite Plus rewards member with best best buy and they wouldn't price match. ABT made it very easy to buy.
lentiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #134
booboy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentiman View Post
I'm an Elite Plus rewards member with best best buy and they wouldn't price match. ABT made it very easy to buy.
Same here (Elite Plus). Plus I just bought a Thermador Built-in from them (Pacific Sales).

I should have not wasted my time going to Best Buy in the first place.

Unfortunately all Roamios are backordered at ABT. Luckily I got in this morning!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #135
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

ANY visit to a Best Buy is a waste of time....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #136
bayern_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
ANY visit to a Best Buy is a waste of time....
Fact. They will become even more irrelevant to savvy shoppers once Amazon same-day delivery rolls out in more cities
bayern_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #137
Starfury9

ABT price match

I was able to get ABT to match TiVo for $350 (Roamio Plus), but not the $339.99 that others have been getting.

The PLSR code worked like a charm for the lifetime activation.
Now I just need to wait for the TiVo service activation to flow through. "We're still processing your activation. Try again in 24 hours"
Starfury9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #138
DM3MD157

Just ordered a Roamio Plus! Hopefully this is worth me upgrading from my Premiere 4!
DM3MD157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #139
jwc553911

So is the Roamio Pro $100 off gone now? or am i missing a promo code somewhere? Looks like $599+399 both at Tivo and ABT.
jwc553911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #140
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfury9 View Post
I was able to get ABT to match TiVo for $350 (Roamio Plus), but not the $339.99 that others have been getting.

The PLSR code worked like a charm for the lifetime activation.
Now I just need to wait for the TiVo service activation to flow through. "We're still processing your activation. Try again in 24 hours"
Just keep making the TiVo force calls home and it'll update eventually.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #141
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwc553911 View Post
So is the Roamio Pro $100 off gone now? or am i missing a promo code somewhere? Looks like $599+399 both at Tivo and ABT.
There was a code emailed to some people. But it sounded like you needed to call TiVo to get the deal before that (or if you don't have the email).
Old 11-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #142
lentiman
Ocassional User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwc553911 View Post
If you're buying from TiVo you have to call in to get this deal. If you call or chat with ABT they will price match it. Best Buy is not interested in price matching this deal as there is no printed documentation from TiVo.
lentiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #143
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentiman View Post
If you're buying from TiVo you have to call in to get this deal. If you call or chat with ABT they will price match it. Best Buy is not interested in price matching this deal as there is no printed documentation from TiVo.
OK, I am finally willing to get a Roamio and ditch a Premiere/multiple premieres. Can someone run down my current options? Hard to tell in this thread what is possible as of today.

Thanks in advance.

(1) Elite
(3) Premieres
(1) HD
(1) Mini
I run
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
larrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #144
bayern_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrs View Post
OK, I am finally willing to get a Roamio and ditch a Premiere/multiple premieres. Can someone run down my current options? Hard to tell in this thread what is possible as of today.

Thanks in advance.
Officially,

Roamio Base: $25 off + $399 lifetime
Roamio Plus: $50 off + $399 lifetime
Roamio Pro: $100 off + $399 lifetime

All other offers YMMV.
bayern_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #145
tiffanydawnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterchange View Post
I believe you can use code PLSR to get $100 off lifetime ($399 instead of $499) as long as you don't buy the TiVo unit directly from TiVo.
Correct. I activated the unit I bought from abt.com and used that code. Lifetime was $399.
tiffanydawnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #146
celtic pride

Does ABT accept bill me later a paypal company? as well as creditd cards?
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #147
Philmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
Does ABT accept bill me later a paypal company? as well as creditd cards?
Yep

Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #148
celtic pride

cool! I didnt know that darn it!I'll go check the website thanks for the information!
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #149
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern_fan View Post
Fact. They will become even more irrelevant to savvy shoppers once Amazon same-day delivery rolls out in more cities
I actually use BestBuy more now. Especially since Amazon charges taxes in Virginia and typically when they use same day delivery they use Lasership. I've tried a few same day deliveries and it's been 50/50 whether I get it because Lasership is incompetent. I had a two day package today that never showed up because of Lasership. And I've had packages delivered to Amazon lockers from Lasership that sat there for days because a pickup code was never issued. I've had a bunch of packages with messed up deliveries because of Amazon using LaserShip. So typically now, since BestBuy matches Amazon prices, I can just stop by one of the four BestBuy stores that are on my way home and pick up the item with much more certainty than Amazon delivering it.

Now granted Amazon will typically give me a $10 or $20 credit when Lasership does this, but sometimes I want the item right away. Giving me a credit doesn't get me the item. Since it has to be reordered and they say they can't control who is used for the delivery. I always hope it's UPS, but unfortunately half the time it ends up being Lasership.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #150
scooby2

How fast is Tivo shipping? Are any other places offering this deal? ABT is local and showing out of stock.
scooby2 is offline   Reply With Quote